“Ants in the bathroom”

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Ottawa, Canada
“Ants in the bathroom”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

The building is new. Check in was quick. Employee at the front desk was courteous. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. The only thing that I didn't like was that I found ants in the bathroom, which really grossed me out. They were walking on the towels that were on the bathroom counter. Yuck. Besides that, it was a good stay. Breakfast was included, which was good. Lots of variety, scrambled eggs, bacon, bagels, toast, milk, yogurt, cereals. Parking and WiFi were free. Good location right off of the highway, with gas station and restaurants (like Waffle House) in the same block.

Room Tip: I booked on Hotwire and got this room for under $70, the regular rates were over $100
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
turnpikehie, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Pierce West, responded to this review, 13 October 2012
Dear Holiday Inn Express Valued Guest,

Thank you for being a guest of our resort and for this feedback of your stay.

I appreciate your compliments of our staff as we take pride in our service and are happy to see that it made such a difference in your stay.

My apologies regarding the ants in the bathroom,.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your review with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Warm Regards,

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Pierce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Key Largo, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

This was our second stay. We love to explore the area of Hutchinson Island, Ft. Pierce, Stuart and Lake Okechobee on our Harley. The staff, particularly Francesca, this last trip are top notch. Rooms are clean, breakfast was great and the smiles were freely given. We were also able to leave our bike under the canopy out front...out of the way of course and out of the rain. We were soaked several times on our trip. Great place to call home for a night or three!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
turnpikehie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Pierce West, responded to this review, 13 October 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Fort Pierce.

We are pleased that you found our staff and hotel worthy of praise.

I am delighted that our staff made such an impression. Our staff is our greatest asset and we really take pride in our service.

We are so glad that you enjoyed our fabulous accommodations and amenities.

Thank you for writing such a complete review of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Pierce.

We appreciate your enthusiastic recommendation and look forward to your return visit soon!

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Pierce
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

I walked in and I thought the place was brand new. I couldn't believe it when the staff said the building had not been redone in years. Price seemed alittle high but besides that it was a great place to crash for a long weekend visiting friends

• Stayed October 2012
turnpikehie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Pierce West, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Dear Holiday Inn Express Valued Guest,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the Holiday Inn Express Fort Pierce hotel.

Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to the area.

Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

Stayed at this property on my way to the Keys. First stay was great. Last stay approx 7 days ago was not as we expected. My husband found a pair of women's underpants in our bed. NOT MINE! The desk staff and manager apologized profusely and comped our stay. They said that that would speak to housekeeping. If you stay here, check your bed to see who you are sleeping with! We will NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Marigrace
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Pierce West, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Dear Marigrace,

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate you sharing your experience regarding your stay. Please accept my sincere apology for the unusual condition of the room you received. I want to assure you that the challenges you encountered are not indicative of our usual high standards. I have taken note of your valuable comments and these have been shared with our housekeeping department. Rest assured, we take necessary actions to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again.

We take the confidence our guests place in us seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

Visiting friends in Orlando is very often a day round trip from Miami and I drive that route often,sometimes I do not start back from Orlando until late and many times just being purely tired I make my way and stop at the Holiday Inn Ft Pierce.As a Platinum Priority Club Member I am assured good service and a room upgrade current visit a suite with all facilities the rooms are immaculate as is the entire hotel.Sound proof windows and comfy beds with top quality linens.
A buffet breakfast served daily is mostly inclusive,scrambled eggs,waffles,bacon and biscuits,juices teas and coffee and fruit sometimes,definately kid friendly as many families are seen here.Ample well lit parking with 24 hr security and close to Gas stations and the usual fast food outlets just walking distance away.Friendly staff who always greet you with a smile and make you feel welcome.

Room Tip: Book on line or call the hotel directly.......................
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank talentpicker
turnpikehie, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Pierce West, responded to this review, 5 August 2012
Dear Holiday Inn Express Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit.
The hotel has a great staff that truly cares and it is nice to hear you enjoyed our service.
We love that our fabulous hotel and courteous staff exceeded your expectations in every way.
I appreciate your feedback regarding the cleanliness of your accommodations and we truly value your patronage.
We look forward to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Fort Pierce.

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

This hotel is very nice! When I read the reviews here on trip advisor, I thought they seemed fake, so wanted to do one from the point of view of someone who travels to many hotels in fl.
We are only here for one night, and it doesn't, seem like there is much to do in this area.
The room itself is as nice as many four star hotels I have stayed in. Very comfortable bed, flat screen tv, and modern. It also has a nice size fridge, a microwave, free Internet, free parking, and free breakfast. Business center has 2 computers, a printer, and is free. The only thing missing is room service or bar, but there are several restaurants within a mile including red lobster. Very good hotel for the money. Holiday inns are not usually very nice, but this one seemed very new, classy, and modern.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear Holiday Inn Express Valued Guest,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the Holiday InnExpress Ft. Pierce hotel.

Gainesville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

I stayed here for both work and personal reasons between August and October of last year (2011). The king suite and king deluxe suite is perfect for a multi-night stay. I usually request 3rd or 4th floor. The room is well designed, very clean and spacious. This is a relatively new property and the staff is friendly and helpful. Hotel is located between the Okeechobee Road exit for the turnpike and I-95. Very quiet rooms, plenty of parking, and located just minutes from restaurants, walmart, gas, etc. Although the road has been undergoing construction, the hotel is far enough off the street that there is little congestion and noise. Do not expect to be close to the beach- this is about a 10-15 minute drive from Hutchinson Island. But very convenient for business travel or family travel to Fort Pierce.

Room Tip: King Deluxe room is the way to go- lots of room!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
turnpikehie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Pierce West, responded to this review, 5 August 2012
Dear Holiday Inn Express Valued Guest

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the Holiday Inn Express in Ft. Pierce.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to the Ft. Pierce area.