“Loved coming here several times a week”

Downtown Fort Pierce
Ranked #6 of 89 things to do in Fort Pierce
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We came to Downtown Fort Pierce at least three or four times a week. We would go to the public library and then sit on the benches by the water and enjoy the sun, birds, and the beauty of the marina area.We came here in the evening to feed the seagulls and loved that. We went to the marina area for the Itlaian Festival enjoying the music and dancers as well as the Calzone from one vendor and the italian donuts from another vendor. We thought there should have been more Italian foods and desserts. We went here for the other Friday night music and enjoyed the Irish music. We did not like having to get tokens to purchase foods and drinks. Our favorite was the Saturday morning Farmers Market and the Craft vendors. We went every Saturday to buy Hoeybelle oranges. We bought stained glass gifts and a metal mermaid hook for another gift. We also purchased postcards, t-shirts,beaded "n shark tooth necklace in the gift shop next tot he tiki bar. We loved the free public parking. On a Thursday evening, we went to the "antique car show" and we really loved with the 60's music. We went to the Pirates Festival. We went to the Manatee Center and did see manatee in the water where the boats were docked at the marina. We also went to Importico's Cafe and Bakery and to 1.2.1.Tapas; both were fabulous!
Can't wait to go back next year.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

One of my favorite places to visit is the park at the marina. Sheltering trees, beautiful walkways, a small but delightful fountain, and if one is truly lucky, a cooling breeze. I love walking over to the marina in the late afternoon, when the fishermen are in and cleaning their catch. That's the best time to see the pelicans who never cease to delight!
One afternoon my son and I were fortunate enough to see a pod of manatee just floating in the marina.
The Tiki Bar at the marina is a cool respite on a hot sunny day, offering up such fare as dirty oysters and fish tacos, as well as other culinary treats.
Across the street is the library, one of my favorite stops when visiting downtown Fort Pierce..and just up the way from the library is Uncle Carlo's Gelato...the best I've ever had the pleasure to eat.
Last night we attended the 5th annual Italian Fest. I can't tell you how wonderful it was to hear my ancestral language being spoken, enjoy the music and delight in the food (although I have to say it was REALLY overpriced). My family and I had attended the 1st Italian Fest which was held in front of the Civic Center in PSL...since the festival really only has a few vendors, and since that locale is less than appealing, having the festival relocated to the beautiful marina park was the smartest move whoever runs the show could've made! One didn't mind the cheesy merchandise, or the dearth of food vendors when one could sit on the sea wall and just take in the view.
Downtown Fort Pierce has much to offer in addition to the marina and the park. There are shops and restaurants, as well as the splendid Sunrise Theater, which offers first class performances.
It's a beautiful little part of town in which to stroll, and whether you're new to the area, just visiting...or like many of us,too caught up in our daily lives to take the time to appreciate what's just outside our front door....you owe it to yourself to visit downtown Fort Pierce and enjoy all it has to offer.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Interesting Spanish architecture, and home of many fishing vessels. Totally different atmosphere between the old town and commercial district closer to I-95.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Downtown Fort Pierce has been going through a wonderful transformation over the past decade turning it into a great family destination. The Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings is great, along with the craft market directly across the street from it.

1  Thank bandora
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I have seen the transformation going on in this small Fl. town since 2007, when I moved to PSL. It is close to Hutchinson Is. Boating, and all the water sports you want, beaches, restaurants , not over crowded(Yet). I love the treasure coast.