“great pancakes”

Captain's Galley Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 182 Restaurants in Fort Pierce
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brick, New Jersey
“great pancakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great pancakes were served. We also enjoyed the waffles and French toast. Orange juice had to be from Natalie's, which is the best juice ever.

Visited May 2014

Fort Pierce, Florida
“Local's favorite breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Best breakfast in Fort Pierce. Even when super busy, and long lines, they turn over super fast. However, I have never felt rushed when eating there. Food is great and very reasonable. It's where all the locals go. My favorite place to meet my friends for breakfast and coffee.

• Visited May 2014
New York City, New York
“good breakfast value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Good meal for a good prices. Tends to get very crowded and nosy early so go early for less wait and noise.
They do grits and eggs well.

Visited April 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
“OMELETS SUPREME”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stopped in for lunch. I was pleased to learn that I could order breakfast despite it being afternoon. I went with an egg-white Greek omelet. It was a quantum leap beyond the usual Greek omelet, which usually contains spinach and feta cheese, in that it also was topped with diced tomatoes and kalamata olives. A nice touch. The only glitch with this omelet is that it wasn't egg whites only. I ate it anyway. The meal came with a choice of accompaniments, of which I opted for the two sourdough biscuits, a prudent choice. They were succulent when I smeared them with strawberry jam. My ravenous appetite was sated, my belly full.

My wife selected the "catch of the day," which turned out to be pollock when brought to our table. I chuckled since pollock is not native to Florida waters and certainly was not just caught. More likely this fish was netted in the Bering Sea. A supervisor of sorts later informed us that all fish served in the area was frozen and that it was the restaurant's policy to serve whatever whitefish that was available on the market. That said, my wife commented that the fish was very tasty. The French fries were another matter. Suffice it to say that we left most of them in situ.

Our waitress (Michele?) provided excellent service. She was very cordial and efficient.

We sat out on the porch, which was enclosed and shielded from the unrelenting sun. Still, it was a bit warm there. All those unused overhead fans should have been whirling, at least enough to stir the thick air. There wasn't much of a view, save for the bridge and waterway in the distance. The restaurant itself had a shanty charm.

I would definitely go here again for the omelets.

• Visited May 2014
OLYMPIA
“This place knows how to make breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We had been looking for a nice local place to have breakfast where we could sit down and be served but we could find nothing on the main roads from the interstate to Fort Pearce but fast food dives. Finally, we stumbled on The Captain's Galley after we took a back road to see the marina. It was a treasure to find this place. There were lots of people having breakfast even though it was10:00 am on a Thursday morning and people still kept coming in. The restaurant had a pleasant atmosphere with a bit of a nautical theme but their attention is obviously on their food.
Our waitress was a cute young lady that was friendly, attentive and made us feel at home the minute we arrived. She would joke with the locals when asked how her morning was going that "both of her were doing fine". She was obviously pregnant. They have a broad menu with lots of choices. I ordered hash and eggs and my wife had a sausage cheese omelet. Our meals came with a choice of toast, biscuit or pancakes. Because we seldom get this option, we chose pancakes. To our surprise, when the food arrived, we each had a huge stack of three big pancakes and plenty of butter. The omelet was filled with lots of cheese and sausage and was the best that we've had on our trip. Although the hash came out of a can, I prefer it, and my meal was cooked exactly as I ordered it. These pancakes were so good that we ended up taking one stack with us to go because we couldn't bare to let them go to waste. Oh, the coffee was good and our waitress kept the mugs filled which is how I measure service in the morning.

• Visited April 2014