“Avoid it like the plague.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Boston, MA
“Avoid it like the plague.”
Reviewed 4 December 2012 via mobile

I believe in honest reviews so let me start with: spiders and webs in corners and on ceiling, security door lock had most of its screws almost out and of those 1/4 of them were stripped, toilet paper holder completely rusted, shower curtain rid constellation rusted, mold stains on rug, musty odor throughout room, street noise is ridiculously loud, popular with truckers, trailer trucks blocking the driveway to check-in at the hotel, outlets too far from night tables, peoole hanging outside my door late at night, front desk clerk about as warm and friendly as an iceberg, weak wifi. The only good thing about this place was when I checked out the next morning and was welcomed with a friendly smile from the new front desk clerk named Pam. She was what I expected - a simple hello with a smile, regardless off the hotel rating. Smiles and friendly service keep people coming back instead of making people write reviews like this.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank bostechboy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 17 September 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel. We had a nice room on the second floor in the back.The room was clean and had no offensive odor. The man who checked us in was nice, and tried to be helpful. The breakfast sucked,stale doughnuts ,greasy sausage,and not very well stocked. The waffles stick to the iron.Some of the other guest are to stupid to use tongs to get the bagels and doughnuts.People staying in the back have to walk around the building to enter lobby,for breakfast, not necessary, and an inconvenience.The hot tub has upper and lower jets, only lower jets work. There was trash in the pool,and all over the back of the building.Loud construction workers hanging out drinking outside there rooms,and leaving trash every where. Around 6 am I was woke up by the loud trucks belonging to the construction workers.For a Quality Inn I am very displeased. I will find a different Hotel for my next trip to Ft. Pierce.

Room Tip: Sleep in one of the front rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cesLakeland_Florida

Travellers are raving about these Fort Pierce hotels

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Quality Fort Pierce is one of my ports of call when I drive from Miami to Tampa on A1A and Highway 70 instead of going through the Everglades on the Tamiami Trail, as I wrote in my review of the Quality Inn Stuart, Florida, the other day.

But last time I went to this Quality, it was only with the purpose of earning 8,000 bonus points, as I also explained in my last review. You may want to read it in order to learn how great the CHOICE HOTELS program is. Of all five hotel loyalty programs I belong to (Accor, Best Western, Choice, Holiday Inn and SPG), this is the very best.

And don't you think that I work for the tourist industry. I am just a professor teaching French almost for free at FIU. Therefore, I must pay for all my expenses out of my skinny wallet. This explains my knowledge of the best deals wherever I go, whether in the US or overseas!

This hotel is conveniently located for travelers, one block South of Ockeechobee (US 70) and a couple of blocks West of I-95, therefore a little bit far from the town center.

On my last trip to this Quality Fort Pierce, Saturday April 14, 2012, I got a big corner king room 404 (bigger than other king rooms on the same floor) with all the amenities you will find 99% of the times in all Quality Inns: big king bed, nice desk, comfortable club chair (something never seen in any of the budget hotels where I go in Europe or South America!) refrigerator (very rarely seen in budget hotels outside of the US except for a handful of them), iron and iron board in the closet (never seen outside of the US, not even at the Sheraton Ejido in Montevideo!) and microwave (same thing: the ONLY hotel where I have seen a microwave in the room outside of the US is at the Quality Suites Rue de Tolbiac in Paris, France and even big suites like the 901, which I had at the Sheraton Montevideo in my last three trips at $200 + per night - or 4,000 points the award night - don't have a microwave!)

This room 404, for which I paid $55.99 + tax = $62.43 with my senior discount, was quiet because it was at the end of the building, opposite to Ockeechobee Rd.

There are two more high end hotels in Fort Pierce that qualify for the 8,000 bonus points after two separate stays of one night each in two hotels, as I explained in my review of the Quality Stuart: a Sleep Inn one block from this Quality, on the North side of Ockeechobee, and a Comfort Suites a couple of blocks away, for which I also wrote a review recently.

As for the food, there are several fast food in the vicinity, such as McDonnalds, KFC, a Mexican fast food, etc.

Unfortunately, you will have to take your car in order to go to a Cuban restaurant (Mervis Café, on 402 SOUTH 5th Street, one block W of US 1) or to Sonny's on US 1.

Front desk employees are more or less helpful. The young student who checked me in was gracious and very helpful but I could not say the same thing of the other young girl at the reception the next morning for breakfast.

Item for the rooms: some are bigger than others, some are cleaner than others, too!

All in all, this is an excellent value for money at $56 with a fairly good buffet breakfast if you want to earn points during a Choice Hotels promotion.

However, a few more dollars will put you in a small false "suite" a couple of blocks away at the "Comfort Suites".

If you live in the Miami area and want to earn 8,000 points after two separate nights in two different hotels, you may go spend a weekend in this little town and enjoy the scenery all along a magic coast highway called A1A.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Efrin_Knight
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2012

we stayed for one night (room 303) on Apr. 03 at this hotel and we will never come back. THe carpet was dirty, the paint in the tub was coming off, the door showed a gap of 1/4" on the side and 1/2" at the bottom. So spiders, ants or else could pass easily. Our sleep was not good. We afraid to be bitten as we have allergies. We highly recommend to all to avoid this hotel. When I spoke to the clerk, she was not concerned at all and offered nothing to make it better. Customer service stinks.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Peoria, Il
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Not sure if these carpets have ever been cleaned. Garbage from last visitors was still in the cans & on the bathroom floor. Beds were comfortable & clean. 4 towels, but only 1 washcloth. Check-in staff was friendly enough, but very difficult to understand. We used a coupon for the price of $55, others w/o were charged $79-$85. Hope their rooms were better. Very noisy traffic.

Room Tip: Ask for front side to the left.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linny_10
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We booked this motel on our way to the Keys. We had a room at the back of the hotel, on the ground floor near the pool. After we checked in, we took a dive at the pool. Everyone can access the pool here! There were four kids sitting/ waiting at the pool terrace. In brought daylight we saw a dodgy man passing by, throwing a few bags with DRUGS at the kids. They left the pool after. Later on there were some kids sitting in front of our room (at the staircase). Supposedly waiting for people to come and get some. They were sitting there DEALING all night! We were really afraid of saying something to the staff, since we didn't want to get in any trouble. But you can imagine we didn't catch much sleep at all. Our car was right in front of the room and we were afraid that they would do something with it.

When we reported these events to the staff next morning, it seemed like this happens all the time. We were very striked by the fact that the staff member waived our complaints away, saying that "they always come from the back", "trying to send them away if they see them on the surveillance camera". It wouldn't surprise us if there is a complot between personnel and dealers. Anyway, WE ARE NEVER COMING BACK in this motel or in Fort Pierce at all. Awfull experience! This motel should really be ashamed of itself, actively helping youth to destruct themselves.

Room Tip: Do not go here at all
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Anna v
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2011

A quick pick on business. Location is less than desirable. No trouble encountered, Im 6'4" 260, but I noticed several people walking through property that were obvously not guests. Room was more run down than even I'm used to, but was clean, lobby, pool and breakfast area very nice.

• Stayed July 2011