“A wonderful place to stay very close to sugar...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Rosemary3...
Ottawa, Canada
“A wonderful place to stay very close to sugar white beach at Fort Meyers Beach Florida”
Reviewed 6 February 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

I booked this apartment from Jan 8 to Feb 8 2018 based largely on the very positive reviews of the apt and the owner/manager, and the fact that it was labelled "pet friendly". I was planning to bring my small dogs with me on a holiday to the area, and decided to book this place. I couldn't have done better. This apartment is bright and clean, and located basically across the street from the beach (but you have to walk two short blocks to the :beach access lane", about 3 minutes walk from the apt). The owner, Wils Murphy, and her husband David, live in the main part of the unit (there are two apartments in this house, besides their unit) and it is a homey, comfortable place. They provide everything you might need for a perfect holiday, including laundry facilities, kitchen and bathroom essentials, beach chairs, bicycles, and all the expert advice and support you might need. There is a dishwasher, a pull out sofa bed for guests, WIFI and a lovely garden space with mango trees and bay leaf trees and orchids. There is an upper verandah to the apt I booked, with a plantation type feel with its expanse and beautiful plants such as orchids, lovingly tended to. Wils, the owner, stepped in whenever I needed advice on restaurants, on the WIFI, on local wildlife, and taught me incredible information on shelling and local attractions that might be of interest. I could not speak more highly of this place. It was exactly what I wanted, and more. She accepted me and my multiple small doggies as part of her "pet friendly' policy, and I made sure not to let her down. She informed me of local events that might be of interest, and she and David were there in an instant if I needed some help. If you want a warm environment with a super location near (but not directly on) the beach this is it. The beach has sugar white sand, lots of shells varying by the day, pelicans, egrets, and the most spectacular sunsets every night, that you ever set your eyes on. The apartment is about a 40 minute walk to Times Square, where the restaurants and entertainment is nightly, and there is a trolley that runs regularly for pennies, to get you there and avoid the parking hassles and cost of that area. The shops downtown are cute and tourist oriented, and there are grocery stores and liquor stores and ice cream shops within walking distance of the apartment. Further afield, in Fort Meyers, are flea markets, steam boats, and lots of artist events, and even an unforgettable manatee park that has to be the best bargain: free with the modest parking fee. You can try parasailing nearby, or watch dolphins and pelicans at the beach. Temperatures are pleasant. There is little I can say negative other than you have to leave this place eventually! Thanks so much, Wils and David, for you wonderful place, and your friendship and help while I was here. Here's to your continuing success!

Management Response
18 Feb 2018
Wow! Rosemary, what an awesome review of my little piece of paradise! Your stay here was a highlight for me as well because you were so interested in all the wonderful activities here, and it made me happy to see you having so much fun! Thank you for writing this review, and for being such a delightful guest.
Esther B
Waynesville, North Carolina, United States
“Relaxing and Comfortable.”
Reviewed 23 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Great Place, Nice Folks, Convenient to the Beach. These are titles to my book about my week at the beach. Chapter One. The apartment was clean and stocked with supplies such as coffee filters, Glad bags, etc. All I needed was food and cold drinks from the grocery store and let the vacation begin. I often found myself on the porch, enjoying the breeze from the gulf, and just watching the world go by. Chapter Two. The rental could not have gone any smoother. I used the Tripadvisor Flipkey service through the Tripadvisor website. I just received my deposit in full and, overall, it melded well into the excellent experience at the apartment. I love it when a vacation plan comes together! The End.

Sandy R
Cumming, Georgia
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed 8 June 2016 for a stay in April 2016

My husband, Fiffie (our Maltese) and I stayed in this cozy apartment enjoying the commodity of restaurants, markets and -above all- the beach within street crossing distance. Excellent walks during sunsets, friendly folks at the beach, not that many people, very relaxing and enjoyable!

Recommend highly!
Sandy

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beach, beach, beach access!
Liked least: Irregular pavement for taking walks....
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
birgit592
Vienna, Austria
“Perfect for our small family”
Reviewed 26 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We stayed in the "airy beach apartement" of Wils + David for 3 nights in April 2016. On our round trip through Florida we enjoyed a few days in Fort Myers and we loved it!

