“Foul.”

Motel 6 Fort Pierce
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
“Foul.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

This is another motel 6 that needs remodeling. We had gotten sick while traveling for work found online because we new our dog was allowed. Looked decent on outside was ridiculous on inside. Our room had this horrible odor cannot even describe think it was old cleaning products? Beds were old and bedding was worn out. Had tried to tough it out was sick couldn't take room anymore opted for another. Motel 6 needs to fix there motels.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Joseph N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Silver Spring
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We travel with our 3 dogs and often dread having to find a decent motel. This Motel 6 was a pleasant surprise. Room 109, which we stayed in, was updated and clean and a great value for the money, especially since Motel 6 does not charge for pets as other similar hotels do. Maryanne (think that is her name) at the check-in desk is unbelievable. Check in was smooth and welcoming and she even called after we got to our room to ensure everything was ok. I think that is exceptional service. For the money, I would readily recommend this hotel. If you are looking for luxury accommodations, this is not the place nor does it pretend to be.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Winter Haven, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

We travel a great deal for business and sporting competitions. Motel 6 is a regular part of our travel plans throughout the year to keep on budget and yet still manage to have a pleasant stay. It's a bonus for us, because we normally travel with at least one of our dogs, so their pet policy is wonderful. We have stayed at Motel 6 locations across the country and this is only the second one we've found to be sorely lacking.

In this particular instance I booked online through the Motel 6 site and reserved a room with 2 queen size beds. The site stated rooms were equipped with fridge and microwave. When traveling for competitions, nutritional balance is important so we always book a room, which provides this convenience so we can take our own food. I also asked for a room on the ground floor facing the parking lot if possible. At check in on a Thursday evening I was assigned a room with one full size bed, no appliances and on the 2nd floor. I pointed out the error and the desk clerk was very friendly and attempted to remedy the situation to the best of his abilities, but I was informed that their facility did not have ANY rooms which provided a fridge or microwave and the only double occupancy room available was on the second floor, pool side. Their facility also only offers full size beds.

We went to our room where we found that the door did not close completely. It was bowed in towards the room from the top of the door and did not set correctly in the frame or latch, as though at some point it had been forced open and never repaired/replaced. Our room was at the top of the stairs so other guests coming up could be heard and seen the entire time through the space in the door. When I asked about the door and its safety I was told, "It has a chain latch, you'll be safe enough."

The room we were in was quite small. The beds touched on either side of the wall, and wall unit AC under the window. The space between the beds was just wide enough to walk between them. The desk chair was broken and unsafe to sit in. The width of space between the desk/TV top and the foot of the beds was wide enough to walk through, but still cramped feeling. The room was most definitely clean, there is no doubt about that. The janitorial staff is doing their job well, but the bathroom was in need of some refreshing in regards to tile and fixtures. The toilet was broken as was the shower head. The AC unit was unbelievably loud so much so it was difficult to hear the other person in the room. The room being small did not help the situation and was much like having a piece of lawn equipment running at all times.

I was also surprised by the hour at which our room was cleaned. Most places the staff has knocked on the guest's door by 11 or 12 to ask if they would like service. At the location, anticipating that being the norm, we tried to structure our times away with the dogs so the staff would have free reign of the room and we would not be under foot. Instead we would keep coming back, checking, leaving, coming back again and leaving again. At one point I simply declined service, because my son needed to rest. The fact that I declined the service was highly frowned upon and I was given a good deal of attitude by the front desk as though I had somehow inconvenienced them. Cleaning didn't happen till at least after 2:30pm, which I found odd since check in was at 3pm. Perhaps they rotate which rooms have check in first, but it was highly unusual.

While dining in local area restaurants and talking to our waitresses, when asked where we were staying we were met with looks of disgust, which at first I didn't understand, because from the road, while yes it looks older, it still looks clean and in good order. One waitress actually said, "Good luck with that. Be safe."

For us, the worst part of our stay began Friday night after 10pm. The place suddenly began to get busy with people yelling in the parking lots, locals just hanging out and loitering. It was very loud, people checking in, leaving their doors standing open, playing music at high levels and harassing/being rude to other guests. No one made any attempt to put any stop to it and when we went to the office area it seemed by the actions of the staff that this was completely normal.

Saturday night was the epitome of unpleasant, as we did not get back to our room till later, near 10pm and were walking our dogs when we really realized what was going on. There were serious criminal issues taking place and while, yes, of course, that does happen everywhere, in every hotel, this was glaringly obvious. As in, some of them left their doors open and you could clearly see what was going on. In the middle of the night, around 2:30am, someone went to different doors/windows of rooms and barked/howled and banged on the doors along our corridor on the 1st and 2nd floors. It woke me up immediately and sent my one dog into an aggressive barking fit. I looked out the window and did notice that the doors I could see he went to were the ones I knew also had dogs. It was unnerving as it gave the feeling that the rooms were being watched. Around 3:15am someone tried to get into our room.

