“Three days turned into six days.”

DiamondHead Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We were only going to stay here for 3 days but found the resort to be very comfortable, stayed for 6 instead. Rooms were somewhat dated but clean and comfortable. The first three nights our room faced the Gulf and was noisy from the air conditioning unit just below the balcony. They did manage to switch our room on the third night to Poolside with a Gulfview for an additional cost but it was worth it. Very friendly staff and very accommodating. Close to beach, Timesquare and many restaurants are just a short walk, or Trolley ride. Pool was great it was cooler the days we stayed so worthwhile having a nice pool area. Food was good but I'm a coffee drinking and it wasn't the greatest. We did have a coffee maker in the room so that helped we'd just made our own.
I'd recommend this resort and may stay again if we go back to Ft Meyers Beach.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terrie1958
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Terrie1958,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm pleased to hear you had a great time and decided to extend your stay. Our staff loves to give our guests the best possible experience. Your happiness is our number one priority. I'm glad you enjoyed your second room better, we do have newly renovated rooms available as well. Thank you again, we do look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Was for a meeting in Naples and stayed in Fort Myers.
Hotel room was excellent, very big, nice view, very clean and renovated.
The hotel itself a little bit old fashioned. Outside Spa not working and they charged a Resort fee!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Daniel R
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Daniel R,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your spacious suite and the stunning Gulf views. We strive to give each guest a memorable experience and I'm glad we could do that for you. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Second time that I have stayed here. Whole bunch of amenities in the room, great view from the balcony. Was there as an attendant at a seminar, food and hospitality was excellent. Very friendly staff. Will definitely be back next year. By the way, ordered pizza from restaurant downstairs, was awesome!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank rmoore615
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear rmoore615,
Thank you very much for staying with us. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your room and our delicious pizza! I will pass along your kind words to our staff, they really do strive to give each guest a special experience. I'm glad they could do that for you. Thank you again and hopefully next time you stay with us it will be for relaxation instead of work.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I traveled alone just to regroup and relax and my choice of hotels was perfect! I loved the view that overlooked the pool/gulf from my expansive 12th floor veranda. The room was extremely clean and contained several amenities, such as micro, fridge, toaster, coffee pot and yes even a dishwasher! The entire hotel staff were very accommodating and the beach was merely minutes from my room. There are many little shops as well as moped and bike rentals. I enjoyed a beach bike along the waters edge one afternoon and purchased several items from the cute little shops. I can't say enough about my stay here at the Diamond Head Hotel, it was exactly what I needed to rejuvenate my soul!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Chris P
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Chris P,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm pleased to hear you received the relaxation and escape you were looking for. Our entire staff strives to give each guest a special experience and I'm glad we could give that to you. It sounds like you were able to soak in the island atmosphere that Fort Myers Beach is known for. Thank you again and please do come back and see us next time you are looking for a beach escape.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We rented two suites on the 4th floor, 3 people in each. Facilities were nice and clean and had all the comforts of home. Great water pressure and hot water for showers. My daughter slept on the pull out sleeper... 5 " memory foam and it was very comfortable. The balcony was great... wide enough for a table with four chairs and long enough for the table plus two lounge chairs. They opened the door between the two balconies so we could easily go between rooms. The only thing lacking was a desk, but you could use the bar section of the kitchen. It would have been nice if they had a small desk in the bedroom instead of one of the end tables, since we had to get in some work. Also, an outlet strip would have been nice both in the bedroom and the sofa area. The beach was wonderful... can't beat the fine, white sand! The place is 0.5 miles to the pier, so an easy walk. If only the weather had cooperated!

Room Tip: pool/gulf view or beach front are best.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank DonnaRA_13
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear DonnaRA_13,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed your two connecting suites and their large balconies. There's nothing like relaxing and watching the waves roll ashore. Thank you for making the suggestion of adding a desk to our rooms, I will look into that. Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you back real soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here for NYE and were pleasantly surprised. The exterior of the building is bleh, but most are on the beach. Deal with it. The interior has recently been refurbished and there is a spa and restaurant on site. We didn't use either of those services. They have a cute beach bar, medium sized pool, and two hot tubs. You are within a short walk to downtown Ft Myers beach and there are several small stores nearby.

This place isn't a five star resort by any means, but it was definitely clean, modern, and the staff were pleasant.

The whole timeshare thing was obvious, but we were never approached aside from a flyer that came with the welcome packet.

Room Tip: Pick a gulf view. Worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear BladeLivingston,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our central location and Cabanas Beach Bar. Giving our guests the best possible experience is what we love to do. I'm pleased that our staff could give you that great experience. Thank you again and we hope to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

My friend and I loved our after Christmas getaway at DiamondHead. The staff is so friendly and accommodates any request with a smile. We were on the 12th floor where we enjoyed the beautiful sunsets from our screened in beachfront balcony while having a glass of wine. Just heavenly. If you don't want to go anywhere, you have everything right there; the beach, fine dining, pool, etc. We ventured out most nights to enjoy great dining, shopping and entertainment all within comfortable walking distance. New Years Eve was a special treat. We spent it on the beach watching fireworks being let off everywhere and the ultimate big show at midnight from the pier. We will definitely return to DiamondHead!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Julie I,
Thank you very much for choosing to spend your post Christmas vacation with us. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed the view from your balcony and our onsite dining options. Our location is a big benefit to our guests, we are within easy walking distance to the town hub, but far enough away for peaceful relaxation. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the New Year's Eve fireworks, you came during a great time of year. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.