DiamondHead Beach Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Neptune Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
US$229
US$222
US$139
US$121
Wyndham Garden Fort Myers Beach(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
US$169
Carousel Inn on the Beach(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$139
Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina(Fort Myers Beach)
US$350
US$226
Flamingo Inn(Fort Myers Beach)
US$121
Lovers Key Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
US$190
US$176
US$83
US$81
Hotels.com
GullWing Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
US$267
US$243
Sandpiper Gulf Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
US$233
US$221
Hotels.com
1,211 results
All reviewsdiamond headcabana barchloe's loungetime sharepool areagulf viewfort myersliving roomlarge balconyresort feedolphin tourmini fridgelounge chairsshower headthe entire staffpull out couchocean front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I'm writing this review 7 years after my last stay. It relaxed me that much I'm only just getting round to it! :)

I have visited Florida year after year for over a decade and have stayed all over, from orlando to the keys, and places inbetween.
I usually stay in Orlando for 11 nights then go to a beach resort for 10, as two weeks just doesn't seem enough here. Florida will cedrtainly not be to everyones taste, but for me it is the perfect holiday, and I could visit here every year and not feel bored with it!

The Diamondhead:

After having visited Naples and Fort Myers, I fell in love with the relaxed atmosphere of this area, the laid back sleepy beachside towns and tranquil beaches (spring/summer break excluded) and the convenience of having plenty to do surrounding you.
The Diamondhead Hotel is situated on Estero Blvd, about a third of the way down the beach from the pier. There are plenty of places to eat and drink within a short walk from the cheap and cheerful to upmarket restaurants. Live entertainment can be found at many of these places and the locals are extremely nice and friendly.
The hotel itself has a prime spot right on the beach, a lovely pool with it's own bar and snack bar, and plenty of sunbeds. The food was always spot on, and the prices decent.
The rooms (suites) were very spacious with massive screened balconies and amazing views.
I stayed here four or five times and the rooms on the side with a view to the pier end of the resort were nice, but the front rooms facing the gulf and the pool were amazing.
The rooms have probably changed quite a bit in the years as they were being refurbished on my last visit, so I can only assume they are better now (the beds though huge, were far too soft for my liking and gave me backache each morning)

The staff were very accomodating and greeted us back each year with a smile and a bit of chat.

Just a short drive down the boulevard brings you to Lovers Key state park, possibly one of my favourite places I've visited. Powder white sand, clear blue/green water without a ripple, and just the sound of the odd small wave lapping the shore, or bird flying past. Pure bliss. (Keep an eye out for stingrays though, I saw a few while there, although they get out of the way if you bang your heel on the sand!)

You can easliy visit nearby Naples from here (a lovely place in it's own right) and downtown Fort Myers is a half hour leisurely drive, where you will find many places to visit, and shopping malls/multiplex cinemas etc.

From here you can also easliy visit the everglades national park, travelling down "alligator alley", where you can even sometimes spot the Florida panther!!!

A car is a must in Florida, and don't be scraed to drive. The locals are always used to foreigners mooching round their roads and are usually very patient with cars that don't know where they're going! Roads are massive and easy to navigate, signposts are everywhere and well laid out (though on freeways, certain exits pop up on you quickly) and I actually find driving there a great part of my holiday.

The sunsets are wonderful, and if you are visiting Times Square of an evening, possibly having dinner at The Beach Pierside Grill (highly recommended, lovely food and staff, fantastic views), you can take a safe walk down the beach after midnight, under moonlight, with your toes in the water back to your hotel. (Just don't get "clotheslined" by the volleyball wire ;-) )

If you are trying to decide on resorts, personally, I've stayed in Clearwater, Naples, Sarasota, Palm Beach and visited many others, but Fort Myers Beach for me is the best. Naples a close second but much busier. The Florida keys are also another must visit place if not just for the drive over the overseas highway. Wow, I could waffle on for hours. I really must go back, it's been too long!!

