“lovely relaxing experience ,staff do great job”

DiamondHead Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
“lovely relaxing experience ,staff do great job”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

we stayed from fri to monday ...really nice room, view of sunrise from our balcony.....pool area very relaxing ,family friendly ,right on the beach ....we just wanted to relax for couple days get some sun. it worked out perfect.....one thing having a car in this area not recommended traffic crawls all the time ......only one main street

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank laimhin
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Laimhin,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your suite, the view, and were able to soak in the warm southwest Florida sun like you wanted. Yes, it's high season right now and traffic can be slow. We are located close to all the great restaurants and entertainment on Fort Myers Beach though, so a short 10-minute walk puts you in the middle of the Times Square area. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Neil Hopgood - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

We've stayed here enough times and feel very comfortable here. The staff is extremely friendly and there is always a nice surprise at the renovations from the previous visit. Units are always clean and well maintained. It's the perfect distance from the pier. It's within walking distance but yet is far enough away from all of the noise. There are 2 restaurants, a spa, small gym, and of course, a swimming pool! Access to the beach is very convenient and water sport rentals are right here. There are daily activities such as volleyball, bingo, and other games at the pool. There is a DJ on the weekends by the pool too.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CathyLuvsVacations
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear CathyLuvsVacations,
Thank you for staying with us again at DiamondHead Beach Resort. Nothing makes us happier than being able to exceed you expectations stay after stay. Your continued happiness is our number one goal. We really do try to make all our guests feel as if they're at their home away from home, only on the beach! Thank you again and we are already looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The best rooms, location and hotel. Would recommend to anyone. Loved it that much going back this year. Perfect part of the beach and close to all the restaurants etc. The balcony and views from The room were stunning.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank sarah_sadler18
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Sarah_Sadler18,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort and Spa. Location, food, views, and spacious rooms--these are just a few of the reason why guests like you keep coming back. We strive to give each guest a fantastic Fort Myers Beach vacation, one they will remember for a long long time. I'm excited we could do that for you, nothing makes us more happy. Thank you again, we are looking forward to seeing you back later this year!

Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I found Diamondhead Beach Resort right here on Tripadvisor (this site hasn't been wrong yet!) and based on the amazing reviews, I decided to book a Friday-Tuesday stay for me and my husband and two girls. It wasn't cheap but seemed more affordable than some of the properties on Sanibel and I liked how clean and new the resort looked. Well, let me tell you, it did not disappoint! Let me also say that I am a hotel snob. Not that I stay in really high end hotels all the time, but I do travel for work and pleasure and pay attention to things most travelers probably don't. I am an interior designer and a bit of a clean freak so this kind of stuff matters to me! Well, Diamondhead Beach Resort was clean and fresh and new and exceeded our expectations!

Upon arriving, the bellhop (didn't get his name- older gentleman with a southern accent) was very kind and helpful and he greeted us personally each time we came back to the resort from our excursions. We loved his friendly and non-pushy demeanor. The room was such a wonderful surprise- we had an updated 'gulf island view' basic suite and when I booked it, I feared we would be looking out onto a parking lot but we had a lovely view of the beach and ocean beyond. The porch is screened and well furnished with a table and chairs and lounge chairs. I don't think there is a room with a bad view in this hotel! (We were on the fifth floor and we did notice the air-conditioning units below our room were very loud but we were so enamored with everything else, we didn't even care! If you book a gulf island view room, ask for one as high as possible to ward off the noise) The furnishings were nice and the finishes were upgraded, but I would expect better bedding in a hotel of this caliber. (See? There is the hotel snob in me!) I like really cotton rich sheets and a duvet/feather pillow bed but I know that isn't everyone's bag. I also realize this property is in FL so a duvet may not be needed! :) The bed and even the pull out sofa was very comfortable. Our pocket door between the bathroom and bedroom didn't work properly which was sort of a pain but it wasn't a big deal. Anyway, the room was very clean and we were so happy to have the fridge/cooktop/microwave and dishwasher. The kitchen is very sparsely furnished with utensils/serveware so if you plan to have wine or friends over to your room for drinks, do plan ahead and bring more drinkware. I would have liked a freezer too but the fridge worked fine for our needs. The kitchen was stocked enough that we could make eggs each morning, which was a nice way to save some time and money.

Now on to the beach and the service. First, the beach is the best I have ever seen in my life. The silky soft white sand is freshly raked each morning and the beach is so clean and well tended. We brought our own chairs and umbrellas but you can rent them there if you need. Be aware this time of year, the $26.50 fee for two chairs and an umbrella is only good until 5 pm so if you plan on watching the sunset, be prepared with a plan B! (If you have the ability, buy some cheap chairs at Publix and leave them behind when you go- you will have saved money that way). We did a dolphin tour with Holiday Watersports right outside the resort and it was fun (that is another review for another time!!!) and every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. The pool, although not huge, was completely clean and warm and the kids had a blast in it. Getting towels/lounge chairs was not a problem. We did have lunch from the cafe there by the pool and it was okay, not gourmet but it hit the spot. The drinks were reasonably priced. I get the impression that down by the main drag, Fort Myers Beach can get a bit rough (there are some hotels just down the beach that attract a lot of partiers) and we did witness some kids fighting on the beach outside Diamondhead but the patrons around broke it up quickly and they dispersed. That makes it sound like a bad area, but trust me, that was isolated and the resort was very quiet and mainly filled with adults and families.

