“Nice room, good motel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Nice room, good motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2008

Motel 6 are no frills across the board, and most times you know what you're getting. This motel is no exception and I would have no problem recommending it to others.

The room was newly refurbished and was a decent size. The air conditioning was efficient, and we had a very pleasant stay. The shower was good, the carpet new and the check in efficient.

I don't like the idea of so many dogs staying in the rooms, it seems to be abused somewhat with several huge dogs sometimes staying in each room, but at least the place seemed to still be clean after its refurb.

• Liked — Clean and good value
  • Disliked — Too many dogs being allowed to stay in the rooms, should have designated pet rooms for people with allergies.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Drag_race_girl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2006

this was the only hotel I could find for less than $100. the rate was $54 in jan. during the peak of tourist season. Was pleasently surprised by the hotel. check in was quick, got the ground floor I asked for. the room was very clean, as was the bathroom. shower was good with excellent water pressure. I would stay here again if I needed a hotel in ft pierce.

• Stayed January 2006, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2004

My stay here was okay, but there were a few problems. First, it took an unusually long period of time for the desk clerk to check me in. There was nobody else in the lobby, and there was no reason for the explanation (perhaps it was that I interrupted the desk clerk who was obviously on a personal phone call when I came into the lobby).
Parking was also very crowded at the motel, there was not ample space for the number of rooms at the motel.
The room was basic. The TV worked fine, there was plenty of hot water for the shower, but a BIG NEGATIVE: I killed a spider I found in the tub and another bug near the TV. That was a big turn off for me.
Overall, the outside of the motel was well-kept and it was quiet.
I think the rooms need to be sprayed for pests more often and the room had a stale smell when I first arrived, but it was quickly cleared-up once I cranked up the a/c, which also worked fine.
I asked for a wake-up call and the phone never rang, so I don't know if the clerk forgot or the phone's ringer didn't work. Luckily, I set my cellphone alarm as a back-up.
My stay was not terrible, but I would definitely consider other options during my next visit to the area.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member