The room was incredible with walkout balconies for both main bedroom and guestroom. You could see the beach and the pool of the hotel next to us. The screened in porches took away from a perfect view but you could still see well enough. The walk from the hotel to the ocean takes about 3 minutes which made it a little more challenging to see the 'goings on' at the beach. Bring binoculars to watch the dolphins go by twice a day.
Once you are at the beach, the dolphins are maybe 100 feet from shore. My son and I had a dolphin come within in 7 feet of us while we were wading. The water was very clear which helped us to find buried shells including conch shells. There were thousands of sand dollars too. So much wildiife where we stayed, osprey, pelicans diving for fish, seagulls and a large variety of other birds. Birds were not a bother at all but nice to see them fly around.
Very quiet where the hotel is. Not a lot of restaurants near there but you can find some within driving distance. The pool and surrounding area was very nice. No restaurants at hotel plus no room service which is why I didn't give the high marks as everyone else has. Definitely not a 5-star resort. It does have the spa and a very small workout room. The landscaping was very nice. Small lobby. They do provide morning coffee which is not really great quality at all plus they don't put it out until 8:30am. Go to Publix for your breakfast and lunch needs. The food at the two restaurants close by were very pricey and of low quality. There is a Holiday Inn with a restaurant but the food is of low quality for the price you pay. Better deals closer to the pier plus shops.
We used our rental car to get around but there is a trolley. Not sure how timely it is. On the beach, you could rent sea-dos or a sail boat for $65/half hour or $99/hour, although the seado does sit up to 3 people. They also had parasailing. There were cabanas and chairs with umbrellas to rent. Chair and umbrella was $25/day or if after 1:30pm $15/day. You could also just rent the umbrella. Not sure how much the cabanas were but they weren't too close to the beach.
But overall I had a great time. Was not too concerned that there was not a restaurant at the hotel. I would definitely go back there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A casual beach resort featuring 60 condominium suites, located directly alongside the sun-drenched Gulf of Mexico. Featuring 1- & 2-bedroom suites with complete home amenities, including in-room laundry and a full kitchen. Perfect for the whole family and large groups. Enjoy the pool, jacuzzi, tennis court, fitness room, barbecue grilling patio, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Pointe Estero Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pointe Estero Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Pointe Estero Hotel
- Hotel Pointe Estero
- Pointe Estero Beach Resort Fort Myers Beach, Florida