Room Tip: Get a high room, with a view over the pool looking out to the gulf!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank monkeymafia
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Monkeymafia,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to give us your detailed review. I can't tell you how pleased I am to know that we made such a strong impression on you that you still wanted to write about us 7 years later. A lot of positive changes have happened since your last stay and we are eager to show them to you. We have redone a good portion of our rooms, completely changed and upgraded our Cabana's Beach Bar and so much more. We would like to invite you back to experience us again. Fort Myers Beach is indeed a special place and I'm glad to hear you love it just as much as we do. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

DiamondHead Resort is made up of suites, so its has a small kitchen with refrigerator and dish washer. The resort is part time-share units. The bathroom in our suite was nice and modern. Balcony is screened in with outdoor furniture. The pool area is clean with plenty of lounge chairs. The pool bar, Cabana's is a fully bar with a bar menu. Access to the beach is right past the pool and bar. The beach rental hut is right at the runaway of the beach. The entire resort staff were friend, engaging and helpful from the time we arrived to the time we left. I was so pleased with my two night stay at DiamondHead Resort. It is definitely a first class resort. I would recommend this resort to everyone I know who plan on vacationing at Ft. Myers beach.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the beach. It is beautiful.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ray G
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Ray G,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort. I'm excited to hear that you had a fantastic time and enjoyed your large suite and balcony. We strive to give all our guests the best Fort Myers Beach experience possible. We do that with the best staff on the beach, the best location, and a host of amenities. Again, I'm very happy to hear about your positive experience and we do hope to see you back on your next visit to southwest Florida.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

DiamondHead is amazing! Checked in on August 12 for 3 nights and loved it. Had originally rented a beach house Fort Myers Beach and for unforseen reasons had to seek alternate accommodations. We were a group of 10 checking in around 10pm and the staff was amazing at booking our rooms and accommodating us all on the same floor.

Very friendly staff. Pool is slightly small, but not too bad. Didn't seem crowded on our visit. Beach has powdered sugar sand. Parking was never an issue. The hallways are open air. Rooms are great (and clean)! Very spacious and amazing beachfront view from our room. Balcony is to die for! King size bed and sofa bed. Showers were a little short for everyone else, but perfect for my 5'2" height ;) Loved that we had a mini fridge, toaster, microwave, and dishwasher.

Drinks are reasonably priced at Cabanas. We had a great dinner experience at Chloe's also! Jeremy our server was very friendly and patient with our group. Petite prime rib was delicious.

There is a $15 resort fee that includes parking onsite, wifi, newspaper, use of pool towels, etc. I would definitely return to DiamondHead if I'm ever in the Fort Myers Beach area again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear ritaventures,
Thank you very much for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. I'm so happy we were able to give you and your group a fantastic experience. We are in the business of creating special memories for our guests and I'm glad we could help do that for you. I'm also happy to hear you had a great experience at Chloes Restaurant, Jeremy is a great asset to our team. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

On our night before a trip to Key West we stayed in the Diamond Beach resort. Derek is a friendly guy a advised us to take a 'rental bike' to visit the pier. We had a nice plain dinner (schrimps) at 'Pete 's' with live music and street artists. The pool at the hotel is somewhat small if you stay longer, but the parking facilities are excellent.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here for two nights in a club room on the 7th floor which had a fantastic view of the ocean. The room was very well equipped with fridge, dishwasher, cooking utensils - even a cork screw! The bedroom was an acceptable size but the wardrobe was small. Lots of drawer space, room safe and free wifi which was good. The shower area was very clean but looked a little tired. Pool area was good although the sun beds were very close to each other. Direct access to the beach with foot showers just off the pool area. We ate at the restaurant and had a very nice meal. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel. Self parking was very straight forward with a good size parking lot. The location was very good both for beach and restaurants/ shops.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Paul G,
Thank you for staying with us at DiamondHead Beach Resort & Spa. I'm excited to hear that you enjoyed your well-equipped suite. We strive to give our guests that home away from home feeling and want to make sure you are relaxed and completely comfortable. I'm also happy to hear you enjoyed our on-site restaurants and beach front location. Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope to see you back the next time you visit our beautiful area.