“What a disappointment!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Myers Beach
Smuggler's Cove Condo
Chicago
“What a disappointment!”
Reviewed 9 May 2005

We just returned from staying a week at Smugglers Cove Condos in Fort Myers Beach. I had a bad feeling when I first called there to inquire about rates and availability for the week we were planning on staying on Fort Myers Beach. The woman was very short with me and acted like she didn't have time to answer any of my questions. My husband called the condo later that day and the woman was fine with him. I had asked about the size of the pool and was told it was "very large" - it was rather small in my opinion. It also says that it is a "heated pool" (which I saw they did have a heater), but they never used it. The pool temp was on average 75-78 degrees and it was 85 degrees outside. My 2 year old daughter's teeth were chattering from being in the pool. The pool was I guess the biggest disappointment to us especially since we have a small child and a lot of our time would be spent at the pool versus in the ocean. It is also only open from 9am until dusk (strictly enforced - they lock the gates going into the pool).

Also, the beach there was a disappointment as when we first arrived there was only 4 foot of beach before the water!! Not really any room for her to play and there wasn't any soft sand all hard packed. Our condo itself was pretty nice - we had inquired about when they had last renovated the condos and were told that only the condos on the 5th and 6th floors were newly renovated - so we were fortunate to request one of them. People on the other floors were not very happy with the condition of their condos.
My family will not be returning to the Smugglers Cove or to the Fort Myers Beach area - we prefer Siesta Key much better!

28 Thank lisa1515

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)