“Very Unhappy”

Dockside Inn & Resort
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I'm not happy with my Dockside Inn experience. Dockside was used for my group's "Bash" weekend. When I checked in, I was told that I was expected the night prior to my arrival, so of course, I needed to pay for that night. First of all, I never made arrangements to arrive the night before. I was told I should have read my confirmation closely. It never occurred to me that hotel personnel weren't very adept at their job, or I would have felt a need to study my confirmation. The woman at the front desk proceeded to tell me it was my fault, not theirs. Whatever happened to customer service?

Second, don't most hotels hold a room reservation for a certain amount of time, then they give it away if the customer doesn't show up? The hotels I've dealt with do. The woman at the desk very rudely informed me I had to pay. There was nothing she could or would do about it.

When I made my reservation I requested a first floor room. I was told they only had one left, which surprised me because I phoned very quickly after I received notice that it was time to reserve a room for this special weekend away. Since I have difficulty climbing stairs due to Multiple Sclerosis, I took the room. I was not pleased with the room because it had a bedroom and a living room. The TV was in the living room, which had a convertible sofa. Since I need the TV to fall asleep, I decided to sleep on the convertible sofa. It was so very uncomfortable, it's hard for me to understand why it hasn't been taken out of commission a long time ago. And the coffee tasted pretty bad, and the sweet & low was hard.

Perhaps spending the money wouldn't bother me so much if I had money to waste, but since I'm on a very limited income, I can't help but be quite bothered by all this. The Bash, which is one weekend a year, is my only time that I can get away, since I take care of my elderly father and getting away is extremely difficult.

I will say that I didn't allow my horrible hotel experience ruin my enjoyable time fishing and visiting with my friends.

There's already talk that they may use this hotel again next year. I guess I'll be finding a different hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank GeishaPoppy

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We love Dockside and go there 3 to 5 times a year. There seemed to be several groups there but the women that were down by the other pool were another story. They were very loud, fighting with each other, had beer bottled in the pool, and we complained to the front desk clerk on Saturday and nothing was done.

We will go there again as we always do and we love the fact that we can bring our boat and it be right there. The bait shop is also a plus. Sam was great when we made our reservations! Too bad she doesn't work on Saturdays!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tarponlady
Lea C, Manager at Dockside Inn & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Hi,
Sorry that your complaint was not followed up, but am glad that you will be returning. Let me know when you return to the hotel so we can give you a free beverage at On the Edge.
Lea

Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed there just overnight on my BF's birthday...I booked it online and didn't know what to expect (although I was trusting trip advisor reviews to guide me). We were not disappointed in the least. The setting is serene, right on the water, and although it looks like it might be noisy from road traffic, we didn't hear a thing. We walked over to the pools (there are 2) and the restaurant/bar. Although we didn't eat there we overheard some of the comments about the food and they were all positive. Bar (On the Edge) has a good happy hour from 2-6 with $2.50 wells...don't know about beer prices. We love local places and this fit the bill for us!

Room Tip: We didn't see any of the other rooms, but we were happy with our room which was 415. Nice fridge...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank katpal593

Hi,
So glad you found our hotel and enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you will come again soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

A few years back my husband & I checked in to avoid a hurricane. It was delightfully furnished, with a small kitchen, decently furnished & opened onto the docks. There was lots of destruction outside the next morning. I was absolutely delighted with my stay. My boat had suffered some damage so I was very happy to be away from the docks in the City Marina. The Inn was a Godsend.

Room Tip: No fitness center but plenty of beaches to walk for exercise. My suite was well lit & convenien...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This was a staycation for us. We live 30 minutes away and just wanted to fish and relax for 3 days/2 nights. Stayed in 106 - absolutely perfect, right on the water, in front of the docks, could watch my son fish from my balcony. Sam is wonderful at front desk, so very nice and helpful. Truly makes your stay that much more enjoyable.

This will be a frequent getaway for us!! Look forward to our return visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dawn M
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I spent 12 days at this hotel and found it was just not for me. The people are nice and the service is good, the price I thought was good too but the place just doesn't feel right to me. The water in the pools was too cold and there was quite a bit of sand or whatever at the bottom of one of the pools. I didn't look at the other one. If you are into fishing there are 5 docks you can fish from and a bait shop right on the property and you can bright your boat. There is no sand beach as such but a very nice one about a mile down the road. They have a Tiki bar type restaurant on the property but I found the prices high for the quality of the food they served. This is also a no smoking in the room premises.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank neenienooner
Reviewed 5 May 2013

It's nothing fancy but perfect for a cheap safe clean place to stay. We have stayed at this inn every July fourth week for 4 years my dad has stayed w the inn for 6+ years over the fourth. It's on the river maintained very well and just a 5 min walk up sidewalk or along river to beach and jetty. It's like a min drive.

• Stayed: July 2012