“I'm sorry sir. I can only give you one towel per night per person HUH??”

Royal Inn Beach Hutchinson Island
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Delray Beach, Florida
“I'm sorry sir. I can only give you one towel per night per person HUH??”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Where do I begin to explain all the faults of this place?
We decide a suite for the 2 couples works for us. So we get into the hotel at about 2PM and find there are only 2 towels in the bathroom and there are 4 of us. So I go to the front desk and tell them we only have 2 towels in the room. She looks at me like I'm crazy and says, let me check that. She opens a box that has files in it and takes one folder out, reads it and says, "there should have been four in the room". No, I say, there are only 2. I said, I would like 6 more towels so we can use them for showering after the beach today as well as in the morning, She looks at me with a firm voice and says. 'sir, I'm sorry but I can only give you one towel per night person". I explain, I understand that it's only one night but its 2 days and I shower every day. She says, "this is a small hotel and I don't have enough towels to give any more than one towel per night per customer". I said, I understand your rules but can you make an exception? She says, yeah you know. "I'm sorry sir but only one towel per night per customer". I wanted to jump across the desk to smack her silly but refrained. Walked out scratching my head.
My wife has an idea, she goes back to the front desks and asks, "Can I have 4 pool towels?" She says sure and gives her 4 heavy beautiful towels that are easily used to dry ourseves off after a shower. You think she would have had that thought the first time???
Now, heres another interesting aspect to this place.
Big sign over the thermostat, "do not touch the air conditioning could turn off and make all guests uncomfortable". we think ok, its fairlycool in the room. We go to bed and the room goes to 79 degrees. My wife said, we can't touch the thermostat as mentioned on the sign. After trying to sleep for 2 hrs and sweat pouring off me, I said, screw it and turned the thermostat to 72. Guess what? The building didn't blow up. The room was nice and cool after just a few minutes. Did they want to save on electricity?? They sure didn't want us to make is cooler so that had to be it.
That's not all.
we had large ants on the walls which we had to clean off twice in a few hours.
The pillows were impossible to use because they were so high, my nexk was on a 90 degree angle.
Overall, I WOULD NEVER GO BACK and would warn those that are considering this place to find another, \
If the young lady at the desk was nicer and accommodating we all woruld have had a much better time.
BTW, breakfast was interesting as well.
One craft of coffee ad about 25 people. They ran out of juice twice in 20 minutes and needed to refill. They just refill a small amount at a time. There was no batter for the waffles and she had to get more and it was a long wait to make the waffle because there was only one grill and 25 waffles to be made.
Also, there was 4 slice toaster but only one side worked.
I'd rather sleep on the beach!

Oh, my room was adjacent to the pool and my room was light up like a Christmas tree because of all the lights in the pool area. I had to get a towel wrapped around my eyes or I would have never fallen asleep.

Room Tip: RUN RUN RUN to any other hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kalroy
Hotelie, General Manager at Royal Inn Beach Hutchinson Island, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
We apologize that you did not have a good experience. Let me begin by telling you the staff member that told you she could only give one towel per guest is no longer working at the hotel for obvious reasons. She was new and couldn't grasp the understanding of hospitality. We have plenty of towels, enough for 3 times as many rooms.

In regards to the thermostat in the suites, they are in the full control of the guest and we apologize if there was an misunderstanding.

In regards to your experience at breakfast, it was Labor Day weekend and a full house and we do refill as need with fresh items instead of make everything hours before. This is to enhance the guest experience. The juice machine that we offer is NOT from frozen concentrate (lasts forever) and is actually FRESH. Thus, it is replaced more than once during breakfast. Once again, we want our guests who are visiting Florida to have the best freshly squeezed orange juice.

We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will revisit us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
new york
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We booked this hotel about a month ago on hotels.com. We read in reviews that some of the rooms were renovated and some were not. We booked a 2 bedroom suite so there was plenty of room for the family. We got into the room and there was rodent droppings on the sheets. My son went to the front desk and the woman came up to see the rooms. She took pictures of the droppings as well as the other filth throughout the rooms. She was lovely and agreed to refund our money through hotels.com. They also advertise the beach is across the street. You can see the beach but it is a long walk- really a drive to the beach.

Room Tip: Apparently apartments A and B are renovated and they are planning on renovating C and D soon. (We h...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Fort Pierce hotels

Penn Run, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 August 2014

stayed a couple of days to relax with my husband rooms were clean,staff were friendly new pool great addition newly remodeled rooms were beautiful short walk to the beach and Restaurants will stay again .oh and it's pet friendly too!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bigrig13
Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just stayed 2 nights in room 303 and LOVED the ocean view. First hotel with ocean view room that I could afford so I was thrilled. Super convenient location, just a short walk to beach, Jetty Park, and a good place to eat and drink (Bluewater Grill). The hotel is older but being fixed up really nice. Small touches that I appreciated in room were makeup mirror and brass antique fixtures. Very pretty drapes, bedspread, and especially the beautiful ceiling fan. The A/C was the coldest that I've ever been able to get at a hotel. Really enjoyed being able to sit out on balcony and get some sun before checking out, because they let you check-out at 11am. Will definitely be returning, especially because they allow us to bring our 2 dogs!

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor on ocean side.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Travel_with_doggies
ft pierce FL
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Always a great time..staff is very helpful n nice...yes I'm a local and know the staff n i do know how hard they work to keep the inn clean n comfortable..i was one of the locals at the pool with the guest staying in rm 100 nd i assure you they had no problem with that rm they were there to party n party they did...with the locals n had a blast js...Olga a.k.a.Lisa repeated several times that it was just fine..it was the only rm left on the island to b had...way to much JD that day...anyway the place is great the times t fun n the price is rite...come see for urselves promise ur gonna luv it here

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank meanmamajean
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2014

As usual the pictures don't tell the truth about this property. We arrived to check in and I knew immediately this wasn't going to be fun. But since I was in town to visit family for just a couple of days I thought "How bad could it be?". The pictures on the website looked good and there was supposed to have been renovations recently.

Room 301 was old, rundown and dirty. The A/C unit was not working properly, the room phone was not working. I had to use my cellphone to call the front desk. The new guy at the desk had no clue what to do. He came up stairs with this "trainer" and essentially noting was fixed. The lady on the desk the next day was surly.

Supposedly when the sun went down everything would cool down. When you have 95 degree weather in Florida nothing cools down on its own. The first night was like sleeping in a sauna. I left it running full blast for the next two days & nights and it never got below 78 degrees.

The beds are very uncomfortable. I sat on the side of the bed and it sunk in like I was sitting in a hole. So the best thing I could say was the sheets were clean but scratchy and uncomfortable to sleep in for the first night. When you visit a "budget" hotel you can't really expect high thread count and down pillows.

The bathroom was minimal but the vent in the bathroom was covered in 2 inches of dust and dirt. I tried not to look up as it grossed me out.

The pool is "new" but the pool side chairs are super cheap and uncomfortable to sit in or lay in. One of them fell apart when I tried to move it in to the shade. The pool is also very small and only goes 5 feet deep. You have to sign out towels at the front desk and they were good enough.

You can walk about 2 blocks to get to the beach which is nice. Since the trip was during the week the beach was practically deserted which was nice. The local restaurants are good and will be reviewed separately.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room. Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank carries943
Hotelie, General Manager at Royal Inn Beach Hutchinson Island, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We did check the AC in your room and the issue was the cool air was blowing behind the drapes instead of into the room. We have purchased a redirector and that should solve the concern.

The hotel was gutted down to the concrete with new wood tiling flooring, new baseboards, new paint scheme, new custom drapery with sheers and blackouts, new TVs, Keurig coffeemakers, bedside USB and plug ports and new bedding package. Thus, there are very few items in the hotel that were not replaced.

All public space was renovated as well and a brand new pool was added with new pool furniture. We even have a new key card system, new cable system, new security system and phone system.

The 2 bedroom suites are currently under renovation with the bottom 2 units already completed. This renovation replaced the kitchen with all new stainless steel appliances, new countertops, refinished cabinetry, new bathrooms, new walls, new mirrored closets, new paint theme, new bedding and bedding package and new lighting. New furniture for all 2 bedrooms is on order.

I did inform housekeeping of your complaint in regards to the bathroom vents. I have had them clean every bathroom vent and ceiling fan thoroughly.

I appreciate your feedback and I apologize you didn't enjoy your stay. Please contact the GM at the hotel so we can further address your stay.
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a get away they set us up with room100 and there was a full bed squeezed in the kitchen it was dirty a.c. didn't keep the room cool .the service was okay considering the toilet didn't flush there was locals using the pool and we were uncomfortable with that.we would not stay again

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael R
Thank you for your feedback and we apologize if you didn't enjoy your stay. Our staff indicated that your family loved the hotel and the pool and were happy with the room so we are confused with the rating provided. The one bedroom unit is a studio with a full kitchen. If you were looking for a kitchen unit with separate bedrooms, then the 2 bedroom kitchen suite would have best suited your needs as it has 2 separate bedrooms.

We did check the AC in 100 and it is cooling. Our staff indicated the unit door was mostly open to allow easy entry from the pool to the room. That can make it difficult to keep the room cool. We also check the toilet which was clogged on departure and has been fixed. If you have issues in the future with the room, it is best to let the front desk know ASAP so they can address them during the timing of your stay.

We do not allow 'Locals" in our pool for insurance purposes and for guest satisfaction. The "local" you are referring to had family from out of town and booked them at our hotel with her as a staying guest. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope that you chose our hotel in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Pierce
#1 of 1 in Hutchinson Island
The Caribbean Court Boutique Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Pierce
Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites

Been to Royal Inn Beach Hutchinson Island? Share your experiences!