“Great Local Getaway”

Dockside Inn & Resort
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This was a staycation for us. We live 30 minutes away and just wanted to fish and relax for 3 days/2 nights. Stayed in 106 - absolutely perfect, right on the water, in front of the docks, could watch my son fish from my balcony. Sam is wonderful at front desk, so very nice and helpful. Truly makes your stay that much more enjoyable.

This will be a frequent getaway for us!! Look forward to our return visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dawn M

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I spent 12 days at this hotel and found it was just not for me. The people are nice and the service is good, the price I thought was good too but the place just doesn't feel right to me. The water in the pools was too cold and there was quite a bit of sand or whatever at the bottom of one of the pools. I didn't look at the other one. If you are into fishing there are 5 docks you can fish from and a bait shop right on the property and you can bright your boat. There is no sand beach as such but a very nice one about a mile down the road. They have a Tiki bar type restaurant on the property but I found the prices high for the quality of the food they served. This is also a no smoking in the room premises.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank neenienooner
Reviewed 5 May 2013

It's nothing fancy but perfect for a cheap safe clean place to stay. We have stayed at this inn every July fourth week for 4 years my dad has stayed w the inn for 6+ years over the fourth. It's on the river maintained very well and just a 5 min walk up sidewalk or along river to beach and jetty. It's like a min drive.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Holly G
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This is the perfect place to get away if you're looking to fish locally or on their docks, boat, relax on the beach down the street or just do nothing. Clean rooms, friendly staff. We stayed in the Inlet Suite, huge living room facing the water (balcony right on the water). On The Edge Restaurant and Bar is next door, although small, has great food and a friendly staff. Several nights a week there is live music at their outside newly built tiki bar. What a treat...cool breezes, a beautiful sunset and live music. We will be back.

Room Tip: Inlet Suite for couples only.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My comments after my stay at the Dockside Inn and after reading some of the reviews, is the hotel reminded me of a river cabin (small apt size) with small liv rm, small basic kitchen and small bathroom, shower was a good size for being a small bathroom. The bedroom has king size bed, which I didnt sleep on, but was great per friends with me. The AC was great too, keeping room very cold. The floors are concrete through out, which makes it cleaner to me. There is a door to close bedroom off from living & kitchen. It is everything I expected. The hotel is on the water where people boat and fish. Imagine it with carpet and trying to keep fresh, clean and dry after people tracking in from fishing, boating & swimming. This place is perfect for what it is. Miss Lois at the front desk was very accommodating and kind when needing bed sheets for sleeper sofa. She was very helpful with reserving a room on the water for my next stay in May. She returned my call the next morning after I was calling back to book an addditional night for my next stay. If you are expecting more than what I have mentioned, then this is not the place for you. The sofa personally could use a vacuum on the used arms and the cushions, but it wasn't a deal breaker. The sofa matress was thin and older of course but slept good when turned laying widthwise so my ribs weren't pressing into the springs. It worked for me, no pain or crinks the next morning. Don't know anything about the TV working or not, other than there was one in room. I was happy with my stay at the Dockside Inn and that is why I made reservations for next time I'm in town! Hope my review can help someone in their decision.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Live2Ride-Ride2Live
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We Travelled To Ft. Pierce And We Had Our Pets With Us We Found Dockeside Inn They Accepted Pets There Were Docks For Fishing Right Behind The Office What A Beautiful View Of The Water The Water Was Clear Enough To See The Jellyfish Floating By And The Fish ! The Staff Was Very Helpful And Friendly,The Property Was Very Well Kept And The Rooms Were Very Clean ,When I Travel Back To Ft. Pierce I Will Definately Revisit Dockside Inn!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank angelbear1019
Reviewed 24 October 2012

This place is just beautiful. My hubby is in a Hoveround chair and loves to fish. He actually got tired of catching fish. Our room was excellent, equipped with a microwave and small refridgerator. It was all we needed. The on site resturant was awesome. Lois, the manager. made us feel right at home. We can't wait to come back, it was hard to leave this paradise on the water. Value that can't be beat in this area. One of the cleanest rooms I have ever been in.

Room Tip: Pool view 101, water view 109 are the best for handicapp. Some rooms have a small stove with oven so...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple