“Always great here..”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Pierce
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Especially if you have the coupon rate!!! Clean, quiet, awesome NEW hotel. Always stay here if I can when near Ft. Pierce. Top Notch for a LaQuinta truly.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank fire7rayne

Reviewed 7 January 2012

We stayed here for one night because we needed a dog friendly hotel. The room was nice and comfortable. It was a very clean hotel. It was a very convenient hotel because it was right off of the Florida Turnpike. It was our first time staying in a La Quinta and it won't be our last.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jami13
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Stayed here on business for over two months. I've been in three different rooms and all are consistent.The staff is amazing. Housekeeping is fast and accommodating. All four or five of the front desk attendants are great; probably the most attentive and friendly staff one will find for the price. A great value and highly recommend. The only complaint is the soda and ice machine were removed from the fourth floor. Not a big deal but had to find fault with something.

Room Tip: Ask for a back side room. Some of the front rooms have accent lighting that is too bright
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jpsantarsiero
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Very nice hotel! It is not often you find a dog friendly hotel like this one. Desk clerk was very friendly and competent. The room couldn't have been nicer. It had the feel and look of an upscale hotel room. It was clean, very pretty and well-appointed. The beds were extremely comfortable. The fact that they allowed our two big dogs was a real plus.

MAny times we've stayed at hotels where you can hear noise coming from the rooms next door or from the hallway in the early morning hours, when some people are checking out and we heard nothing at all, so we got a very good nights sleep.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Starrchar
Reviewed 18 November 2011

6th day here and Internet has been down three separate days.

No garbage bags in garbage cans.

Beds are very stiff.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Nuke123
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I was visiting Fort pierce for a family event. A really reasonable group rate was arranged in advance. i thought the room was nice, clean and everything i needed. It even had a free breakfast. I stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank 128Mary
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I stayed at the La Quinta Inn and Suites in Fort Pierce Florida during October 2011 and all I can say is your money is much better spent elsewhere. The "free" morning breakfast was horrid, the doors slammed so loudly in the hallway that the walls shook, the noise from the frat boys coming in drunk at 2 am and small children being allowed to run up and down the halls at all hours was unbelievable!! I was afraid to let anyone clean my room while I was not there because I had a laptop stolen in the past and of course the hotel never claims responsibility. When I asked that housekeeping only come in to clean when I was there, I received a nasty voice message from one of the desk clerks telling me I had to let someone in to clean my room. I told them they were more than welcome to come in at any time to check the room but that I did not want them in there cleaning while I was not there. When I arrived back to my room that evening, the desk clerk had deactivated my cards so I could not get into my room....and no they weren't deactivated by my cell phone since neither were anywhere near it all day. After working 14 hours, I really was in no mood to come home to that. I went down to the front desk and explained why I didn't want anyone in the room while I was not there and the front desk clerk informed me it was not a problem and they would make an exception. When I checked out, I made sure the room was clean, I wiped down the shower and the sink, I wiped off the furniture and left everything very neat and tidy as I always do when I leave. Two hours after check out I received a voicemail message from the desk clerk telling me she had charged my card an additional $150 since I had a pet in the room and it would cost that to "clean the comforter" where the pet hair was found. I explained I did not have an animal with me and that she had no right to charge my card for anything since I had not signed anything giving her authorization to do so, either at check in or out. She told me she would have her manager give me call and he never did. I called back several times since I was told he would be "in and out". She called back a short time later and informed me she would reverse the charge to my card and that they would "pursue other measures to be compensated for the damages". I asked her "what damages?" since the room was in good condition when I left. She informed me that "housekeeping" had taken pictures of the animal hair on the bed and when asked if I could be sent a copy to see what she was talking about, I was abruptly told "no". I stated once again that they could not charge my card without my permission and that there was no damage to the room and again asked to speak to the manager. I was again told she would "give him the message". I finally got fed up and contacted the corporate office to file a complaint. Shortly thereafter, I received a very nasty call from the general manager who informed me very rudely that he had reversed the charge to my account. When I explained that they had charged not only $150 but two additional $150 charges against my account, he told me that is the way all of the vendors do. I explained that is not the way things are done and according to the corporate office, they should not have done what they did either. He would not let me speak and kept interrupting during the entire conversation. He slipped up and told me he had heard all of the conversations that I had with his desk clerk (even though he supposedly was not at the hotel) and then quickly recanted and said that they had all been recorded. I told him very good since he needed to see the attitude his desk clerk had with customers. He became irrate and informed me we had nothing more to discuss and hung up the phone on me. I filed an additional complaint about his behavior with the corporate office and plan to follow up with them this week. I have never had an issue in the two years of traveling with being told my room required additional cleaning and this certainly would have been no exception. I have never been treated so rudely and unprofessionally by anyone in my entire life and I have been speaking with my attorney to see what he can do to ensure this nonsense doesn't happen to anyone else. There are many nice places to stay in this area and I can assure you that while this hotel may "appear" nice in the pictures, it is honestly not worth the money nor the hassle of having someone illegally place charges to your card and making up some nonsense reason for doing so.....not only illegal but unethical. A truly pathetic way of doing business!! I know times are hard, but when a business deliberately makes up nonsense to charge its customers for things that are not warranted and then has the audacity to treat them so unprofessionally when they complain, something needs to be done. I am hopeful that the corporate office will remedy the situation, but with this being an individually owned franchise, I am not quite sure what if anything they can actually do to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you don't want unauthorized charges to your credit card!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business