“Best Customer Service, Good clean room for the price”

Motel 6 Fort Pierce
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Atlanta, GA
“Best Customer Service, Good clean room for the price”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed at the Motel 6 in Fort Pierce during a travel assignment there in October 2011. From the moment I arrived, the customer service was inpecable! The front desk clerk was extremely pleasant and helpful and provided everything she could to make my stay pleasant from requested information about local restaurants and activities to providing change to do my laundry. The room was clean and certainly a good deal for the money. Traveling with a pet is often difficult because many hotels either will not allow pets or charge an outlandish fee to have a pet. It is always nice to know that if my pet comes with me, I can rely on Motel 6 to not "stick it to me" with respect to pet fees. The room was as clean as any I have stayed in that did not allow pets. The hotel is a bit older than some in the area, but for the money and the fact they don't charge anything extra for Fido, it's a great deal!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank deacaro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
ALABAMA
Reviewed 24 February 2011

Let me preface my review with the fact that a new manager is in place, knows the motel has problems, and seems determined to fix them. She also issued us a certificate for a free future stay at any Motel 6.

This motel had bad reviews in 2008 & 2009, BUT - we've all seen ratings evolve with staff and ownership changes. So the 4 out of 5 review from September 2010 made me believe things had changed for the better in the intervening year.

NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH.

Black mold on the bathroom wall, a towel that looked as if somebody had wiped the floor with it was draped over the shower curtain rod, the blankets were so old / nasty that they were stiff. It was late so we threw most of the bedding on the floor, turned up the heat and made the best of a bad situation.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JAMESD843
Fort Pierce, Florida
Reviewed 24 September 2010

I have been told that Motel 6 has a charter to be the least expensive property in their area and all evidence I have says this is true. If you want some level of consistancy and reliability, this is a good place to stay.
I was here 8 days and used their special weekly package which cannot be beat in terms of price.
This is nothing fancy. But its not bare minimum either. I have stayed in more expensive places with less going for them.
Don't expect royal treatment. They save money by having no frequent user group, no notepads or pens, soap, but no other toiletries, and, in this case, charge a small fee for WiFi.

I had one of my adult Golden Retrievers with me and there is no charge for pets, but a previous guest had allowed a cat or cats to spray in one corner of hte room and this odor is impossible to remove, so I bought a spray and used it every day before I left the room. The Motel staff also came in one day and sprayed again, but it will be a long time before that smell is gone.

Out of 8 days, the maids "forgot" my room three days running. Staff apologized and compensated me adequately.

Towels and bedding were fine.
Coffee available each morning.Free.
Lots of ice from working machines.
Plenty of free parking.
Older, 2 story buildings so there was some noise at night, especially from room overhead.
Cracker Barrel restaurant next door.
Plenty of area of exercise a dog without worry.

Summary: I have been there before and will go back again for the cheapest overnight stays available.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank jjstives
Grayson,Ky
Reviewed 17 September 2009

We arrived a bit late in the evening, about 8:00 PM. We were exhausted so got a room for the night. The room was so dirty I slept in my clothes on the bed spread. It smelled moldy and by morning my eyes were swollen and I had a sore throat. I have alergies. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank diana407
Tennessee
Reviewed 14 March 2009

