We stayed at the Pink Shell Beach Resort over the 2010 Memorial Day weekend and my wife and I had an excellent stay. This resort is great for both families and couples. The resort is very family oriented, with a host of activities to keep kids happy. We really enjoyed the Crabtona 500 where the kids picked out their favorite hermit crabs, which were numbered and placed on a circular table. The first 6 crabs to reach the outer ring of the table earned the child that selected the crab an ice cream sundae. There were a lot of other activities as well for kids.
There are 4 pools at the resort, so there is plenty of room for everyone to swim, not to mention the Pink Shell is on a beautiful strip of Fort Myers Beach. The main pool has a lot of action as there are kids and adults at either ends of the lagoon shaped pool. There is a large pool, beachfront at one of the other buildings, and is more adult oriented and quiet. So whatever you choose....it's there.
The food was great as well - the restaurant at the pool served some very good food, including an excellent Caribbean Jerk Chicken sandwich. For breakfast, we ate at the buffet, and again everything here was very good. On our trip, we were given 2 buffet tickets for each of our 3 days at the resort.
The room we stayed in was very nice, comfortable, and very clean. We had a small kitchenette that we did not use except for coffee. If you wanted to prepare or keep any food, everything was there for you. The room had a nice tv and free internet service.
The staff at the resort was also very friendly and helpful. Everyone was very nice and polite, and it was nice talking to some of the employees as they were from various countries around the world.
On this trip it was my wife and myself, and we really enjoyed everything about the Pink Shell. You are just a short walk to the Times Square area of Fort Myers as well as many restaurants within walking distance. If you have transportation, there are many additional restaurants within easy driving distance. You didn't have to leave the Pink Shell if you didn't want to, restaurants on property, a store on property selling everything from towels, to floats, to sunscreen. They have a fitness center and a spa, which we did not get to use. On the beach, there is a watersports company renting out various equipment like Seadoos, chairs, umbrellas, and Hobies.
In a nutshell, this resort is set up to provide you a relaxing vacation. We are already looking at making a return trip to Fort Myers Beach and the Pink Shell Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a Top Florida Resort, Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina was voted the #2 resort on the Gulf coast of Florida by Conde Nast Traveler. Book on our website and you get more than a great room or suite at our beachfront resort. Every time you reserve and stay with us, and with every hotel deal we offer, you receive two breakfasts each day, two drinks, two in-suite bottles of Voss water, a Pink Shell Resort beach bag, and daily beach lounge chair and umbrella rental. The only thing we overlook is the beach! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Pink Shell Beach Resort And Marina
- Pink Shell Beach Hotel
- Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina Fort Myers Beach, Florida