“Had a great time”

DiamondHead Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Me and my husband stayed here for three nights at the beginning of May.
We got in a little later than planned and were greeted by a very friendly staffer who seemed really happy to see us, even at one am. When we got up to our room, we were pleasantly surprised by how nice an spacious it was. Everything was neat and clean, it was great.
The next day we woke up to beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico. The Diamondhead is on a fabulous beach, and we enjoyed several walks up and down the sand over the course of our stay. There were also a lot of great shops and restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel.
We only ate in the restaurant once, for breakfast, and it was good, although the portions could have been bigger. The service was fantastic though, which was a repeated theme throughout our stay. Every where we went on the hotel grounds people were exceptionally happy.
I cant wait to go back again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the tenth floor and it was fabulous
1  Thank modern_wife
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Modern_wife,
Thank you very much for staying with us during your visit to beautiful Fort Myers Beach. I'm pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed the resort and all its amenities. Your happiness is our number one goal. I'm also extremely pleased to hear that our staff did a great job taking care of you. We truly do strive to give each guest a special experience. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This resort is directly on the beach, only a few minutes walk to the beach shops and restaurants. See the most beautiful sunsets. Big pool, nice outside bar, in-house restaurant is nice. My friends and I go for "girls getaway weekends" once in awhile. The rooms are great ... clean, lanai for sitting outside, kitchenette. Tried room service ... fabulous. Sleeper sofa, private bedroom. Great vacation resort and really great for families. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Gulf View at this location is good, but gulf front is the better.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank M S

Dear M S,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. I'm excited to hear that you and your friends have made us your place to escape and enjoy the beach. We truly do try to give each guest a memorable experience and I'm glad we could do that for you. Thank you again and we are looking forward to seeing you and your friends back soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We just returned from staying 3 nights here and wish we could have stayed longer. It was a little pricey but well worth it. It's right on a sandy beach that wasn't too crowded for Memorial Day weekend. We went to the pool everyday and enjoyed the restaurants. Cabanas had wonderful service and food. Chloe's for breakfast was pretty good for a hotel breakfast.

One day our key stopped working and I was impressed at how they handled it. Within minutes we had maintenance there at our door and it seemed like within seconds the locksmith was there. They did have to change out the lock and the whole thing probably took 20-30 minutes. They were prompt, polite and handled it very well.

I got a massage at the spa and Sue was outstanding. I wish I lived closer so I could go again.

The only thing we hoped for was a little bit better nightlife. Cabanas closed at 9 on Friday and Saturday of a holiday weekend. We went to Chloe's lounge which was completely dead at 9:30 on a weekend. The piano bar music was disappointing and when I asked at 10:05 if I could order food they said the kitchen closed at 10. About ten minutes later I saw them deliver food to several people. It would have been nice if they at least attempted to place a food order before turning us down. We ended up finding a pizza place and driving there. That night was the only time we didn't have outstanding service.

Other than those small things, it was a wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view
1  Thank Weekendtrvlr
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Weekendtrvlr,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience and enjoyed our location on the beach. We are close to the main hub of Fort Myers Beach, yet far enough away to give our guests peaceful relaxation. Yes, we close our food and beverage outlets at those times due to demand. The surrounding area has a wide variety fun and entertaining restaurants for our guests to enjoy. Thank you again for staying with us and we are looking forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

From arrival through departure the entire staff was overwhelming! They were friendly, welcoming and yet not overbearing by any means! The room was spotless and I love the daily housekeeping with replenishing the coffee, soaps etc....Lunch down at Cabana's was a perfect way to get off the beach for awhile and enjoy the sand in your toes under the colorful umbrellas and dine on a great lunch and sip a frozen drink! Everything was perfect! Awesome sunset from the balcony! Definitely will go back again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Barbara F,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. I'm extremely pleased to hear that our service was expectational at every level. We love to exceed expectations and give you an experience you'll remember for a long long time. Thank you again for staying with us and we are looking forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed here for two nights while in town for business. I go to Ft Myers Beach every spring for vacation and have a time share at a different property on the beach, so I am very familiar with the area. Although I wasn't able to spend a lot of time enjoying this hotel, I will say they have a lot to do. It's right on the beach, activities for kids, a nice pool bar and an additional hotel bar. The room was spacious and clean. I had daily maid service. The room has a coffee maker, microwave and small refrigerator. They replenish the coffee every day, I would have liked more than one four cup packet. Also, I was upgraded to a corner beachfront room which was very nice. The balcony has access from the living room as well as the bedroom. Check in and check out were quick and efficient. They staff was helpful and friendly. I left my phone charger in the room and called them about it. They found and saved it for my return in to the Beach in April. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to beach view if possible.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank indianatraveler57
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Indianatraveler57,
Thank you very much for staying with us during your business trip. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the property and all the amenities. We strive to give all our guests a special experience and I'm glad that's what we could give you. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We travel often and this is our favorite place that to stay!!!!! This resort is very clean, they offer a spa that has awesome services! Every staff member is very helpful/friendly. The restaurants are great. Again, I cannot say enough good stuff about the DH resort. WE LOVE TO STAY HERE!!!!

1  Thank Angie K

Dear Angie K,
Thank you very much for staying with us again at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. I'm excited to hear you had a fantastic experience and that our staff was able to give you outstanding service. We pride ourselves on our guest services and strive to give each person a truly special experience. Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We just returned from a week vacation to DiamondHead Beach Resort. It was our first time visiting and we truly enjoyed ourselves. We checked in around 3PM and the process was very quick; both ladies at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. We had a one bedroom on the 6th floor, overlooking the pool and the gulf. There is not a bad room in the hotel, but I will say that the updated rooms seem to be on the 4th, 7th, and 10th floors. Our furniture was a bit outdated, but not worn...it worked fine for us. We used both the bedroom and the pullout couch for our 3 year old. The lanai was spacious and since it was screened in very useful! We didn't think that we liked the screen at first, because it alters the view, but it proved useful to prevent bugs from coming in when we were eating and is a nice wind barrier when the winds became a little gusty. We ate at Cabana's Beach Bar and Grill several times during our stay; the food was good and a reasonable price. We had pizza from Chloe's Lounge one night and it was delicious! We also ordered room service and ate on the lanai. The pool was nice...it is heated and it always seemed to be just the right temperature. Our daughter enjoyed the hot/cold tubs too! We raced crabs and played BINGO poolside and our daughter visited the Kid's Activity Club one afternoon and loved it. Great place for little ones! Be sure to visit Tuckaways Coffee and Wafels in the morning....so good! We also enjoyed Reese's for breakfast, where our 3 year old was able to feed the fish and turtles (homestyle breakfast/great prices). We loved Doc Fords Rum Bar and Grill for dinner also...great live music! Overall, wonderful stay, beautiful beach (be sure to see the sunset over the pier at night!) and great hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy W
SunStream-Management, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Amy,
Thank you so very much for choosing to stay with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. Giving our guests the best possible experience is what we strive to do every single day and I'm pleased to hear that's what you received. I'm happy to hear that your little one had a great time with the poolside crab races and the Kid's activity center, we strive to give people of all ages a special experience. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back in the future.