“Without a Doubt, the WORST hotel I have ever stayed at!”

Royal Inn Beach Hutchinson Island
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Normally I do about 10 road trips a year throughout Florida. I always stay at a chain hotel in Ft Pierce between I-95 and the Turnpike. Decided to try a Beachfront Property. Worst decision I have ever made. This hotel is NOT on the beach. The area is under construction and the detour goes right behind this property. No big deal. Well, this hotel is near a biker bar and we heard Harleys rumbling down the road til about 1am. Our room overlooked a backyard filled with broken down boats and trailers. The balcony was filled with sand, bugs and a filled ashtray. The a/c unit sounded worse than a dump truck dumping its load. The room is very small. The carpet is worn out. The closet is 12 inches wide with no hangers. The bathtub had hair in it and plumbing stains. The walls and the doors were loaded with scuff marks. The cable TV is worse than Basic Cable. The microwave had stains all over the top. No luggage stand. The bed springs made squeaky noise every time I moved. My back was so sore the next morning I ate Advil like it was candy. The breakfast is a complete joke....bagels, cereal, or make your own waffles. We asked for water and you have to pay $1.60 a bottle or you can drive down the road to Walgreens and get a 24 bottles for $1.99. No brainer here! Oh yes, one more nice thing....the bed sheets had stains all over them. I would have rather slept in my car on the Turnpike Plaza then stay here. I learned my lesson the hard way. What was I thinking? NEVER again!!!

Room Tip: Avoid this property is my helpful tip. Way overpriced. No way this property is a 2.5 star. More like...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nocurfu53
Hotelie, General Manager at Royal Inn Beach Hutchinson Island, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

We apologize if you did not enjoy your stay. We rarely get a 1 star review. Please note that we are undergoing a full renovation as we speak which includes a full guestroom renovation, specifically; new wood floor tiling throughout, new bedding package, new custom valance, drapery, sheers and blackouts, Keurig coffee makers, smartphone alarm clocks, easy to reach usb and power plug table side adapters, new paint theme and much more. In addition, a new resort style pool with large sundeck, beach exit shower facilities, cabanas and plenty of lounge chaises will be ready in Jan 2014 as part of our commitment to increase guest satisfaction. We are also adding an ice machine room, gift shop, expanding our breakfast area and completing a full exterior renovation. In addition to our property renovations, the City has been spending millions to redo the Jetty Park and Boardwalk, enhance streetscapes with 10 foot sidewalks and bicycle paths, beautiful roundabouts and much more. These ongoing City enhancements are 95% complete and we welcome the new additions.

There are newer reviews for Royal Inn Beach Hutchinson Island

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend's family lives in Fort Pierce, so we visit them ad we wanted Our privacy so we rentes a room in Royal Inn. The hotel was rey nice and clean. Would need a little update on courtains, but everything else very good. We paid $79 for a night, but i think that is a little too much for August in Fort Pierce... The view from the room was beautiful! Ocean view. I would totally stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My family and I stayed there very close to the beach best price going your dollar goes very far here.The staff is very friendly the rooms are very clean and those beds are so comfortable,in all we were very with our stay here and plan on returning a lot for weekend get a ways.Thank you Charles and Bonnie and our son.

Room Tip: East side to see the sunrise
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Well you can see the beach about 300 yards out. It's a quaint little place. Not like most places we stay. Staff was friendly. It's a simple place not a lot of amenities. Very convenient to several local watering holes, and eateries. Also close to manatee area. They didn't have a pool. Not sure I would take the wife for a vacation stay, but it worked for work travel.

Room Tip: I think there are only 18 rooms or something like that. Ask for top floor ocean view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We have usually gone to the keys for weekend get-a-ways, but our usual place has been sold.
We tried Royal Inn a month ago, had a good experience so decided to go up there again.
We stay in Room D in the 4 room building. Its a 2 bedroom small apartment on the 2nd floor.
The room is good, full kitchen(not much for cooking supplies though), balcony faces south with a view of the beach and ocean over the dunes.
We are able to bring our dogs which is a huge plus.
The first night it was raining off and on, but we dealt with it. BUT, sometime overnight the AC went out in our room and by 9am the temp i the room was 84 degrees. No fans and no breeze. They did contact a repair man but by 2pm the AC was still not working.
We decided to go home.
Will definately go up again, things happen.
The beach is very different than what we have in Ft Lauderdale, but was great to be able to bring the dogs to the beach and let them run around. Huge bonus.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I was here for 5 days and found it perfect ! Clean, Friendly, Location A+ , Bonnie the chambermaid was very sweet, always done a fantastic job and always cheerful ! This place for the price was was a great place. I did see some negative reviews and am sure those persons where just nit pickin (there always some that do this just to complain) They where either Snobs or just down right complainers....this is a well located and all around great place to stay ! I absolutley loved it ~! Thank you for the hospitality.
Joanne
Scotland Ontario Canada
PS: will return fro my next vacation !

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My wife recently stayed at the hotel for a month while she worked during our long relocation process to Florida. The hotel was perfect for her first bout of Florida living with the beach and restaurants close by (within walking distance). The room was clean, internet access was free, along with a nice patio upon which to enjoy breakfast, and a grill for guest use if wanting to grill a fresh catch or what have you.

Terri and her staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. Each and every member of the staff are to be commended for providing my wife the "home away from home" feeling. THANK YOU!

Room Tip: Not much of the Florida view from the west side of the hotel (overlooks residences), but how much ti...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Vistana Beach Club
#1 of 1 in Hutchinson Island
Hampton Inn & Suites of Ft. Pierce
Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites

Been to Royal Inn Beach Hutchinson Island? Share your experiences!