“Carlos Pointe Unit #612 was extremely clean and inviting, a great value on a great beach.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Myers Beach
Carlos Pointe Beach Club Condominiums
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 October 2010

If you plan on taking a family vacation with younger kids, unit #612 in Carlos Pointe is a perfect fit. It's located on the south end of the beach away from the pier, but the trolley can easily get you to the pier area for a night out without the hassles of driving. This unit offers you a great sunset view every night and the beach is perfect for letting your kids enjoy a day at the beach without getting crowded. We have been staying at Carlos Pointe for over 6 years now and we finally found a condo that feels like home, it's updated in every room and it's clean and fresh the minute you walk in. If you don't find this condo to your liking, I'll be surprised. Carlos Pointe has a fantastic grilling area located on the ground level at the same end of the building, so you can enjoy a cigar and a cocktail and meet your neighbors at the same time. Take a tip, book this unit, it's the best value in Carlos Pointe. They have everything you'll need for a great week on the beach.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank thunderlakeguy

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Erie, PA
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I just returned from Carlos Point. I stayed there last year with my youngest son and decided to go back this year with the entire family. We stayed in unit #523 this time because last time we met a family that stayed in this unit and it had an updated kitchen. I arrived with my 3 teenage sons, one of their girlfriends (21 years of age) and my husband. We arrived early and Diane (the owner) let us put our luggage in the condo and then let us leave. She seemed very nice.

The first night we were there, my son's girlfriend noticed a stain on the pull out couch and on a pillow. She just put additional sheets and pillowcases on it and never thought twice about it. The day after we left the condo, Diane accused us of having urine stains on the couch, the twin beds, and a pillow. She said the unit smelled like urine! Really? Here I thought my 15, 16 and 19 year olds were potty trained! She said both twin beds had to have their bedding replaced and the couch cleaned and charged me $150. My youngest son is a super neat freak and so am myself and my husband. My husband even swept the floors nearly every day since he didn't like sand on the floor. We are both clean freaks with a keen sense of smell and would have smelled anything that smelled like urine!! We both walked in the second bedroom many times and never smelled anything! I think Diane just wanted new bedding!

By the way, I did tell her we accidentally left a smelly seashell on the window ledge just outside the door. Oh, and she accused me of having 7 people in the unit - of which I have a plane receipt for 6.

Be carefull who you rent from!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank PAsunlover09
Colgate
Reviewed 4 May 2010

We originally rented this from Tommys Beach Rentals who sold it to James and Mary McKellar, managed by Lahaina Accommodations. Tommys did transfer all monies and contract to new owners. Lahaina is supposed to do a walk through but they NEVER did. Unit 236 was a rundown, dirty, neglected, condo, that should never be rented out, even the maintenance man told us that.. Master bathrm sink clogged and 2nd bathrm faucet wouldnt turn on in .Dishwasher door broken, slats and wands missing on blinds, patio door wouldn't open. scatter rugs filthy, garbage disposal didnt work. Lanai screens had numerous holes and rips plus the fan was so rusty, we were afraid to turn it on and missing the light fixture. Bathrm exhaust fans caked with dirt and dust I'm surprised they even worked. Wallpaper coming off the walls, alot of plaster and cracks in the wallsand ceiling. One of the windows when we arrived was making so much noise from the wind it sounded like a motorboat in the rm, we had to leave it open. No beachchairs.They were so many more problems with this unit I'm not listing them all but I did take pictures if anyone does want to see time before renting..
We tried contacting Lahaina when we arrived but the office was already closed. We went first thing Monday morning with a list , Richard was sitting at the front desk. We were told its not their responsibility, its Tommy's thats who the orginial contract was with. I also spoke with Vicki at one point on the phone and she said Tommys never sent monies to them. We argued, pleated, it was like hitting a brick wall. This is a long story about all this. Would I ever book anything through Lahaina Accommodations. NEVER!!!!!!! I have contacted Tommys Beach Rentals and let him know all the problems we had. He did contact the owner of Lahaina because his name should have never been brought up.. He is reinbursing me for the beach chairs. Apparently the new owners James and Mary McKellar are going to be gutting the whole place thats why nothing was done, no repairs.
Lahaina did send a maintenance man (Vinnie) over to take care of some of the problems. He did get the patio door on track, fixed the faucet , the window, unclogged the sink-that was disgusting what he pulled out of there. Replaced some of the slats. Some of the items were just unrepairable, needed repacement. This is the worst vacation I ever took and I'm still upset over this. Richard did say that if we had rented from them we would have gotten a different condo.
The cleaning service called on Thurs and wanted to know what time we were leaving on Sat, check out is time is 10:00. We did plan on leaving at 9am and I told them that. They arrived at 8am and knocked on the door, then the windows until we answered the door. They said we thought you left already.. This whole vacation was awful.
I have to mention one last thing. While sitting on the disgusting lanai, water come running down from Unit 336, I believe they were washing their carpet and throwing the water over the side. I was splashed a couple times with got knows what was in that water. I has to yell a couple times. "Hey, I'm sitting down here"!!! They finally stopped throwing over that side but proceeded to throw it over the backside.
Again this vacation was terrible and passing of the buck just went on and on till I got home and tired to take care of some it..

