“Great People Great Hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Pierce
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I will start with the positives. We travel quite a bit and stayed in a motel or hotel 63 nights last year. We choose La Quinta when one is available because they generally provide a very nice, clean room, a decent breakfast, and efficient friendly service at a good price. They also universally accept pets and we travel with our dogs. I also require handicap accessibility and La Quinta provides convenient accessible rooms. The Fort Pierce La Quinta is relatively new. The rooms are spacious, well appointed and very clean. The location is just off of I 95 and near several restaurants. The area is very quiet, as was our room, and there are good places to walk dogs if you are traveling with one. One comment on handicapped accessibility is in order. The website for the Inn indicates walk-in showers. These may exist in some of the accessible rooms, but not the one we were given. I can get in and out of a tub shower, but for those who can't make sure you talk with the desk when you make the reservation.

The prices vary substantially depending on the season and demand. We had to be in the Ft. Pierce area for a funeral and had no option as to date so we paid more than $140 a night over a weekend. That is pretty high for a La Quinta regardless of location and is certainly high for one near a town like Ft. Pierce by which I mean one that is not a tourist destination.

The service rates a 1 and that's being generous. There was no one at the desk when I came to check in and when someone did appear they were arrogant to the point I felt like they were doing me favor letting me stay. There was also no one in evidence when I checked out. After about 10 minutes a clerk came down the hall. She was very friendly, but I have the sense that they don't have enough staff. The maid's do a good job, but if you are staying more than one night and need the room made up before 3 o'clock make sure you check back to ensure your request is being acted on. We had the same problems with breakfast that are noted in other reviews. The room has too few chairs and the breakfast bar is not maintained in a timely manner. For example, the first morning we ate breakfast we were there for about 30 minutes but the fruit, eggs and juice was not replaced during that period, although it was only 8 o'clock.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ml W
blessedwife1
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This hotel needs some serious management. The room had a musty smell and they allow pets which totally turned me off but I got passed that. The hotel we would have stayed in was full and we were really tired from driving. The rate was 148.00 a night which was ridiculous! The worst thing I hated was there was absolutely no management on the premises so if you had a problem you are SOL! The breakfast was only served until 9 am and was empty when we got there at 8:10am. There were many people who came after us and the food was already scarce and cold if you were lucky to get anything that was supposed to be hot. But the most frustrating thing of all was there are only 2 chairs at every table and there were people having to sit on the couches in the foyer to eat. It was awful. I was lucky to get a tiny discount but not much considering the rate was high to begin with. They said the management would contact me but I'm not holding my breathe. The staff said the management manages other places so I got the impression that the management was just taking the money and running without fixing any problems. They let the woman at the counter take all the problems. I will never stay here again.

2 Thank blessedwife1
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The Staff was friendly, it was super clean, our room was really really really nice, clean and super cold just the way i like it!. Couldn't hear any noise from any other rooms, which is great. Really great location, right next to i95 and quite a few restaurants right around it. If you need to stay in Fort Pierce, FL this is a terrific place to stay.

Room Tip: I have only stayed here once but we were on the 4th floor at the end of the hall the last room and h...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Our room at LaQuinta in Ft. Pierce was clean...beds were comfortable...and no noise issues from other travelers and their pets......conveniently located between Florida Turnpike & I-95.....one thing I found odd was receiving a phone call around noon on the day we were scheduled to arrive....employee said she needed to know what time we would arrive at hotel (?).....I'm on vacation, not on a time schedule, and my room was reserved with a credit card.....have never had a hotel insist I tell them what time I would be arriving (I was not wanting to arrive BEFORE check in)......the pool was very nice and clean.... washer/dryer worked great (you will pay about $5 for ONE load).....printer in business center was out of ink......at breakfast, no matter what time we arrived, there was never a place to sit, so we went out for breakfast....on the last day, we attempted to eat breakfast at hotel, and they were completely out of juice, milk, and many other breakfast items.....when I asked clerk about this, she said they have more things to do than make sure breakfast items are stocked....she was uncaring and rude.......so basically, if you don't care about eating breakfast at hotel, you don't mind slow WIRED internet, and you don't mind the staff's uncaring attitude should you have an issue, you will be fine....

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We were in town visiting family and decided to stay over night. At least 4 major hotels in the area were booked at 5 pm. They had 4 rooms left so we jumped on it. The price for a king on the 4th floor was a little high. The room was very clean and spacious, however not insulated well. could here guests above, beside and across hall. The staff were very nice however the breakfast area could not handle the guests and the coffee was absolutely .awful.

St. Joseph, MO
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

La Quinta at Ft. Pierce is very clean, friendly staff, a short distance off the Florida Turnpike. My wife and i like clean hotels, and this is one of them. we will stay here in the future on our way to florida, and home again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family