Anyway, we had a lovely time and really were so happy with this property. We will definitely be back- this was one of the best trips we have ever taken.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high as possible if you book Gulf Island View- that way you will be further away f...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank pollylou2
Dear Pollylou2,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us, I'm glad TripAdvisor pointed you in our direction! Also, thank you for taking the time to give us such a great, and detailed review. Nothing makes us more happy than giving our guests a truly special experience, or even one of the best trips you've ever taken! Hearing praise like that really warms our heart and let's us know we are doing a good job at giving our guests a great vacation. We want our guests to feel more like family and friends than just a room number, our staff strives to make everyone feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible. Thank you again for staying with us and we are looking forward to serving you again soon.

Coal Valley, Illinois
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This was our third year staying at the DiamondHead and we will be back again next year. The first year it was just my husband and I, last year we were joined by another couple and this year we were a party of four couples. We love the DiamondHead. Great location, just far enough away from the town square it's quiet yet restaurants, bar and grills and shopping are still within walking distance. Very comfortable rooms, love the king size beds, I would like to see ceiling fans in the bedrooms. Screened in balconies allowed us to leave the sliding glass doors open to enjoy the fresh air and sounds of the gulf. We shared an adjoining balcony with our friends next door that was a definite plus! All three years we have been fortunate enough to get rooms on the pool side of the hotel. One of the couples traveling with us were on the "north side", which was ok but looked down on the roof of the hotel next door, pool side is much prettier. Booking early can save on the rates, we booked in November for our stay in February and were able to lock in pretty good rates compared to booking last minute. The staff was very courteous and helpful. We had breakfast at the resort everyday, the food was good, reasonably priced and except for one day the service was good. (The first morning we stayed the service as a little slow but we sat outside and enjoyed the sun so it wasn't so bad) Ordered room service twice, no complaints. Our overall experiences at the DiamondHead have been very good. We will definitely go back again next year and it sounds like two of the other three couples will be joining us again.

1 Thank Linda B
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Linda B,
Thank you very much for staying with us for a third straight year. I'm pleased to hear you and the other couples you traveled with enjoyed the suites, the Gulf views, and our location that's close to the Times Square but far enough for quiet seclusion. We work hard to exceed expectations and give each guest a special and memorable experience. I'm also happy to hear you enjoyed your dining experiences with us, our chefs really do an amazing job with the menu. Thank you again and we are already looking forward to seeing you and your friends again next year!

Harwich Port, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Two years ago we visited DiamondHead on Fort Myers Beach and we loved it. This was our second visit and if anything we liked it even more. We really appreciated that the hotel granted our request to have a 12th floor room. We loved the view. The 'rooms' are really spacious mini-apartments with living area, kitchenette, screened porch and bedroom. The hotel is small in a sense (124 suites) and has a family feel, yet it also has many of the amenities of a larger resort - beachfront, nice pool, great poolside service, live music, newly expanded Cabana beach bar (good food), room service, spa, restaurant, etc. We really felt relaxed here. The location can't be beat, a 10-15 minute walk by road or by beach into town with all its shops and restaurants. You never have to use your car. We will return to DiamondHead and highly recommend it to others.

1 Thank Eric G
Dear Gor101,
Thank you very much for staying with us again. I'm pleased to hear you had an even better experience on your second visit, nothing makes us happier than exceeding expectations stay after stay. Our staff does a great job of anticipating the needs of our guests and making each stay a special experience. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Jordan, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My wife and myself stayed at Diamondhead 2-8 to 2-14-2014.
This is our 4th visit to the Hotel. We enjoy the closeness to all the "Action".
Just a couple of my thoughts:
Very Nice Hotel, Clean, no spring breakers. very peaceful.
Get's kinda spendy, but I guess what you pay for, my per night (+ tax) ran 389 to 420/night!
I ordred a pizza one night for $12.99 from room service, they add $2.00 delivery chg and 20% tip on the bill. too bad, cause I would have given the person delivering the pizza $5.00 tip. She lost out.. I DO NOT APPRECIATE ADDING THE 20% TIP ON THE BILL!!!.
Another thing is the silly "bed tax" the city puts on the tab. Local paper says they take in $4,300,00.00 yr. on that tax alone!! AT LEAST THEY COULD IMPROVE THE SIDEWALKS ON THE DIAMONDHEAD SIDE OF THE STREET, We ahd to go out into the traffic lane in order to go around a mud puddle after a rain.
I will go back, but I think I'll have to cut down on the amount of days, because of the charges, i.e. $50.00 lawn chair chg to sit on the beach. adding tips to the bill (delivery charge for room service)? BTW-Daniel is a nice person :)

Room Tip: Be sure to take enough $ with you :)
4 Thank Fun2Flyfast725ds
Dear Fun2Flyfast725ds,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm happy to hear you had another great experience with us, your happiness really is our number one priority. Thank you for giving me your concerns, all guest feedback is very important. The City of Fort Myers Beach is planning on doing a major sidewalk improvement in the next year or two, hopefully that situation will be better for you on your next visit. I believe the price for the beach chairs is $20 for the entire day, that service is run by a third party company and unfortunately we don't have control over their pricing. Thank you again and we are already looking forward to seeing you again.