The apartement had exactly the correct size for me, my husband and our 5 years old daughter. It is decorated very beautiful, a lot of pictures and wooden labels with smart slogans like "enjoy beach and sun". Everything was very very clean and the apartement offered really EVERYTHING:

for the beach: beach towels, beach chairs, mats, umbrellas, ...
inside the apartement: kitchen roll, garbage bags, dish liquid, washing powder, soap, a lot of towels (very clean), fully equiped kitchen with everything you need like tin opener, ice bags, ....
We did not miss anything!

There is a Publix about 3 minutes drive with the car away. My husband brought us warm bread in the morning - it was like in heaven! :-)

Wils was so nice and friendly, she is really a very pleasant person. She helped us in any way, even when my husband got ill she called the doctors and asked for a quick appointement for him.

The beach is just 5 minutes walk away, it is just 2 streets + 1 block to the next beach exit. It is a beautiful, clean and not overcrowded beach, we had one of our best afternoons there!

What we enjoyed most:

What we did not like:
leaving!

If we ever visit Florida/Fort Myers again we will definitly come again!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: cleanliness of the apartement, friendlyness of Wils, David + their 2 dogs, quiet and safe neighborhood, steps to the beach.
Liked least: leaving!
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jen A
“Perfect for us (& our little dog)”
Reviewed 8 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed here for two weeks in November (around Thanksgiving 2015). The weather was great. The location was relaxing & comfortable. Wils, (the owner) is very friendly & kind (as are her two resident dogs, Sassy & Jazz). Wils is open, kind & had the desire to make our stay as pleasant as possible. When there were internet glitches, David, her husband was on it immediately. She had restaurant recommendations & ideas of things to do, without being too intrusive. She loves her "little piece of paradise" & gladly shares details we would have missed without her insight (like the wild orchids growing on trees & her amazing passion fruit vines). We loved the outdoor veranda, where we could sit outside & the proximity to the beach, a very short walk across the street. It was so nice to be able to take the dog to the beach with us, which we did nearly everyday. We also enjoyed evening strolls, through the quiet residential area, where this rental is located. We were able to walk to several restaurants, which was nice & we enjoyed the local farmers market a few blocks away. This is not a glitzy, flashy place. It is a relaxed, comfortable, safe, quiet & clean place, near the beach (& our pup gets to come with us too). Perfect for us

Zh B
Saltsburg, Pennsylvania
“Nice, but not on the beach!”
Reviewed 24 November 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

The ad and pictures led me to believe this property was on the beach. It is NOT. My plan was to have a place on the beach, so we could sit, watch, and listen to the Gulf. We are senior citizens, so the block long walk to the beach, wasn't what we wanted to do. The apartment was spacious, plus the owner was very nice. While the size of the apartment was spacious, the owner was very nice, the apartment is NOT a beach apartment. Thus, we were very disappointed.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked least: Apartment is NOT on the beach!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
3 Dec 2015
I am sorry you were not aware that the apartment was not on the beach. There is a map on the ad that shows that it is across the road from the beach, and the walk to the beach hasn't posed a problem for any of my guests. If you had expressed your disappointment when you were here, I would have happily tried to fine you another place to stay. You were here in April, and waited until November to post this, so I really don't know why it took you so long to voice your disappointment.
SeaDog195...
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Jefferson Starship, a comfortable beach retreat”
Reviewed 9 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

My wife and our sweet dog Buster had the pleasure of vacationing at Wils's cute apartment for 2 weeks. All we needed was our toothbrushes. Wils provided the rest . Even bicycles, beach chairs and beach mats were included. We are sun worshipers and were pleased that the beach was only a two minute walk from the apartment. Most mornings we took a brisk walk to Heavenly Biscuit for breakfast. Junkanoo on the beach just a block away has a great lunch menu and boasts a beautiful sunset every evening.
If you are looking for a posh resort, Jefferson Starship is not that place. Wils place is a loved, clean, retreat close to the beach, shopping and restaurants. We tried to book for 2016 but unfortunately it was already booked for January February and March.
Thank you Wils for making our vacation a memorable one. We hope to return soon!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Proximity to the beach. Friendly hosts.
Liked least: Close proximity to adjacent properties
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing