“Cheap...and it shows”

Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Cheap...and it shows”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

As noted, the cost is cheap, but it showed. Old AC unit in the room, breakfast area was cramped and some food was old. One electrical outlet in the room was lose (kinda scary). Cleaning lady was nice. And one counter staff person was helpful. Photos of the hotel are deceiving. Although you get an ocean view on the one side of the hotel, you also get to overlook the parking lot, a barren field, and the highway. And there was construction on the road near the hotel as well as in the hotel. I would prefer next time to stay in one of the hotels on the inlet or on the north side of the inlet perhaps.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 27 October 2013

you are walking distance to the beach (2 blocks max), and there are a few restaurants in walking distance as well. You can tell this hotel is putting some money back into the place, with granite counter tops, new floors, etc. This is also the only pet friendly hotel around which is why I chose it.
I hope they add some floor mats/ rugs for your feet because when you come back from the beach and there is tile in the room, the beach ends up in you bed, so a nice floor rug by the beds would really go a long way. I did not see any biker bars that another reviewer mentioned, maybe they just felt the ocean front restaurants should have been fancier? I thought they were great and fit the beach vibe of the area. All in all this is great bang for your buck.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pickle W
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We came for a family function in Ft Pierce and stayed one night. It was not that nice. Ants, near a biker bar. The people were nice but it just was not my ideal. I like a Hampton Inn, just a nice clean room. This just was not it for me.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hallandale Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Normally I do about 10 road trips a year throughout Florida. I always stay at a chain hotel in Ft Pierce between I-95 and the Turnpike. Decided to try a Beachfront Property. Worst decision I have ever made. This hotel is NOT on the beach. The area is under construction and the detour goes right behind this property. No big deal. Well, this hotel is near a biker bar and we heard Harleys rumbling down the road til about 1am. Our room overlooked a backyard filled with broken down boats and trailers. The balcony was filled with sand, bugs and a filled ashtray. The a/c unit sounded worse than a dump truck dumping its load. The room is very small. The carpet is worn out. The closet is 12 inches wide with no hangers. The bathtub had hair in it and plumbing stains. The walls and the doors were loaded with scuff marks. The cable TV is worse than Basic Cable. The microwave had stains all over the top. No luggage stand. The bed springs made squeaky noise every time I moved. My back was so sore the next morning I ate Advil like it was candy. The breakfast is a complete joke....bagels, cereal, or make your own waffles. We asked for water and you have to pay $1.60 a bottle or you can drive down the road to Walgreens and get a 24 bottles for $1.99. No brainer here! Oh yes, one more nice thing....the bed sheets had stains all over them. I would have rather slept in my car on the Turnpike Plaza then stay here. I learned my lesson the hard way. What was I thinking? NEVER again!!!

Room Tip: Avoid this property is my helpful tip. Way overpriced. No way this property is a 2.5 star. More like...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nocurfu53
Hotelie, General Manager at Royal Inn Beach Hutchinson Island, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
We apologize if you did not enjoy your stay. We rarely get a 1 star review. Please note that we are undergoing a full renovation as we speak which includes a full guestroom renovation, specifically; new wood floor tiling throughout, new bedding package, new custom valance, drapery, sheers and blackouts, Keurig coffee makers, smartphone alarm clocks, easy to reach usb and power plug table side adapters, new paint theme and much more. In addition, a new resort style pool with large sundeck, beach exit shower facilities, cabanas and plenty of lounge chaises will be ready in Jan 2014 as part of our commitment to increase guest satisfaction. We are also adding an ice machine room, gift shop, expanding our breakfast area and completing a full exterior renovation. In addition to our property renovations, the City has been spending millions to redo the Jetty Park and Boardwalk, enhance streetscapes with 10 foot sidewalks and bicycle paths, beautiful roundabouts and much more. These ongoing City enhancements are 95% complete and we welcome the new additions.

Travellers are raving about these Fort Pierce hotels

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend's family lives in Fort Pierce, so we visit them ad we wanted Our privacy so we rentes a room in Royal Inn. The hotel was rey nice and clean. Would need a little update on courtains, but everything else very good. We paid $79 for a night, but i think that is a little too much for August in Fort Pierce... The view from the room was beautiful! Ocean view. I would totally stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My family and I stayed there very close to the beach best price going your dollar goes very far here.The staff is very friendly the rooms are very clean and those beds are so comfortable,in all we were very with our stay here and plan on returning a lot for weekend get a ways.Thank you Charles and Bonnie and our son.

Room Tip: East side to see the sunrise
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Piner, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Well you can see the beach about 300 yards out. It's a quaint little place. Not like most places we stay. Staff was friendly. It's a simple place not a lot of amenities. Very convenient to several local watering holes, and eateries. Also close to manatee area. They didn't have a pool. Not sure I would take the wife for a vacation stay, but it worked for work travel.

Room Tip: I think there are only 18 rooms or something like that. Ask for top floor ocean view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Prestige Hotel Vero Beach
Prestige Hotel Vero Beach
#9 of 27 in Vero Beach
Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites

Been to Royal Inn Beach Hutchinson Island? Share your experiences!