“Wonderful place.”

Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wonderful place.”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Family enjoyed the Best Western Plus Beach Resort at Fort Myers, Florida. Beautiful beach and greenery at hotel made it a beautiful oasis right on beach. Wonderful staff and beautiful setting for all ages. Children enjoyed the direct access to beach and close walking to shops and restaurants. Lots of acitivities to choose from.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tim M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Beach Resort, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
We are happy you and your family enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 8 February 2014

It's the best spot on the beach north of the pier. The pool was beautiful and the perfect temperature. The lounging areas between the resort and the beach were quite nice. We loved the private chairs that were put out on the beach every morning. The room was bright, clean, and very comfortable. My girlfriend and I would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: Had a room over the pool, the view was beautiful.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Yes, we would love to have you come back and see us. Thank you for the great review and we hope you can make it down soon.
Crystal Lake, United States
Reviewed 6 February 2014

this was our first time in Ft. Myers, we stayed at the Best Western, it was great. the hotel was clean and the people made you feel at home. the cleaning staff was great, rooms were clean every day. they put on a good breakfast spread. Another plus all the rooms face the ocean, our room had a great view seen dolphins surface every morning from our balcony. I would recommend staying here, we will be going back next January.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

3 Thank Rene L
Great to here you are coming back. We do our best to keep it clean and up to date, we hope your next visit will be better than the last.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 February 2014

The staff is amazing! The location is great and the view is awesome! As much as I love palm trees, they do block the view a little though. The breakfast was always fresh and hot and lots to choose from. We will be back for sure!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
That is our goal, customer service, and a clean room with all the extras with no charge. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We'd been in cold weather for a while, and decided to head south. We found the Best Western Plus and boy, were we glad we did! It's right on the sand, has plenty of free parking, a decent breakfast and most importantly for us, we didn't move the car once we arrived. There are lots of places to eat within walking distance, and the beach is wonderful for shell collecting or just walking and watching the sunset. This isn't super fancy, but it's a great hotel with wonderful staff and a perfect location for loafing.

Room Tip: The rooms by the pool should be avoided-there is no balcony and it's pretty noisy. Ask for some...
2 Thank ShoroTraveler
Yes, it is very relaxing here and I love the fact that our guest don't need a car, makes the trip even more affordable. Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review.
Marblehead, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Excellent location. Great access. Great view...upper floors are slightly better for this. Nice Breakfast included. Newspaper included. Easy parking. Helpful staff. A little pricey. Comfortable bed. Good pool. Efficient maid service. And a beautiful beach to enjoy. Easy check in and check out. Very enjoyable experience overall.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I stopped to visit a friend in town as part of my "Get out of Indiana" tour during the snowstorms of January 2014. I had planned on staying two days at Fort Myers Beach to get some sun and warmth before heading back north. I had left Key West that morning and had a been on a long drive all day site seeing. Due to a nice Florida storm that had settled on southern Florida that day, I was ready to set up for the evening and dry out. I do prefer to stay in Best Western accommodations if I can. So I stopped here. The facility was magnificent as I drove onto the property. I knew that it was going to be an upper end rate for my stay. I do have the money income that let's me spend more for nicer lodging if I choose. However, I rarely choose to do that, since I really don't see the point of it as normally I am asleep. But, it was a cold and wet day and at this time, I did not want to take the time to shop around. I will start off by saying, "Wow!" The staff was clothed in very professional uniforms. I usually joke around with people because I'm pretty much from that part of the country where no one needs to be a stranger or uptight. The clerk was very approachable and pleasant. And even though he did smile and chuckle a bit, he never broke from a professional level and maintained a business personality. I was very impressed. He did ask me if I preferred ground level but also informed me that the room's view was not the ocean, but into the side of the above ground pool. So I chose the room on the second floor. Again, better customer focus than normally found. I would like to describe the room, but I won't do it justice. It was total perfection. From a roomy balcony with a great view, to the very modern fixtures and granite counter tops. Here's the catch with me though. I don't like to purchase a mortgage to stay the night. I would love to stay in that room for a week or a month. But, they were more proud and in love with the room more than I. It was nice, but not as nice as the rate that I was given. Again, for one night, not a huge issue, though I slept through what I paid for. That's the problem I have with spending that much on a place to sleep. This is the only reason I gave it a lower score of 4. If it was even $50 cheaper for the night, I would have given it a 10! If you are finacially blessed enough...it is the best accommodations I can remember staying at. Please stop and stay if you can.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jess S
Wow, thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.