“Family Getaway”

DiamondHead Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Very pleased with this resort. Took family on a 3 day weekend and loved everything here. Staff was excellent and resort was clean and great views. The beach view was awesome. We are looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jbyrd60
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Jbyrd60,
Thank you so much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa on beautiful Fort Myers Beach. I'm pleased to hear that you and your family had a wonderful experience and glad our staff did a great job taking care of you. We want every guest to have a truly special experience. Thank you again and we are looking forward to seeing you back soon.

Neil Hopgood - General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,175)

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Great resort :) being a local to Fort Myers I was aware Diamondhead was a great place to stay. Just exceeded our expectations for the Fourth of July weekend they had availability which was great the
staff and bellhops were excellent, they let us have early check in and late check out
which was fabulous. If you're
looking for five-star on Fort Myers Beach Diamondhead is the place to be !!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Kimme3378
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Kimme3378,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. Nothing makes me happier than knowing we could exceed your expectations. I'm excited to hear that our staff did a great job of taking care of you, we want our guests to feel like family here. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had family visiting us from Tennessee. They had never been to the Gulf Coast of Florida, and expressed an interest in going there. So....I went to the web, checked out a few places. Then I spotted the DiamondHead Resort in Ft. Myers Beach. I called on Sunday and we reserved two rooms, for Tues and Wed. (since that is all the time we had). The staff was fantastic! They even got us two adjoining rooms! I have Parkinson's, which puts limits on my mobility. The staff was not only professional, but caring and friendly. Which, I might add, reflected in the moods of their many guests. The rooms were lovely, with a wonderful view...the beach, pool, restaurant and lunge staff were fantastic! We had a blast! This was my first visit to DiamondHead, but it won't be my last!

Room Tip: If your going to spend the money on a really great vacation...get a suite a view of the gulf!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Josephine Jill F,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. I'm excited to hear that your first experience with us was a fantastic one. Nothing makes me happier than knowing our staff did a great job of taking care of you and that we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Visited in early June and stayed on fifth floor. We had an oceanfront view and paid a decent price for offseason. Every staff member, from the time we got there, to the time we left, was extremely helpful and friendly. As soon as we opened out room, we were greeted with a view of the ocean's horizon. Our room was flawless and was more of a suite than anything else. Bed was comfortable and bathroom, kitchen, living room were spotless. The balcony was beautiful and perfect for relaxing evenings. The pool and hot tubs were nice and very lenient on operating hours. It seemed as if the guests were enjoying themselves responsibly, the pool area was available very late. The beach front tiki bar was convenient and the food and drinks were very good. The restaurant was classy and tasty. The spa was a nice touch and the couples massage was relaxing. The beach access was priceless and made it extremely easy to relax on the beach, stress free, everyday. Hotel is very central to downtown Fort Myers Beach, and is a 3 minute trolley ride and 20 minute walk. The food choices around are vast, and the entertainment just as abundant. I will most definitely be returning to this hotel with friends and family. The trip was perfect, and the hotel was more than expected. Thanks Diamondhead

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank johnrockwell80 .
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear JohnRockwell80,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm excited to hear you had a fantastic time and enjoyed our beach front location. There's nothing like walking into your room for the first time and seeing that view, then waking up to it every morning. Fort Myers Beach truly is a special paradise. I'm also very pleased to hear that our staff did a fantastic job taking care of you. We strive to exceed your expectations at every opportunity. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was a pretty nice hotel, right near all of the action. Since it was right on the beach, I did not make use of the pool, but it looked pretty nice. They offer beach towels, which you can check out and return each day for free. The only things I did not like was the restaurant, which was adequate but not the fine dining advertised, and the drunken guests that swarmed the pool and poolside bar while I was there. The bartender was great, and he handled the unwanted attentions of a drunken female guest very well. I felt bad for him. As with the rest of the employees, he was helpful and friendly. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends traveling to the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank hoosierharridan
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear HoosierHarridan,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience and enjoyed our location on Fort Myers Beach. We put our guests close to the main entertainment district, yet far enough away for quiet relaxation as well. I'm happy to know that our bartenders did a great job taking care of everyone at the beach bar. We have the best team on the beach and I'm very proud of all of them. Thank you again and we are looking forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We just got home from staying 5 nights at Diamondhead and had a great time! The entire staff were super nice and helpful. The location is perfect....ocean front and walking distance to everything. It was about a 10 minute walk to Times Square. We spent the days at the pool, as we did not want to spend $30/day for the chairs and umbrella at the beach. The pool was a blast! They had live music and great pool service with reasonably priced food and drinks. Be sure to meet with the bellman to get pamphlets and books with things to do. In one of the books is a BOGO entree you can use at the pool bar.

We also met with a timeshare salesperson for about an hour. We were not interested whatsoever, but were given a $150 room credit for our time. The woman we met with was very nice and did not pressure us...totally worth it. We used it to get massages :-)

The only downfall was that the WIFI in the room was not that great...and most of the ice machines were not in working order. Other than that, it was a great time!!!! If you're going to Ft. Myers...definitely stay here!

Room Tip: We were upgraded since it was off season... Paid for the cheaper room, but was upgraded to ocean fro...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Heather B,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. I'm excited to hear that you had a great time during your 5 night stay. Our staff truly does strive to give each guest a special experience. Our pool is a popular spot, and the live music and drink service really sets the mood for a great time. Thank you for letting me know about the WiFi, it is super fast but there are a couple spots we need to improve. Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The staff are all friendly and if you return yearly, you will see most of the save staff year after year. I have stayed on various floors with various views and really enjoy the screened in balcony, especially when I bring the grandchildren who love playing out there. The beach is just a few steps away from the resort and Austin the bellhop has great suggestions on where to go for dinner. It doesn't matter if you go doing the busy session or slow session, it is always clean and a very relaxing place to stay.

Room Tip: Middle to upper floors. You can either watch the city lights or all the activities going on around...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Teresia,
Thank you very much for staying with us again at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. Nothing makes me happier than know we can continue to give you a fantastic experience year after year. I feel we have the best staff on the beach, each one of them strives to give you and every other guest a truly special experience. Thank you again and we are looking forward to seeing you back in the future.