Santa Maria Harbour Resort
Wyndham Garden Fort Myers Beach(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
US$169
Carousel Inn on the Beach(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$139
US$143
Hampton.com
DiamondHead Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
US$337
US$288
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Lovers Key Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
US$193
US$176
The Neptune Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
US$229
US$222
Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina(Fort Myers Beach)
US$368
US$249
Hotels.com
GullWing Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
US$243
Sandpiper Gulf Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
US$233
US$218
Hotwire.com
US$83
US$81
All reviewscondopoolinternetelevatorbeach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2006

We stayed at the Santa Maria Harbour Resort for nine days in June and genuinely have no critisms at all! We have been holidaying in Orlando for the past eleven years, but this year decided that we would try something a little different for the latter half of the vacation.
Please let me stress here the fact that I am always VERY particular when it comes to hotel accomodation. My parents would even go as far as to call me a nightmare! So you will be understandably impressed to hear that from the moment I arrived to the moment I left, I had absolutely, positively no complaints.
The accomodation is clean and spacious. The kitchen has everything you will need and the two large bedrooms have ensuites and ours enjoyed beautiful views over the pool and Marina. The balcony is netted and we spent most evenings sitting out there to eat.
Our air con packed up on day two, and after calling the reception, there was almost instantaneously a tap on the door and we were greeted by Ken, who deals with the maintenance. He, and all the staff, were so incredibly friendly, so a big thanks to them for everything!!!
This is predominantly an All-American resort, which was also a major plus for us. I am English and proud of that, but my parents and myself were really keen to escape from the tourist trail and enjoy the culture and company of the locals.
What was also fantastic is that, whilst weekends pick up a little with the influx of American families, the week days are incredibly quiet. On a few ocassions we had the pool (which is as warm as a bath and crystal clear) entirely to ourselves. The maximum number of people at any given time was probably about a dozen! Heaven!!!
The Marina was also beautiful and as great nature lovers we were all in our element. Be sure to keep an eye out for the family of manatees. On our first morning we were greeted by the mother and baby and it was truly a wonderful sight. They are very friendly and got so close I could almost touch them. That was a holiday highlight for me!
Also a tip for anyone who wants some entertainment. There is a beach theatre located just a few minutes drive from the resort. If you are confutsed as to where it is, just look for the pink building on stilts and you won't go far wrong. We went there on two ocassions and it was brilliant. The seats are on wheels and very comfortablle and dinner is served to you while you watch the movie. I can recommend the curly fries and the pina colada!
The resort is situated a little off the beaten track so a car is essential. Also, while the beach adjacent is fine, we found that 'Lowdermilk' beach in Naples and 'Bonita Beach' (turn left out of resort and just keep going!) enjoyed bluer, clearer waters and softer, whiter sand!
There are quitea few exclusive boutiques in Naples and on the main road leading in there is a huge Macy's and a fairly good mall. As an avid shopper there is understandably less in terms of fashion here than in the tourist-fuelled Orlando, but there is enough to satisfy!
On the last evening we walked along the deserted beach and witnessed the most breath-taking sunset. I am totallly in love with this place and we will be returning next year with more family and friends.
Trust my review. There is nothing not to like!

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank JodieK
Reviewed 5 July 2006

Visited the area, week of5/19, five days. Stayed at The Santa Maria Resort. Spacious two bedroom, pool view, great. Well supposed to be over 25 guests, no way. The noise from the pool, full of unsupervised, under 10 Children. The pool area signs states, supervise children, pool closes at dusk, no way., try 10pm. Mentioned to the pool Man, its really hot. Checked the temp, 95 degrees, hotter than outside air. Some Child got into the office, put the Winter heater on. Took over 3 days to correct itself. One day, of many, Father at area with very screaming Sons, Father was drunk, drinking beer in pool, not allowed. GUESTS had to complain to Father, quiet down. Right after that, one Son decided to go and puke in the sauna!!! The Staff was great, took care of every whim. Would I return to Hotel yes. The area restaurants, were more hit and miss. The other guests all agreed. The beach parking, pay, was about a 15 minute walk. No beach acess where we were. My return trip, will be more knowlegeable of area. Publix was a great meal option, best place for all our needs. So if you do visit, relax, enjoy.

4  Thank GreatNeck
Reviewed 29 June 2006

Came here the last night of our 12 day vacation. The pool was very big and fun. Whirlpools were way too hot and tiny. The desk clerk was very nice. The rooms were SO spacious. Our kids were thrilled. Only downfall; the bathroom doors and shower insides were very old and in need of repair. A small inconvenience considering everything else was great, including the Bath and Body Works shampoos in the bathroom, plus plenty of towels. Cost $169 including tax for a 2 room suite for one night.

2  Thank Mzc
Reviewed 22 April 2006

There are so many pleasant things to say, I don't even know where to begin! My introduction to the Santa Maria Harbour Resort was meeting Ibrahim during check in. Ibrahim was a sweet man who assisted us with directions to the beach, places to eat, etc. Our room was upgraded to a beautiful 2 bedroom suite. The room was fabulous, not only did my friend and I each have our own bedrooms, but our own bathrooms too! The kitchen was fully stocked and very clean. There was a nice dining table, beautiful screened patio, and a nice seating area in the living room. The in-room washer/dryer was exceptionally handy as well!! The pool, bbq and shuffleboard area was always clean and there was never a lack of chairs, tables in which to sit and relax. I was totally impressed with Santa Maria Harbour Resort and would stay there again in a heartbeat!!

Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank jparks2007
Reviewed 10 November 2005

We stayed here with two kids in a 2 BR and loved it. A lot of space, quiet, everything you need (dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, big fridge, nice pool) and even manatees in the canal at the pool. After small hotel rooms before this was really recreation! The only problem: No direct beach access (you need approx. 5 minutes by car if you want a nice beach).

• Stayed: August 2005