“Great Getaway!”

Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
“Great Getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Perfect hotel for our girl's getaway! The staff was very friendly, the room was clean, the breakfast was good and the pool (although small) was nice. Very convenient to great restaurants and the beach was nearby. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jodi H
Karen M, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am so pleased that you really enjoyed your girls weekend, and had some time to relax by our waterfront pool and jacuzzi. I hope while you were here, you and the girls were able to spend some time exploring the island and visitng some of our local watering holes with fabulous food and happy hour drink specials! The beach is just over a quarter mile away and the local museum and aquarium just about a mile away. Thank you again, we look forward to you spending your next girls weekend with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were looking for a stopover on our way back from the keys to the Orlando area. I had never heard of Hutchinson Island so decided to give this place a go. I am glad we did because it is fantastic. The midweek rate was so reasonable we paid a bit extra and upgraded to a top floor suite on the bay front. This was a good move because we ended up with one of the best views I have ever had from any hotel room anywhere in the world. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was palatial and spotlessly clean, the facilities were great (pool & hot tub) and the location could not be bettered. This really is a hotel on the beach. Finding this place was one of our holiday highlights and we are already planning to return next year, when we will definitely stay for more than one night.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for such a delightful review! I am thrilled that you found us on your way to Orlando. Hutchinson Island is a little off the beaten path which adds to our local homey casual environment. I am so pleased you decided to upgrade to the water front suite, and that the view was so impressive to you. We pride ourselves on offering breathtaking views in exceptionally clean rooms all for a very reasonable price. We look forward to having you as our guest again, and hopefully you can stay a bit longer next time to explore some more of what Fort Pierce as to offer!
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

My sister and I stayed here for one night on the way to our cruise. The hotel was very clean, the lobby, pool area, exercise room, and our room were all very clean. The room we stayed in was very nice and clean. Beds were comfortable, we had no problems with noise, slept very well. The continental breakfast was decent with a few more choices than most that offer free continental breakfast. All the staff that we met were all very nice and helpful. Would recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to stay in the area and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MisaB331
Karen M, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review! I am thrilled to hear that we accomplished our goal of providing 100% customer satisfaction. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our deluxe continental breakfast, and hope while you were here for a short while you had some time to explore the island which offers beautiful beaches, breathtaking views of the Fort Pierce inlet and some fabulous local eateries. I'm sure you enjoyed your cruise, and hope you get to stop in and stay with us again in the near future! Thanks again!
santa cruz, ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Very nice staff, clean rooms, good location. Very nice expanded continental breakfast . It's just not a 3 star place. My only complaint (other than some of the clientele, which I know they can't control) is the $5 added to our bill for a 'resort fee' which was NEVER mentioned at check in. Very tacky!

2 Thank ftlauderdalenative
Karen M, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and take your comments and suggestions very seriously. It's great to see that we are living up to our reviews and providing very clean comfortable accomodations with a friendly knowledgeable staff and lots of ammenities all for a reasonable price. I'm not sure of the nature of your reservation, however I can tell you that if you book on our website or via phone to the hotel the $5 resort fee is mentioned up front when quoting a rate. It is also included on the email confirmation every guest receives and it is printed on the registration card every guest signs at check in. The purpose of this fee is to offer our guest many things like included WIFI, free parking for one vehicle, in room safes, fridge and microwave in every room, and an expanded continental breakfast which is one of the things you mentioned you really appreciated. So thank you again and we really hope to see you in the near future!
Ocoee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I wanted a new place to visit in Florida a quick hop over from Orlando. So surprised at this little gem - great rooms, great location. The water is amazing blue, loved the dock to fish from and little beach to relax at and watch the sunset. The staff was great answered all of our questions. There were some crazy guests the weekend that we stayed which a hotel can not help so that was my only problem but I won't hold it against them…I will come back! My husband loved the omelet on Sunday he was bummed when there weren't any on Monday - LOL. So I would say that the breakfast was a success too!!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room closer to the inlet just so you get a good view, I had mine on the east side...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your very thoughtful review! I am so glad to hear that you discovered our little hidden gem in Fort Pierce and that you were able to enjoy the scenery and some time fishing from our 24 hour pier. I apologize if there were any guests that disturbed your stay, we like to ensure that all of our guests are able to have a relaxing getaway and have fun as long as other's aren't being disturbed. I will be sure to address this issue with the staff, thank you again for letting us know. We look forward to the oppurtunity to provide you with excellent accomodations again in the future and I will be sure to have omelets on the menu for your husband!
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I chose this place based on the reviews and it is a very good place to stay. My experience did not live up to the more superlative ones; but it is a very clean and well kept place and the breakfast is decent. The beach up about a quarter mile is well within walking distance. A suggestion would be to have a better quality of towel. The ones we had were very thin and small. Also, the a/c struggled to keep the room comfortable and ran constantly. But overall very comfortable, clean, quiet and restful stay. Great place to get away from it all.

Room Tip: Definitely get a water view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other reviewers! I am happy to see that we lived up to your expectations and you found the property to be very clean and tranquil. I very much appreciate your suggestions, and we have recently purchased fresh towels for our guest rooms and are beginning some major renovations to include new AC units and brand new carpeting. Hopefully by your next visit it will all have been completed. Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We picked this hotel as a stop over on the way from Atlanta to Miami. Never having been to the area, we were surprised at how nice Ft. Port and the hotel were. The staff was helpful and efficient, they directed us to a great restaurant very close by. We had a delicious seafood dinner and enjoyed the atmosphere of this quaint hotel on the water. The room was clean, great view of the water, the bed was awesome and we had a great nights rest. We did not have breakfast on site, but its nice to have the option to eat without leaving site. I only wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy this beautiful area. I would definitely go back to this hotel and hope to do so very soon.

Room Tip: We loved the view from the 4th floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I am pleased that you found us on your way travelling through the state. Hutchinson Island is a small part of Fort Pierce about 10 minutes from the major interstates. We pride ourselves on offering very clean comfortable accomodations with breathtaking views of the inlet and loads of ammenities all for a very reasonable price. We wish you could have stayed longer as well, and hope that you get to on your next visit to the area. Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Pierce
Hampton Inn & Suites of Ft. Pierce
Prestige Hotel Vero Beach
Prestige Hotel Vero Beach
#8 of 27 in Vero Beach

Been to Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!