“Great Service and Atmosphere... "ok" BBQ”
Review of Dale's Bar-B-Q West - CLOSED

Dale's Bar-B-Q West
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The atmosphere is comfortable and casual without being fast food. The service was friendly and quick! The portions were good for the price, but smallish in comparison to what they are called. For example, the "Large" combo was more like a medium in size, but also in price so it balanced out. The meat on the sandwiches was of excellent quality and cooked perfectly. It does NOT have seasoning, or if it did.. the seasoning was bland. The bun on the sandwich was just a normal bun, nothing special. The fries were thick cut steak fries and cooked perfectly. We ordered a side of beans, and they were EXCELLENT. The two "house bbq sauces" were different. One borders on hot sauce and the other is HEAVILY vinegary. Separately they are average at best.. mixed together they are good but not great. Overall, if you are looking for a relaxed sit down meal that doesn't cost an arm and a leg... give them a try. If you are looking for real Southern BBQ, go somewhere else.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have been going to this place since they have been open with my parents now my kids are taking their kids. And it is so nice it see the it is still just as popular as it always been.. I LOVE the good old pork special nice to say that it is still the same after the re-opening and my husband and i drive from Sebastian just for a great BBQ sandwich. Thrilled that they are back and love the new decorating inside...

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Great place to get delicious BBQ!!! Fast,friendly service.Restaurant is always clean.Definitely a favorite spot for local folks!!! Busy,busy!!! But no matter how busy they are,the food and service is great!!

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

There's a reason why the place is packed..EverY DaY! Sweet Tea is Unreal..so simple but like none other. Onion chips..incredible; grab a Jumbo Sandwich and enjoy.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I've been coming to this restaurant for over 32 years, so when a fire last year closed it down, we were all disappointed. But it recently reopened with a new name, Moonswiners, so we had to drive up there and give it a try. We were very pleased to see that they are still serving the same great barbecue favorites. Their coleslaw is legendary, and I had heard that they had changed it. I asked the server about it, and she said it was a little different when they first reopened, but people complained so they went back to the original recipe. I still think it had a slightly different taste, but it was very close to the way I remembered it, and it tasted delicious. The new decor is much brighter, and they have added a small bar area with stools. My only complaint is that the interior had a strong smell of smoke--and not from last year's fire! I don't think the grill/smoker is venting correctly, and it could be a problem for people who are sensitive to it. I mentioned it to the cashier, and she said it was being addressed as others have complained about it too. This restaurant is a favorite of ours, and I am looking forward to going back again soon!