We had pre-paid at check-in for a four day stay. We left early with no refund (nor did I ask for one, because I just wanted out of there). I had called around to other hotels, but everyone was booked. We decided to stay as long as we had to for competition, but instead of taking our next night to rest up for the drive home as we normally do, we chose to go to the event all day and then drive during the night back home instead of enduring another night at that location.

The only response I received from the staff was a shrug and, "Sorry your weren't happy."

I love to save money. I am a budget conscious person. While I enjoy extra comfort, I would prefer to save the cash and lay my head some place clean. I'm okay with things being older or a bit worn so long as its well kept, but safety is something I am not willing to compromise on particularly when I have my son with me. Granted he is 16, but he's still my child.

The first thing he asked when he woke up Sunday morning was if we could go to the event and then he would drive home. "You don't have to drive Mom. I will - but I really don't want to stay here another night. This place is seriously not cool. I can't let you take the dogs out there at night." He can't let ME? I thought it was the other way around.

Room Tip: Rooms in the building adjacent to the office on the left in the front building would seem to be the...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ConstantTraveler226
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

I've stayed here in the past only when money is tight and a maximum of $45 is what you can afford. Upon check in I asked for a "clean room with cold air", this was at 12:45pm. I was told "I don't know which rooms are cleaned yet never mind cold"... That is the basic "Customer Service" to expect. If you like a dirty environvent replete with... BLACK WIDOW's and SPIDERS EVERYWHERE. SUGAR ANTS IN EVERY ROOM, SRUG DEALERS AND PRISTITUTES SOLICITING YOU ANYTIME YOU LEAVE YOUR ROOM. An ICE MACHINE THAT DISPENSES INSECTS FROZEN IN YOUR ICE CUBES. THE ROOMS ARE DIRTY AND THE TV's SMALL AND DISTORTED. THE 2 WOMAN AT THE FRINT DESK TOLD ME THE ROOMS AREN'T CLEAN YET (This was at almost 1:00PM, yea the afternoon! A really poor, almost snotty attitude as if you were NOT WELCOME at this motel. LOUD NOISY GUESTS make it impossible to relax. Also, rap music with thunderous bass shaking your bed. And did I mention the SPIDERS EVERYWHERE! THE HOUSEKEEPING STAFF WILL WAKE YOU UP EARLY WITH THEIR CARTS BANGING AWAY. The front desk staff needs to be trained in Customer Service, and how to treat a guest. One gentleman working at night was polite and helpful, I give credit where credit is due. So if your budget is over $45. My opinion is to STAY AWAY!

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank RCall
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

I read these reviews and wonder sometimes what people expect -- they pay 35 bucks for a night's stay and complain there's no breakfast buffet or wet bar. Or that a bug flew in the room -- in Florida! Anyway, I stayed one week at this Motel 6 which was a special rate and the deal was great. I'm not a rich guy and I always stay in the cheapest motels. This Motel 6, though basic in its amenities, was clean and everything was in working order. The TV only has basic cable, but there's a swimming pool, laundry room, ice machine and free weak coffee. The room and bathroom and linens and such were clean. The bed was firm. No stinky smells! Very impressive was much of the staff and no one seemed to be a slouch. Many were very friendly and helpful and all did their job, I even saw the manager picking up cigarette butts! The motel isn't catering to high society but although a few people staying there seemed a little shady, I felt safe and there was no noise and no one bothered me. Several truckers had their rigs parked there -- I'll take that as a good sign.

Anyway, at the weekly rate i was paying 10 bucks less a night than the next cheapest motel in the area, which didn't look to be as decent. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: I have no idea.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Willie T
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed at the Motel 6 in Fort Pierce during a travel assignment there in October 2011. From the moment I arrived, the customer service was inpecable! The front desk clerk was extremely pleasant and helpful and provided everything she could to make my stay pleasant from requested information about local restaurants and activities to providing change to do my laundry. The room was clean and certainly a good deal for the money. Traveling with a pet is often difficult because many hotels either will not allow pets or charge an outlandish fee to have a pet. It is always nice to know that if my pet comes with me, I can rely on Motel 6 to not "stick it to me" with respect to pet fees. The room was as clean as any I have stayed in that did not allow pets. The hotel is a bit older than some in the area, but for the money and the fact they don't charge anything extra for Fido, it's a great deal!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank deacaro
ALABAMA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

Let me preface my review with the fact that a new manager is in place, knows the motel has problems, and seems determined to fix them. She also issued us a certificate for a free future stay at any Motel 6.

This motel had bad reviews in 2008 & 2009, BUT - we've all seen ratings evolve with staff and ownership changes. So the 4 out of 5 review from September 2010 made me believe things had changed for the better in the intervening year.

NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH.

Black mold on the bathroom wall, a towel that looked as if somebody had wiped the floor with it was draped over the shower curtain rod, the blankets were so old / nasty that they were stiff. It was late so we threw most of the bedding on the floor, turned up the heat and made the best of a bad situation.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple