“A Very Good Place to Stay”

Comfort Suites Fort Pierce
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed here Jan. 19 2014 and had also stayed here last Jan.2014. We were on the 4th floor this time and the room was very nice but not as nice as the one we had on the 1st floor last year. The beds are very comfortable and the bedding is very nice as are the pillows .We had 2 Queen beds as my Mom travels with us. The staff here are very nice to deal with and very helpful if you need to know where to find somewhere to eat ,shop or whatever you are looking for. The continental breakfast was good. We look forward to staying here again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank cruiser154995
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Fort Pierce

Reviewed 27 February 2014

This is the second time we have been disappointed with a Comfort Inn and/or Suites.The last time was in Tallahassee and there is a review on that one. Our room was old and out of date and smelled. My husband tried to open a window to air it out, but of course, the windows wouldn't open. Walls were dirty and bedding was old. Something had been torn out of the front of the room, holes in the carpet where it was supposed to be.

When we checked out, there was a charge for Safe w/ltd. warranty. I told the front desk clerk we did not use a safe and wanted the charge taken off. She tried to explain to us that this was not a charge for a safe bu,t in fact,is a tax the hotel charges. I asked her if it was a tax, why wasn't it marked "tax" and she didn't know. She was just trying to explain something she didn't understand either. This is just another way for the hotel to get more money out of its guests. Will not stay here or any Comfort Inn and/or Suites again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Located near the main freeway (good location if that's what you need) with restaurants and gas stations nearby, this is a good place. Clean, good service, good breakfast, comfortable beds. Very affordable, good value! Our main problem with this hotel is that it calls itself "Suites", so when we booked a suite with two beds and sofabed, we expected an actual suite, i.e. a living room with small kitchen and separate bedroom (this is what many other well-known chains call suites versus rooms), but in this case, the suites are simply larger bedrooms with sitting areas, a small fridge and microwave. We will not stay at any Comfort Suites anymore when we are looking for a real suite.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2014

The hotel appears to have been renovated as far as the carpets and paint. However the curtains, especially the black out curtains are extremely worn with multiple spots showing light through the curtain. AC worked ok but the beds, blankets, and pillows need to be replaced as well as the towels. Our room had a broken tap in the bathroom sink that spun around in 360 degrees and to setting seemed to give you hot water. General maintenance appears to be lacking as there were two lights burnt out in the room and two burnt out in the hallway and the desk chair back was broken and flopping loose. Breakfast was good with the usual carbohydrate fair accompanied by powered eggs and mystery meat patties.

Room Tip: Stay here if you can't get a room at the other Comfort Suites
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

I would have given it 5 if the front desk would have been as good as everything else. New carpets, clean, nice. Bed comfortable, no sheets on pullout bed, that is the complaint concerning front desk, they were not helpful. Hard to find without GPS

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Nice property, clean and well appointed. I'm very picky about hotels and do a thorough inspection of the room before even unpacking my things. The lobby is very nice, looks like a brand new hotel. Front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. Walking through the hotel to my room I couldn't help but get the feeling that this was a older hotel that received a makeover. I usually stay in Hamptons, using Comfort Suites as my second choice. Overall I've been very happy with Comfort Suites. The room was spacious and clean, A/C worked very well. I hate to say it but the room reminded me of Laquinta rooms just because of the way it was laid out. The TV in the room was an old tube TV. The desk phone looked pretty old and there was another phone in the bathroom mounted behind the toilet. The floor tile in the bathroom looked fairly old but in good condition, compared to the newer granite vanity. The tub surround was more or less large pieces of granite glued to the wall, the tub was an older tub. Regardless of all of this, the room was clean and comfortable, pillows were clean and not stained. There was a little bit of hair on the floor but otherwise the bathroom was clean. The door had a decent gap under it and I could hear noise through it all night long. This is in no way a poor choice for a hotel, just had a weird feel. There are several hotels on this road but this was was more or less empty - almost no cars in the parking lot and hardly anyone inside. It's a nice hotel but it won't be my first choice next time I'm in that area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Hugh J
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Comfortable place, friendly staff always wanting to help.
Spent a week so it was nice to have the couch and fridge and microwave.
Nice breakfast, Always full. Close to I95 and Turnpike.
Eat at Costa Azul Mexican Resturant just a few miles away, good food.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends