“Business trip”

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Olympia, Washington
“Business trip”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The staff was pleasant. The rooms are outdated and in need of attention. We had a waterfront room and view was nice. The bathtub had a 6" square patch in it. The false divider between bed and bathroom area was broke loose from the wall. It would be nice if they could do some upgrading as it is in a nice location.

Room Tip: Try to get the waterFRONT rooms. There is a great restaurant/bar you can walk to.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RNBOATER
Karen M, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your comments and suggestions and they will be handled immediately. I am glad to see that you found the staff to be friendly and that you were able to get one of our wterfront suites. We are just getting out of busy season where we were at 100% occupancy nearly every night, so many of the renovations that are planned have been a lengthy process to complete. We just finished installing all new curtains, and are in the process right now of putting all new desk chairs, balcony furniture, and new sleeper sofas in every waterfront suite. I hope you come stay with us again in the near future and hopefully all of our upgrades will be completed. Thank you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Well let me start off by saying the front staff are great and deserve a raise. My husband and I have stayed here before when it was owned by another company. And I must say it was in far better conditions. The current owners have really let this place go!!!! It has a great view of the inlet if you're one of the lucky ones to get a room over looking it and my husband and I were the bad part was our room is a complete dump it's old and needs MAJOR RENOVATIONS!! The dirt in the corners and in the tracks of the sliding glass doors were just beyond gross. Not to mention other area's of the room. Needless to say we won't be back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lori S

I am pleased to see that we lived up to our expectations of providing great customer service. I am very disappointed to hear however that you found your room to be anything but 100% perfect. Since the new owner’s took over there have been many upgrades made to the hotel, such as new flat screen TV’s, new fridge and microwave in every room, luxurious linens and expanded our breakfast bar. We are currently in the process and have almost completed many other upgrades, such as new desk chairs for every room, new comfortable balcony chairs and tables, new sleeper sofas in all of the suites, and very soon brand new carpet. Every carpet has been professionally cleaned on a rotating scale and every room is deep cleaned as well. It appears that you may have had a room that hasn’t been reconditioned yet and for that I apologize. We hope you will give us another chance to prove to you that we are the number one hotel on Hutchinson Island and that guest satisfaction is our number one priority. Thank you again.
Hutchinson Island, Florida
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel multiple times over the last couple of months. As one of the few hotels on Hutchinson Island, we first gave this hotel a try in April 2014. We've been back several times on multiple-day visits.

The location is great, but not the best if you want to be close to the jetty. Many of the rooms have good views of the inlet and depending what your vantage point is, the views are pretty good, though somewhat limited.

The service has always been very friendly and we've never had any issues that would warrant calling for housekeeping, maintenance or other concerns.

The pool and hot tub are nice and my wife, in particular, has enjoyed many hours in the pool area.

Areas we'd like to see this hotel improve:
-My wife and I have tried the free breakfast on a few different days and find it average at best.
-During our last stay, the A/C unit (an in-wall system) door was open and the filter was exposed and it definitely needed cleaning. In all rooms we've stayed in, the A/C is louder than what we are used to in hotels, but it's not annoying or nonfunctional.
-The hotel needs to upgrade to HD TV service. For a very modern hotel not to have this feature is one of the only turnoffs at this stage.

Overall, if you want to stay on the island, this is a hotel we'd recommend!

Room Tip: Odd numbered Rooms on the fourth floor have a view that offers some nice sunset views and your room...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderfully detailed review! I am thrilled to see you have stayed with us in the past and continue to do so. I am pleased to see that the staff has always provided great customer service, and that you have spent some time relaxing by our pool and jacuzzi. I appreciate you letting me know about the few issues you had and I will be sure to address them immediately. Your suggestions are very valued as well and I will pass them along. Your room tip and pictures are very helpful to other viewers, so they are mch appreciated too! Thank you again, we look forward to your next visit with us!
Solsberry, Indiana
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

The room was clean and the staff was super nice but, I probably wouldn't book with them again. The rooms were very small and out of date. Our AC leaked so badly that the carpet was soaked. The pool was very small and really not worth swimming in. I did really like that they had chair lids for the pool and hot tub and they had quite a few accessible rooms even though house keeping didn't use the buzzer and we couldn't hear them knocking so we were scared several times by them just coming in.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to see that you found the room clean and the staff exceptional. I apologize for the fact that you had an issue with your AC. I do recall addressing a resolution with you at the beginning of your stay, however you said it didn't bother you and you didn't wish to move. You shouldn't spend a week in a room you aren't comfortable in, so in the future I would recommend taking advantage of an oppurtunity to solve the problem so you can be comofortable and enjoy your stay. We do have many handicap accessible features, such as the chairs lifts for the pool and hot tub, and the buzzer you were referring to. It is not a doorbell but for the hearing impaired, it activates a light inside the room and is attached to every accessible room we have. I do hope you consider us for your next trip to Fort Pierce and look forward to the oppurtunity to serve you again.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel has all the right to be rated #1. I really had no expectations upon arrival. We decided to do an impromptu family vacation trip and could not have chosen a better location. The value was great ... so much so we spent and extra night. The view from our balcony was very nice. Just sitting out there and enjoying the breeze. Breakfast was also included and was simply and great because hot food was included. We also enjoyed the pool/jacuzzi and were in close driving distance of many beaches. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to fellow travelers.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your enjoyable experience with us. I am pleased to see that we lived up to our reputation of being number 1 and that you even spent an additional night with us! We take great pride in knowing that we offer loads of ammenities such as an extended breakfast bar, which you appreciated, and clean comfortable rooms all in a wonderful location but for a very reasonable price. Thank you again, we look forward to you staying with us in the near future!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The hotel was fair at best. I have no complaints with it but the business practices of it and booking.com it seems they want to get the last nickel and dime out of you. I had all ready paid 149.00 for,the room they then added 5.00 for a resort fee. 11.00 for a visa/MasterCard fee. By the time they were done with charges my room cost 182. I don't mind the local room taxes and other charges. But really why don t they just tell you up from your room will be this cost. Instead of beating you up afterwards.

Room Tip: Ocean view is nice
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rob J
Karen M, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and take your comments and suggestions very seriously. I am glad to see that you had no complaints with your room or the facility.
Based on the information from here and the email you sent, I was able to locate your receipt. When you make a reservation with Booking.com it does clearly state that we charge a $5.00 Resort Fee and that your credit card will be charged for the first night with taxes at the time of booking. The Resort Fee is added to every reservation and includes our deluxe breakfast every morning for every guest in your room, parking for one vehicle, WIFI, in room safe, fridge and microwave in every room and use of all our ammenities such as our fitness room, guest computer with printer, pool, jacuzzi and 24 hour pier.This way we can keep our rates very affordable and still offer these items to every guest.
Your original reservation was for 2 nights (Saturday and Sunday) but then you changed your reservation to just coming in on Sunday. Since our Saturday rate was higher than our Sunday rate you were actually REFUNDED the difference of $11.15. This is not a Visa/Mastercard fee, in fact we have no such fee for this. Unfortunately refunds take longer than a charge to go through because they're funds that have to be transfered from one bank to another. This will reflect on your credit card statement I'm sure within a matter of days.
Thank you again, and we do hope to see you in the future the next time you are in Fort Pierce!
Amanda, Ohio
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This facility has it all. Location, location, location, plus.... Boat dock, fishing dock, cute little sand beach that was perfect for my little snorkeler, great waterway views, frig, microwave, big flat screen tv, free wifi, work out room, a sundries shop, yummy breakfast from 6/10am, a pool, hot tub, and a computer area with printer! I mean, come on, it doesn't get any better than this.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderfully detailed review! I am thrilled you were able to take advantage of everything we have to offer. Every room does have a flat screen TV, fridge and microwave as well as in room safes, coffee maker with coffee provided, iron and ironing board and hair dryer too. We want every guests to feel right at home here and that they have everything they need, and it would appear we accomplished that with you. Thank you again, we look forward to having you spend a relaxing getaway with us in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Pierce
Hampton Inn & Suites of Ft. Pierce
Prestige Hotel Vero Beach
Prestige Hotel Vero Beach
#7 of 27 in Vero Beach

Been to Hutchinson Island Plaza Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!