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
8 Thank babyoh3
Chicago
Reviewed 9 April 2010

We stayed a week in this beautiful condo last November, 2009. The views from the condo 412 at Carlos Pointe Beach Club were just gorgeous and so was the weather! Marcia Garland, equipped and furnished the condo so it had all the comforts of home. There were even extra beach chairs and umbrellas, on the lanai, to take down to the beach. We were able to walk to Lover's Key National Park where we rented kayaks for the day and had a blast. We were able to play beach volleyball, swim, and best of all watch the dolphins. The kitchen was fabulous when we wanted to eat in and there are gas grills by the pool. Everyday, we explored the the beach and found shells. The kids loved riding the trolley down to Times square which picked-up and dropped-off right in front of the Carlos Pointe Beach Club. We had just tons of stuff to do. Marcia, thanks so much for sharing your wonderful condo. We are already thinking of next year. Thank again,
Kathy and Jeff O.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 2 April 2010

We stayed at Carlos Pointe, Condo 511 the week before Easter 2010. The owner was great giving us info and checking in on us when we got there. Overall it was a decent condo. Nice deck, with a great beach view. We had chairs and umbrellas and a fishing pole at our disposal. Bring your own beach towels, there are only bath towels provided. The beds were pretty good, bedspreads looked pretty old. The Kitchen has granite countertops. Some of the tile has been redone in the unit. Both bathrooms looked pretty nice. Each bedroom has a tv mounted to the wall. We had a couple of problems with the wireless internet, but found that when we unplugged the modem and restarted it, it worked. Now for the rest of it.......The rest of the unit needs some work. Baseboards are old and beat up. Walls are stained and worn. The windows in the outside bedroom and kitchen had locks that did not lock. We had to find a piece of wood to put in them, so they couldn't be opened. Plus they are a little dingy. I'm guessing they take a beating with the sun and the wind and the sand.

As for Fort Myers Beach, our end was pretty quiet, except for the noisy kids in the small pool. I have never heard a bunch of louder kids for a weeks vacation. Screaming nonstop all day long. They have a bunch of rules posted at the pool, but no one follows them. I guess parents do understand that not everyone enjoys hearing their kid scream all day Plus, the teenage gilrs run down at 9am and throw towels on all the chairs to reserve them, then don't show up again down there until 10:30 or 11. Luckily the beach was huge, so we went there most days.

The beach trolley is a joke. They say it comes by every 15 or 20 minutes. That is simply not true. We waited for 45 minutes at least three times. Don't even think about going by the schedule that they print out. Yeah, it's only 50 cents per person, but you have to pretty much go out to the trolley stop, which is in front of Carlos Pointe, and keep your fingers crossed. We probably wasted about 8 hours the whole week waiting for a trolley. Wish we had rented a car. We're not really into spending our family vacation on a metal bench while everyone else drives by staring at you like you're an idiot.

The Times Square area on the north end of the beach is ok. A bunch of t-shirt shops and some restaurants. Nothing special. Closer to Carlos Pointe is Santini Plaza, which is a mile down the road. They have a couple of restaurants, a Subway, a 7-11, a CVS. Another mile down the road is the Publix Grocery Store.

Overall, if you're into a week of just relaxing and getting away from everything and doing nothing, this is the place for you.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank greenmanalishi
FL
Reviewed 6 February 2010

My folks rented a "Luxury Corner Condo" from Tommy's Beach Rentals and were extremely disappointed. The unit had an odor and bugs. My folks had to get bug spray and spray it themselves. The TV was the smallest flatscreen I have seen made and was in the Living Room. Huge glass coffee table with sharp corners knicked everyones shins. Oven door had blue painters tape holding the handle together. Kitchen has a granite top bar but the main area needs serious work. The private "Cabana" is a storage garage on the beach side. When we finally got it open we nearly died with the smell of dead sea creatures! It was filthy. Owners were contacted but did not respond. They did keep my folks deposit and blamed the smell on them as they smoked on the dirty lanai. The location is not bad but not within walking distance to much of anything. You have to have a key to get to the elevator which means anyone coming to visit has to be met at the ground floor. No grilling area on the North side of the complex.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank beachwatcherFl
Normandoorman, owner at Carlos Pointe Beach Club Condominiums, responded to this review, 11 February 2010
This person was not our tennet
She is a guest of the tennet who rented from us.
What she failed to mention is why we with held
the tennet's deposit.
This is a strickly non smoking condo. After the tennets
departure the cleaning crew informed me there was
a very strong smoking smell in the condo.
We hired a professional to assist us in an emergency deorderizing of the condo. The new tennets that arrived that day could still smell the smoke and we lost them and lost rental income.
There was no complaints or comments from the
tennets in this matter. The guest of the tennets
had no complaints or comments til after they were
notified we were charging them for the deorderizing.
We have been accomadating vacationers for over
15 years, This is the first time we had someone
smoke in our condo.

Tommy
Owner/manager
Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 November 2009

We stayed in condo #532. Gail, the owner was very helpful answering my questions when I originally booked the condo. We were very happy with the condition of the condo. We loved the way it was decorated, very tropical! Yes, this is the quiet end of the island, but with the trolley right out front to take us to the North side for shopping and dining, I was very glad we chose this area. The beach is huge, almost too big, LOL! We found lot's of shells, sand dollars, etc. We watched the dolphins almost every morning, even saw a manatee! Hopefully we will be able to do this again next year!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family