“TRIED TO SCAM US TOO - Avoid this place”
Review of Super 8 Ft. Pierce

Super 8 Ft. Pierce
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed there for a couple of nights and the manager suddenly accused us of having a pet. I just saw another review where they were also accused of having a pet (wish I would have seen that before we stayed there!) They started saying they had "pictures" but when I asked to see the "pictures" or talk to the "witnesses," they couldn't produce anything. I think this place must just try to scam people to make some extra money. What I don't understand is if they believe someone has a pet, why they don't just come and knock on the door and ask to look in the room while you're there, or even have the cleaning people check it out when you're not there. I mean, it would be easy enough to prove if they really thought you did have a pet, wouldn't it ? It's strange that they just accuse you of something with no evidence whatsoever. Very strange indeed, and especially when I see another reviewer had the same issue. The office staff was unprofessional, unfriendly and rude - and they do not speak or understand english very well either, so be careful of what you say because they will misinterpret it. I had to repeat things several times over before they really understood what I was saying (which also goes back to the other reviewer saying that they said the word "kids" and the manager thought they said "kittens."). It also wasn't the cleanest place I've ever stayed and it was in a very industrial part of town - a bit "shady" looking. Let's just say I wouldn't want to go walking after dark in this area (would barely want to walk in daylight hours). The "breakfast" was awful and the office always had a funny smell to it. Needless to say, we will absolutely NOT be staying there ever again. It's the first time I've ever had a hotel try to scam a fee out of me - I hope this place doesn't speak of all Super 8's or we won't ever be staying at a Super 8 ever again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Will W

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Booked at 1am for 2am arrival, reception guy was very helpful and even volunteered to let us check out a little late. Rooms were not fancy but clean and included a fridge & microwave.
Breakfast wasn't impressive, but not bad.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank caseynshan
Reviewed 24 March 2012

After we had been there for 5 days, my husband tried to extend our stay by 1 day. When he went to the office, the manager suddenly started claiming we had a pet and tried to force us to pay $250 for a "pet fee." If he really thought there was a pet, why didn't he come to our room to talk to us or see if there was a pet ? I mean, we had been there 5 days. As my husband was talking to him, the manager began pointing his finger in an accusing manner at my husband and claimed my husband "just said" he had "2 kittens" when in fact my husband said "2 kids." The man obviously didn't speak or understand english very well. Then he claimed he saw us "carrying a bag in and out every day". My young children and father were staying at a relative's house nearby, but their luggage stayed with us so I could pick out their clothes. Each day I carried clean clothes/snacks/beach towels to them. And each evening, I came back with their dirty clothes. So, that was his "proof" of a pet - the fact that we walked in and out with a bag ?? We begged him to come to the room and show us any evidence of a pet - any hair on the beds or carpet. Conveniently, he said the linens had already been taken. I asked him to retrieve the dirty linens or find any pet hair on the carpets. He could produce no evidence, yet said his "staff" were witnesses to pet hair on the beds. Hmmm, the same staff that is on his payroll are going to be "witnesses" -- I guess so !!! How many other guests has he tried to pull this on?? And although in light of everything else, this is a minor issue to mention, but the "continental breakfast" was awful and the front office always smelled of Indian food. Many times, the doors were locked and you couldn't even get into the office. I saw people trying to check in that had to wait for someone to come to the door, and it was in the middle of the day ! Our room didn't even have a remote control to the TV. My husband had to ask twice over 2 days before they ever gave us one. And although on my reservation, I stated there would be 2 adults and 2 children, we only had 2 towels in the bathroom !! It was a good thing that the remainder of the evenings my children stayed with a relative because I would have had to beg for more towels ! The staff was rude and unprofessional. I won't ever make the mistake of staying there again. Absolutely THE WORST hotel experience we've ever had. We left without staying the last night, even though we paid for it. Don't EVER stay at the Super 8 hotel in Ft. Pierce Florida !!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tidefans14
FtPierceGM, Manager at Super 8 Ft. Pierce, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Thank you for staying with us.
We do remember your stay in the room directly across from our lobby. An independant contractor (painter) called your animal cage to our attention, asking if we allowed pets.
We do not, but since you did have cats in the cage, you should have been charged. the cleaning fee
Several staff members also saw this, and one took a phograph.

We make great efforts to keep the rooms clean and comfortable for all guests, which is why we cannot allow animals.
As a final note, you may remember you were not charged for these pets in the end.

There was no scam involved, and I regret your untrue comments.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Clean room, reasonable price, get a room away from US 1, less road noice. Near shopping and area attractions.

Room Tip: Get one in the back, less road noice
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jay34144
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Quick stay, easy check in, clean rooms. Good value!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank SPXW_CL_Traveler
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Worst hotel experience ever!!!

We arrived there at night, had mentioned a late check-in with reservation and called them maybe 20 minutes before our arrival, still had to wait 10 minutes before someone came to the night desk after we rang the bell.
We were welcomed by an intense odor of indian food and spices coming through the little hole in the night desk we got the room keys through. I can only imagine how it is when you're inside and have to eat your breakfast there...

We went to the first room they offered us and came into a sauna. It was hotter inside than outside because the A/C was turned off. We turned it on but I guess it would have taken hours to cool down the room from over 100°F.
First thing I always do is inspect the beds...and here the bed was extremely dirty. There were brown stains all over the linen and long black hair in the bed and on the pillows.
We complained and got another room with two beds this time. Same thing, A/C was turned off, around 100°F in the room and both ! beds were dirty. There were dark stains and yellow stains like urine in the beds.

We ended up cancelling our stay there, had a 20 minute discussion with the lady at the night desk but got our money back from expedia where we booked the room with.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Marsu12
Management response:Responded 20 October 2011

We apologise that you were not happy with any of our rooms - The problems you mentioned are not typical.
We take pride in keeping our hotel clean, and hope you give us another chance to meet your lodging needs in Ft Pierce.

Reviewed 25 July 2011

My family and I stayed at the Super 8 in Fort Pierce last week and it was a wonderful stay. Very impressed with how clean the rooms were compared to other Super 8 motels that I have stayed in. The manager was very friendly and courteous. I will recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Fort Pierce.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank danpage06
Management response:Responded 20 October 2011

Thank you for your kind review, we certainly appreciate your business.
Please stop and stay with us again when you are in our area.
We look forward to seeing you