We travel often and have stayed with Motel 6 inns many times, so I do not have unreal expectations of what to expect considering the prices, etc, HOWEVER, the Motel 6 at Ft Pierce, Florida is the worst motel I have ever experienced! After a long day of travel (about 9 hours), we were greeted by the rudest third shift desk clerk possible that did not want to rent the room for the price that we already had confirmed with motel 6 national reservations. Thank goodness we had a copy of the confirmation showing the price and our info that we had the motel 6 reservations agent email to us when we made the initial reservation. Then she could not count back change to us when we paid her with cash (instead of just having her do a no brainer by swiping a credit card to her computer like most check-ins do) and seemed angry that she might have to think. She finally took a piece of paper and tried to figure it out, so my son showed her what was due back! Then when we got to the room, only one of the two keys we received actually worked. We were so exhausted that we tried to put that all behind us and just call it a night to get some rest. If it had not have been after 1:30 a.m., we would have just turned around and found another motel after seeing the room we had just paid for. The carpet was filthy. And don't just blame it on being a pet friendly inn. LaQuinta is also a pet friendly inn and they are always clean and fantastic!!! So have the other pet friendly lodges we have chosen because we will not stay at a motel if our dog is not welcomed also. Back to this motel 6....the mattresses were so worn out that if you sat on the end of the bed it tossed you back into the center of the bed, as it also did when you tried to lay down on it in a normal sleeping position. Everything sank into the center of the bed....and it was the same for both beds in our room!! Thank goodness there was only two of us...one to use each bed...or it would have been impossible for two people to lay down on these beds. When I turned back the bedspread, the blanket had little holes in it and looked like an old Army blanket from the VietNam Era!!! The sheets were yellowed with age. I couldn't bare to sleep between those sheets, so I threw the covers back up on the bed and slept on top of the spread with my clothes on and threw a beach towel that we had with us over me for a cover. My son (that was traveling with me) did the same, since his bed looked the same. When I went to the AC to adjust the temperature in the room, I found two unopened condoms laying in plain sight just inside the unit where the air entered the room. Guess they thought they would just leave them in the room for their next guests!!! At least they were unopened...right!!!!!?!?!? This room was a room with two full size beds standard for four people to stay in. Thank God there was only two of us....since there were only two "bath" towels, two hand towels, and one wash cloth. But you can bet that we did not need them! We tried to get some uneasy sleep wondering what things we hadn't seen in our room might come crawling out if we slept, and left in the morning without even taking a shower. (Oh, and the remote for the TV did not work either. Guess the maids don't ever check batteries!) We placed a chair up against the back of the entrance door to our room because one of the door locks didn't work. This place could be used as a set for a horror movie when if comes to traveling! Save yourself some peace of mind and try one of the other motels in the Ft Pierce area. Their price may be $10 or $15 dollars more....but it is worth the difference!!!!!! We have to be back in Ft. Pierce in April 2009. We would not stay at this Motel 6 if the rooms were free!!!!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank docsgirl
Zurich CH
Reviewed 16 March 2008

We arrived on a Sunday afternoon and apparently the night before, the motel was full - so we understand that there was an extra work load for the cleaning maids. As a result, our (pre-booked) room was not ready by the official check-in time (3pm). We were asked to come again at around 4pm.

So we decided to wait by the pool where we could watch the work progress of the maids. That was very interesting: Honestly, I have rarely seen such slowly working staff before. It looked as if they were sleep walking in slow motion. And they seemed to randomly pick rooms to clean instead of cleaning the pre-booked rooms first (for which customers are already waiting on the premises!). Apparently they were not advised by the front desk to do so or they ignored it.

Our room wasn't even ready by 4:30pm because the maid only started to clean it and then decided to leave it half way done and to continue with another room! That was the moment I went to see the front desk again (for thr third time). The clerk was always very friendly but no appologies and she didn't seem to be worried about this at all. It makes me think that this is normal practice there. Sad.

A word to the room: Size and interior is very basic but ok for the price (slightly below average Motel 6 standard). The room was not really clean but just acceptable for one night (comparable to an average backpacker's hostel). The a/c was working but the whole device as well as the control knobs are covered with sticky dust - as if it was not wiped clean for a looong time.

And just another detail: Two out of two ice machines at the front desk were out of order.....which did not surprise us anymore...

So to sum it up: It's ok to stay there for one night and/or if you are travelling on a tight budget. If not, stay elswhere.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Staff commitment
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank travel_OMB_bug
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2008

Motel 6 are no frills across the board, and most times you know what you're getting. This motel is no exception and I would have no problem recommending it to others.

The room was newly refurbished and was a decent size. The air conditioning was efficient, and we had a very pleasant stay. The shower was good, the carpet new and the check in efficient.

I don't like the idea of so many dogs staying in the rooms, it seems to be abused somewhat with several huge dogs sometimes staying in each room, but at least the place seemed to still be clean after its refurb.

• Liked — Clean and good value
  • Disliked — Too many dogs being allowed to stay in the rooms, should have designated pet rooms for people with allergies.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple