“Better here than home!!”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Crystal Lake, United States
“Better here than home!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

this was our first time in Ft. Myers, we stayed at the Best Western, it was great. the hotel was clean and the people made you feel at home. the cleaning staff was great, rooms were clean every day. they put on a good breakfast spread. Another plus all the rooms face the ocean, our room had a great view seen dolphins surface every morning from our balcony. I would recommend staying here, we will be going back next January.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

3 Thank Rene L
Tim M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Beach Resort, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Great to here you are coming back. We do our best to keep it clean and up to date, we hope your next visit will be better than the last.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

The staff is amazing! The location is great and the view is awesome! As much as I love palm trees, they do block the view a little though. The breakfast was always fresh and hot and lots to choose from. We will be back for sure!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
That is our goal, customer service, and a clean room with all the extras with no charge. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

We'd been in cold weather for a while, and decided to head south. We found the Best Western Plus and boy, were we glad we did! It's right on the sand, has plenty of free parking, a decent breakfast and most importantly for us, we didn't move the car once we arrived. There are lots of places to eat within walking distance, and the beach is wonderful for shell collecting or just walking and watching the sunset. This isn't super fancy, but it's a great hotel with wonderful staff and a perfect location for loafing.

Room Tip: The rooms by the pool should be avoided-there is no balcony and it's pretty noisy. Ask for some...
2 Thank ShoroTraveler
Yes, it is very relaxing here and I love the fact that our guest don't need a car, makes the trip even more affordable. Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review.
Marblehead, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Excellent location. Great access. Great view...upper floors are slightly better for this. Nice Breakfast included. Newspaper included. Easy parking. Helpful staff. A little pricey. Comfortable bed. Good pool. Efficient maid service. And a beautiful beach to enjoy. Easy check in and check out. Very enjoyable experience overall.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review. We hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I stopped to visit a friend in town as part of my "Get out of Indiana" tour during the snowstorms of January 2014. I had planned on staying two days at Fort Myers Beach to get some sun and warmth before heading back north. I had left Key West that morning and had a been on a long drive all day site seeing. Due to a nice Florida storm that had settled on southern Florida that day, I was ready to set up for the evening and dry out. I do prefer to stay in Best Western accommodations if I can. So I stopped here. The facility was magnificent as I drove onto the property. I knew that it was going to be an upper end rate for my stay. I do have the money income that let's me spend more for nicer lodging if I choose. However, I rarely choose to do that, since I really don't see the point of it as normally I am asleep. But, it was a cold and wet day and at this time, I did not want to take the time to shop around. I will start off by saying, "Wow!" The staff was clothed in very professional uniforms. I usually joke around with people because I'm pretty much from that part of the country where no one needs to be a stranger or uptight. The clerk was very approachable and pleasant. And even though he did smile and chuckle a bit, he never broke from a professional level and maintained a business personality. I was very impressed. He did ask me if I preferred ground level but also informed me that the room's view was not the ocean, but into the side of the above ground pool. So I chose the room on the second floor. Again, better customer focus than normally found. I would like to describe the room, but I won't do it justice. It was total perfection. From a roomy balcony with a great view, to the very modern fixtures and granite counter tops. Here's the catch with me though. I don't like to purchase a mortgage to stay the night. I would love to stay in that room for a week or a month. But, they were more proud and in love with the room more than I. It was nice, but not as nice as the rate that I was given. Again, for one night, not a huge issue, though I slept through what I paid for. That's the problem I have with spending that much on a place to sleep. This is the only reason I gave it a lower score of 4. If it was even $50 cheaper for the night, I would have given it a 10! If you are finacially blessed enough...it is the best accommodations I can remember staying at. Please stop and stay if you can.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jess S
Wow, thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.
Amherst, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Very welcoming staff on check in and check out....nice clean room with everything we needed. Their breakfast was one of the best we have had in years....hot biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, and link sausage that added to the fresh fruit, yogurt breads, and hot and cold cereals. Full breakfast beverage line...... Thanks for a wonderful experience! So close to all the shops and restaurants too.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Di M
Thank you, I guess we did our job well. We hope to see you soon.
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I've stayed at many different properties, chains, locations and the like and must say that I would rate this property an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10 for cleaniness, maintenance and value. Walk out the back of the lobby and your on the beach in just a few steps. Great location only a short walk to the downtown area, on the quite end of Estero Blvd. Breakfast was well stocked and again very clean and well presented. the staff was friendly and room decor/layout excellent. We met several couples that returned to this property 10, 15 even 25 consecutive years! That tells me something. Overall, I was impressed with my first experience in Fort Myers Beach, punctuated by the very good value at this BW. Kudos to this management team.

2 Thank Patrick M
Tim M, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Beach Resort, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you so much for such a great review. We try to start out with great friendly guest service, a clean room with everything in working order and everything else from there is easy. I will forward this to our staff and this truly means a great deal to us. This is one of the best reviews we have ever received.