“Great beach vacation”

Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Livonia, MI
“Great beach vacation”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We just returned from staying 3 nights here and wish we could have stayed longer. It was a little pricey but well worth it. It's right on a sandy beach that wasn't too crowded for Memorial Day weekend. We went to the pool everyday and enjoyed the restaurants. Cabanas had wonderful service and food. Chloe's for breakfast was pretty good for a hotel breakfast.

One day our key stopped working and I was impressed at how they handled it. Within minutes we had maintenance there at our door and it seemed like within seconds the locksmith was there. They did have to change out the lock and the whole thing probably took 20-30 minutes. They were prompt, polite and handled it very well.

I got a massage at the spa and Sue was outstanding. I wish I lived closer so I could go again.

The only thing we hoped for was a little bit better nightlife. Cabanas closed at 9 on Friday and Saturday of a holiday weekend. We went to Chloe's lounge which was completely dead at 9:30 on a weekend. The piano bar music was disappointing and when I asked at 10:05 if I could order food they said the kitchen closed at 10. About ten minutes later I saw them deliver food to several people. It would have been nice if they at least attempted to place a food order before turning us down. We ended up finding a pizza place and driving there. That night was the only time we didn't have outstanding service.

Other than those small things, it was a wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view
1 Thank Weekendtrvlr
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Weekendtrvlr,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience and enjoyed our location on the beach. We are close to the main hub of Fort Myers Beach, yet far enough away to give our guests peaceful relaxation. Yes, we close our food and beverage outlets at those times due to demand. The surrounding area has a wide variety fun and entertaining restaurants for our guests to enjoy. Thank you again for staying with us and we are looking forward to seeing you back soon.

Neil Hopgood - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
Fort Myers Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

From arrival through departure the entire staff was overwhelming! They were friendly, welcoming and yet not overbearing by any means! The room was spotless and I love the daily housekeeping with replenishing the coffee, soaps etc....Lunch down at Cabana's was a perfect way to get off the beach for awhile and enjoy the sand in your toes under the colorful umbrellas and dine on a great lunch and sip a frozen drink! Everything was perfect! Awesome sunset from the balcony! Definitely will go back again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Barbara F,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. I'm extremely pleased to hear that our service was expectational at every level. We love to exceed expectations and give you an experience you'll remember for a long long time. Thank you again for staying with us and we are looking forward to serving you again soon.

Michigan City
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed here for two nights while in town for business. I go to Ft Myers Beach every spring for vacation and have a time share at a different property on the beach, so I am very familiar with the area. Although I wasn't able to spend a lot of time enjoying this hotel, I will say they have a lot to do. It's right on the beach, activities for kids, a nice pool bar and an additional hotel bar. The room was spacious and clean. I had daily maid service. The room has a coffee maker, microwave and small refrigerator. They replenish the coffee every day, I would have liked more than one four cup packet. Also, I was upgraded to a corner beachfront room which was very nice. The balcony has access from the living room as well as the bedroom. Check in and check out were quick and efficient. They staff was helpful and friendly. I left my phone charger in the room and called them about it. They found and saved it for my return in to the Beach in April. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to beach view if possible.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank indianatraveler57
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Indianatraveler57,
Thank you very much for staying with us during your business trip. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the property and all the amenities. We strive to give all our guests a special experience and I'm glad that's what we could give you. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Coshocton, Ohio
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We travel often and this is our favorite place that to stay!!!!! This resort is very clean, they offer a spa that has awesome services! Every staff member is very helpful/friendly. The restaurants are great. Again, I cannot say enough good stuff about the DH resort. WE LOVE TO STAY HERE!!!!

1 Thank Angie K
Dear Angie K,
Thank you very much for staying with us again at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. I'm excited to hear you had a fantastic experience and that our staff was able to give you outstanding service. We pride ourselves on our guest services and strive to give each person a truly special experience. Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope to see you back soon.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We just returned from a week vacation to DiamondHead Beach Resort. It was our first time visiting and we truly enjoyed ourselves. We checked in around 3PM and the process was very quick; both ladies at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. We had a one bedroom on the 6th floor, overlooking the pool and the gulf. There is not a bad room in the hotel, but I will say that the updated rooms seem to be on the 4th, 7th, and 10th floors. Our furniture was a bit outdated, but not worn...it worked fine for us. We used both the bedroom and the pullout couch for our 3 year old. The lanai was spacious and since it was screened in very useful! We didn't think that we liked the screen at first, because it alters the view, but it proved useful to prevent bugs from coming in when we were eating and is a nice wind barrier when the winds became a little gusty. We ate at Cabana's Beach Bar and Grill several times during our stay; the food was good and a reasonable price. We had pizza from Chloe's Lounge one night and it was delicious! We also ordered room service and ate on the lanai. The pool was nice...it is heated and it always seemed to be just the right temperature. Our daughter enjoyed the hot/cold tubs too! We raced crabs and played BINGO poolside and our daughter visited the Kid's Activity Club one afternoon and loved it. Great place for little ones! Be sure to visit Tuckaways Coffee and Wafels in the morning....so good! We also enjoyed Reese's for breakfast, where our 3 year old was able to feed the fish and turtles (homestyle breakfast/great prices). We loved Doc Fords Rum Bar and Grill for dinner also...great live music! Overall, wonderful stay, beautiful beach (be sure to see the sunset over the pier at night!) and great hotel.

1 Thank Amy W
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Amy,
Thank you so very much for choosing to stay with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. Giving our guests the best possible experience is what we strive to do every single day and I'm pleased to hear that's what you received. I'm happy to hear that your little one had a great time with the poolside crab races and the Kid's activity center, we strive to give people of all ages a special experience. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back in the future.

Prospect, Ohio
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Of all the vacation spots we have been to, DiamondHead is one of our favorites! While there, you must spend some time at Chloes Lounge...Spike makes the best drinks...she is so much fun to talk to, has lots of stories and is the reason we spend time in the lounge!! We are going back in June and can't wait to see her...she truly is a sweetheart!

OSU Buckeyes!!

Room Tip: We always request premium ocean/pool view on the 10th floor, just a perfect view.
1 Thank Dianne J
Dear Dianne J,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. I'm excited to hear that Spike is always able to take great care of you, she is a great asset to DiamondHead and we are lucky to have her. She always gets a lot of compliments from our guests. Thank you again for staying with us and for enjoying Chloes Lounge.

Sycamore, IL
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The Diamond Head Beach Resort Hotel more than lived up to my expectations. Arrived with a group of families in town for girls high school Nationals gymnastics competition. Hotel was booked by the coach, so I had no hand in making this choice. I fretted a little about this, but there was no need to. The hotel was beautiful. Very friendly staff and the room was the cleanest I have ever stayed in. Considering these suites with kitchenettes are occupied by beach-goers that is saying a lot! I also had a spectacular view on the 8th floor of the beach and pier. Sliding glass doors in the living area and bedroom could be left open all night and ocean waves lulled me to sleep each night. I also loved the beach bar by the pool and beach. Could eat and drink on tiles or in the sand. Perfect. My only complaint was that the 2nd drink I ordered one night was too strong. I worried there would not be enough parking, but found a close, convenient spot every time I returned to the lot. Would go back there in a heartbeat and plan to some time soon!

Room Tip: East facing rooms have the better views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Skimlatte,
Thank you for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm pleased to hear that you and your group enjoyed your stay at our resort. We pride ourselves on giving our guests the best possible service and exceeding expectations at every opportunity. We recently completed upgrades to our Cabana's Beach Bar & Grille, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the food and beach atmosphere there. Thank you again, we do hope to see you back soon.