“Hidden treasure”

Dining options: Reservations
Brick, New Jersey
“Hidden treasure”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was my first experience here at Capone's hideaway and the food was delicious. Generous portions. Reasonably priced dinner specials. The restaurant is not in full view considering the location, but that makes it the hidden treasure. When you find a quality restaurant the spot will not make a difference. I will definitely return to try some other specialties on the menu. The atmosphere was quaint and pleasant. Look forward to returning.

• Visited May 2014

Roswell
“Food is OK, my waitress was really bad”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

The food is just OK. My fish was watery and slightly overdone, but spices were good. The vegetables are slathered in butter. The salad in a word, weird. Raspberry dressing with cranberries. Also, the don't offer Italian dressing in Ann Italian restaurant? The waitress from North Dakota was just bad. She spilled two things on the table as she was serving and left them sit there. I waited 15 minutes to see if she would clean them up, but no dice. All she said was 'look what a mess I've made'. She also got our order wrong and was not attentive. The owner needs to get a handle on these problems. I don't normally write reviews, but this place should probably be avoided until they fix things. We won't be back.

• Visited May 2014
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Definitely a Hide-Away with great food”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I usually stay in Vero Beach when we visit this area, but couldn't find a room we liked there this trip so we ended up in Ft. Pierce. This is a snobbish thing to write but compared to Vero I typically don't think of Fort Pierce as a town I'd go to for great food. Capone's changed my mind on that score. The location belies the quality of the restaurant as it's tucked into the interior of a small commercial mall out by the inlet. However, I'm beginning to find that some of the best restaurants all over this country are in strip malls. Anyway, chose Capone's based on reviews and the diverse menu. My wife can't eat seafood of any kind so some of the restaurants on the river are really not attractive to us because of the limited menu selection other than seafood. Not so for Capone's. We arrived about 6:45 on a Saturday still during the "season" in terms of snow birds and tourists and the place was packed. However, we were cordially greeted and the host made up a table for two within a few minutes. That said, reservations would be a good idea since this is a small restaurant. I order the Mediterranean Seafood special and it was fantastic. It came with one half a Maine lobster, fresh shrimp, mussels, clams, and calamari over risotto. This is a dish I am very fond of and this preparation was superb and of a quantity that I took enough home for breakfast (perhaps not everyone's idea of breakfast, but it sure tasted good next morning). I ordered a Caesar salad because anchovies were available and it was very nice. My wife had a house salad which contained a mix of fresh veggies and a very nice dressing. She ordered the filet mignon which came with mashed potatoes and a generous helping of mixed vegetables. I tried a bite of the filet and it was melt in your mouth perfection. The menu also includes dishes such as Chicken and Sausage Carbonara, Chicken or Veal Parmesan, Chicken Francese, Lamb Shank as well as a number of seafood dishes. The appetizer list is appealing, although we didn't try any. They do not have a full bar, but the beer and wine selection was more than adequate for our tastes. The service was excellent even with the "full house" that included a party of 10 which was being served at the same time we were. I also thought that the prices were very reasonable. My wife's and my dinners were $23.95 each which is less than I would anticipate paying in a similar establishment for similar food in Vero Beach or in St Augustine where we live. We will certainly return to Capone's when we are back in the area.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Ml W
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Simply Wonderful”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This was my first time visiting Capone's Hideaway. The food was fantastic the homemade desserts were to die for. The atmosphere was wonderful. Being Italian myself it is very hard to find a restaurant that make Wonderful Italian food never the less good food. Well I can now say I have find my home away from home Italian cooking. Thanks Capone's.

• Visited March 2014
Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great value ... What's up with Karl S ?”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

This is a great restaurant and great value in Fort Pierce. We have eaten at every "good restaurant" from Fort Pierce to Stuart and Capone's is at or near the top of our list. New owner Francesco is doing a terrific job and so is his staff.

I'll make it brief: Try the mussels frau diavilo, snapper, either whitefish entree. All are very tasty. Our wine has been better than just OK. Our server (Christina) has always been excellent.

We don't know what's up with Karl S in his February 2014 review. Maybe he should go back to school where his writing students can teach him to tighten things up a lot. Was he at the same restaurant as we?

Visited March 2014