“Awesome view, exceptionally friendly Staff”

Gulfview Manor Resort
Ranked #22 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We travel to FMB a few times a year. Love the area!
First time staying at the Gulfview Manor, but will certainly return. We liked it so well, a one week trip extended to two weeks. Our 1st room was ocean front, one bedroom, then moved to two bedroom, ocean side view. Extremely clean and our stay was perfect. The Staff, particularly Julie, were fabulous! Very Customer Service oriented and friendly. Convenient location as many restaurants are very close by. Will definitely return!

Room Tip: Oceanview, one bedroom has the perfect beach view. We also stayed in a two bedroom, side ocean view...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank darla j

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Gulfview Manor was perfect for a weekend at the beach with my Mom. The room was clean, spacious, and right on the beach! The beach was beautiful white sand, not crowded, perfect for walks/runs in the morning, and great for watching sunsets. The room had a big balcony with patio furniture and a great view even from the "side" view rooms where we stayed. There is a trolley stop right in front of the manor that takes you to the grocery store, shopping and restaurants in Times Square, or anywhere else along Estero drive. And it's only a quarter each way. The rooms have a fully equipped kitchen that's sure to meet all your cooking needs (coffee pot and filters, blender, toaster, cork opener, you name it!). Very private but others on the beach and neighboring places were all very friendly. Offered a great experience on Fort Myers beach away from the snow and cold for a few days!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 405Andrea
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We spent four days here over the Christmas holiday and as soon as we got home, we booked the same room for next year. Clean, well furnished and a staff that is super friendly. Beach is beautiful and the movie theater across the street is a bonus. Loved it.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GinnB
Reviewed 21 December 2013

My wife and I (with our small Yorkie) really enjoyed our stay at Gulfview Manor. The ocean view with the fabulous white sand tipped off a great place to stay. The place was very clean and quiet and included a nice pool. The staff was very friendly and had everything in order. The place is older but updated. Even the crew that handled the cabana's was very nice. We will definitely return with friends and family some day. The only reservation about writing this review is, will one of our favorite spots be occupied when we want to return... You will enjoy!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I have been to FMB many times before, usually with my family, this time, there were just two of us, so we decided to stay somewhere new.
The location is perfect, still on the greatest stretch of the beach. Publix & 7 11 are close by. Rooms are updated & clean, there is an amazing view of the beach. We rented a cabana for $20/day which is well worth it. Everyone was very nice, the people in the office, Joe at 7 11, Tony at the cabanas (who daily said hello & gave us tips as to what was going on locally each night).
After reading some of the other reviews, I was a bit nervous about the "rules and noise", but knew I wasn't planning to be in the condo much anyway. The rules were simple, I completely understand the reason for each of them, where to smoke, how to not break the blinds, cooling guideline so it doesn't freeze up. As for the noise, I brought a Bluetooth speaker with me which I used the whole vacation, & was never told to turn it down. We brought our own beach towels, as I assumed the ones they would give us to use would be small and thin, they were not, they were the same sort of beach towels I buy myself, won't need to pack any next time.
The pool is nice, warm & gets sun in the afternoon, wish there was a hot tub, but still enjoyed ourselves.
I liked that there was no maid service, this is not a hotel, it's a condo. I don't mind cleaning up after myself, it's natural for me, would rather not have a maid in the room everyday.
Overall great place, and great price, I plan to return!
My restaurant recommendations: Flippers on the Bay, Nervous Nellies & Doc Ford's

Room Tip: I called directly and let them know I was looking for a beach front/beach view room, and my view was...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly U
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here last January and had a great vacation.
The grounds and units are kept spotless,thanks to an attentive
staff.Anyone who complains about the rules maybe should stay in
a place where the staff just doesn't care.Been to places like that before and never returned.
Ken does a great job that is why we will be returning in Jan 2014.

Room Tip: Try to get Gulfront unit view is fabulous
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed here last month for a week and can recommend it,good size bedroom although was a little dark with two lamps, would have liked a brighter light to search through my suitcase! Bed was comfortable and very clean, sitting room a good size with a settee and two leather seats, table and chairs and a TV. Kitchen was good, very large fridge and freezer above which we just used for ice. We ate out or used 7 11 for pizza etc. very handy for 7 11, Publix just down the road, no noise at night, lovely and quiet, overlooked beach so great for sunsets and glass of wine! used the trollee bus so we could have a few drinks before dinner which we tended to have mid to late afternoon, ample parking, excellent wifi, very quick and included in price, pool was warm and deep and chairs or sunloungers available - never crowded,staff very helpful and pleasant, lovely holiday and would used again.

Room Tip: This is an apartment rather than a hotel so bring your toiletries etc. toilet paper, soap and dish w...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple