“Terrible management if there is any!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Pierce
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
GreenLeadersBronze level
blessedwife1
“Terrible management if there is any!”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This hotel needs some serious management. The room had a musty smell and they allow pets which totally turned me off but I got passed that. The hotel we would have stayed in was full and we were really tired from driving. The rate was 148.00 a night which was ridiculous! The worst thing I hated was there was absolutely no management on the premises so if you had a problem you are SOL! The breakfast was only served until 9 am and was empty when we got there at 8:10am. There were many people who came after us and the food was already scarce and cold if you were lucky to get anything that was supposed to be hot. But the most frustrating thing of all was there are only 2 chairs at every table and there were people having to sit on the couches in the foyer to eat. It was awful. I was lucky to get a tiny discount but not much considering the rate was high to begin with. They said the management would contact me but I'm not holding my breathe. The staff said the management manages other places so I got the impression that the management was just taking the money and running without fixing any problems. They let the woman at the counter take all the problems. I will never stay here again.

2 Thank blessedwife1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The Staff was friendly, it was super clean, our room was really really really nice, clean and super cold just the way i like it!. Couldn't hear any noise from any other rooms, which is great. Really great location, right next to i95 and quite a few restaurants right around it. If you need to stay in Fort Pierce, FL this is a terrific place to stay.

Room Tip: I have only stayed here once but we were on the 4th floor at the end of the hall the last room and h...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Our room at LaQuinta in Ft. Pierce was clean...beds were comfortable...and no noise issues from other travelers and their pets......conveniently located between Florida Turnpike & I-95.....one thing I found odd was receiving a phone call around noon on the day we were scheduled to arrive....employee said she needed to know what time we would arrive at hotel (?).....I'm on vacation, not on a time schedule, and my room was reserved with a credit card.....have never had a hotel insist I tell them what time I would be arriving (I was not wanting to arrive BEFORE check in)......the pool was very nice and clean.... washer/dryer worked great (you will pay about $5 for ONE load).....printer in business center was out of ink......at breakfast, no matter what time we arrived, there was never a place to sit, so we went out for breakfast....on the last day, we attempted to eat breakfast at hotel, and they were completely out of juice, milk, and many other breakfast items.....when I asked clerk about this, she said they have more things to do than make sure breakfast items are stocked....she was uncaring and rude.......so basically, if you don't care about eating breakfast at hotel, you don't mind slow WIRED internet, and you don't mind the staff's uncaring attitude should you have an issue, you will be fine....

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We were in town visiting family and decided to stay over night. At least 4 major hotels in the area were booked at 5 pm. They had 4 rooms left so we jumped on it. The price for a king on the 4th floor was a little high. The room was very clean and spacious, however not insulated well. could here guests above, beside and across hall. The staff were very nice however the breakfast area could not handle the guests and the coffee was absolutely .awful.

St. Joseph, MO
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

La Quinta at Ft. Pierce is very clean, friendly staff, a short distance off the Florida Turnpike. My wife and i like clean hotels, and this is one of them. we will stay here in the future on our way to florida, and home again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Brianna in guest services was very helpful. Five star service she answered all my question onky problem I had was that theprinterwas out of toner and papaer in the business center overall is a great hotel.

Room Tip: I booked my room through Priceline name your price was able to get a 5 night stay for 403.10 is was...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We booked our room online and received a phone call the day of asking if we wanted an early or late check-in. My husband asked how early could we check- in the lady answered his question with "Okay, we'll see you then." Being confused and not wanting to deal with it we decided to spent the day at the beach (only 30 minutes from the hotel btw) until we could check in.

The hotel seem pretty nice at check-in; it smelled and looked clean. The staff was friendly but not very informative. (We were only told where the elevator was, no check out time, not when breakfast started.They didn't even offer us a crib for our 4 month old son.)

Our room needed some work. There were a few stains on the carpet (kind of looked like someone dropped a hot iron on it), a hole in the top sheets, a small amount of mold on the bottom corner of the shower curtain, none of the trash cans had liners, the couch and chair in the room both looked like they had seen better days (the chair was lopsided and the couch look as if someone sat in it for a week straight), the WiFi didn't reach our 4th floor room (we got better signal from the gas station next door) and the linens were a little to rough for my liking.

Other than that the room was clean and a pretty good size. The ac and mini-fridge were ice cold, the shower had hot water and good water pressure and the beds were pretty comfortable.

I would have expected the room to be nicer for the price we paid. We would stay again it the price was lower but we'd definitely stay somewhere else for the price it is now.