First, can I just address a lot of the negative reviews about this place? If you read them, the reviewers liked the Diamondhead, but didn’t like Fort Meyers. Well, if you wanted Naples but were too cheap to pay for it, don’t complain about it. Fort Meyers and Naples are two distinct places and if you didn’t know Fort Meyers is a little more of a down and dirty party beach, that’s your problem, not the Diamondhead’s.
Second, as far as this hotel, it was a very nice place to stay. Right on Fort Meyers Beach and in easy walking distance to bars and places to eat. Of course, you can also walk to the touristy t-shirt shops and what-not that abound in this area. Rooms were extremely spacious suites, with a large living area with fridge, microwave, etc. There was a clean bathroom and a large bedroom with its own separate TV. The huge screened-in balcony, which was accessible from both the bedroom and living room, was equipped with two sun chairs and a table with four additional seats and makes for a great place to hang out.
The staff was very friendly and note that they do allow for a complimentary late checkout, if your room is available. You have to call the morning of, to see if they need the room sooner. You also have the option of paying $50 and staying until 4 pm the day of checkout. Something to take advatage of if you want one last trip to the beach before its time to go home!
Note, we were there in January 08 and the beach had a lot of seaweed, so I am not sure if this is an isolated problem or not. Not really swimming weather when we were there, so it didn’t matter, but would be a problem if you intended to take a dip. I’d stick to the pool!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DiamondHead Beach Resort is a landmark beach resort in the entertainment district of Fort Myers Beach, featuring spacious 1-bedroom suites, Cabañas Beach Bar & Grille, Chloës Seafood & Steaks, spa services, beachfront pool, guest bicycles, fitness centers, and endless recreation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your DiamondHead Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamondhead Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Diamondhead Resort In Fort Myers Fl
- Diamond Head Beach Resort
- DiamondHead Beach Resort Fort Myers Beach, Florida