“Best mattress I've ever slept on.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Definitely the best night's sleep we've had in a long, long time. The mattress was truly the most comfortable one we have ever slept on, even better than our own at home. The shower worked perfectly and drained properly. Besides the expected cleanliness, that is all we really want, (A restful, satisfying sleep and a relaxing shower), after that everything is icing on the cake. The breakfast is the standard breakfast offered at most chains.
However, we do have one complaint. We were not satisfied with the carpeting. The rugs were dirty and needed a good shampooing. If not for that, we would have rated it a 4 or 5.
Oh... The pool should be heated. It was too cold for me to swim. I like to exercise, but they don't have a fitness room, so I planned on swimming, but could not.

Room Tip: We asked for a room in the rear (by the pool), because it was quieter, which it was very, very quiet...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Phillywill1863
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 18 January 2013

new pool and hot tube area, nice breakfast that ends at 9:01 am dont be late ....the rooms were just average the price was good at $65,... not far from beach ...fridge and mirco wave in our room ! tv was little fuzzy on some channels ....would stay here again .

Room Tip: coupon in trave book could save a few bucks ... and dont b late for contental breakfast it will b go...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2012 via mobile

I believe in honest reviews so let me start with: spiders and webs in corners and on ceiling, security door lock had most of its screws almost out and of those 1/4 of them were stripped, toilet paper holder completely rusted, shower curtain rid constellation rusted, mold stains on rug, musty odor throughout room, street noise is ridiculously loud, popular with truckers, trailer trucks blocking the driveway to check-in at the hotel, outlets too far from night tables, peoole hanging outside my door late at night, front desk clerk about as warm and friendly as an iceberg, weak wifi. The only good thing about this place was when I checked out the next morning and was welcomed with a friendly smile from the new front desk clerk named Pam. She was what I expected - a simple hello with a smile, regardless off the hotel rating. Smiles and friendly service keep people coming back instead of making people write reviews like this.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank bostechboy
Reviewed 17 September 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel. We had a nice room on the second floor in the back.The room was clean and had no offensive odor. The man who checked us in was nice, and tried to be helpful. The breakfast sucked,stale doughnuts ,greasy sausage,and not very well stocked. The waffles stick to the iron.Some of the other guest are to stupid to use tongs to get the bagels and doughnuts.People staying in the back have to walk around the building to enter lobby,for breakfast, not necessary, and an inconvenience.The hot tub has upper and lower jets, only lower jets work. There was trash in the pool,and all over the back of the building.Loud construction workers hanging out drinking outside there rooms,and leaving trash every where. Around 6 am I was woke up by the loud trucks belonging to the construction workers.For a Quality Inn I am very displeased. I will find a different Hotel for my next trip to Ft. Pierce.

Room Tip: Sleep in one of the front rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cesLakeland_Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Quality Fort Pierce is one of my ports of call when I drive from Miami to Tampa on A1A and Highway 70 instead of going through the Everglades on the Tamiami Trail, as I wrote in my review of the Quality Inn Stuart, Florida, the other day.

But last time I went to this Quality, it was only with the purpose of earning 8,000 bonus points, as I also explained in my last review. You may want to read it in order to learn how great the CHOICE HOTELS program is. Of all five hotel loyalty programs I belong to (Accor, Best Western, Choice, Holiday Inn and SPG), this is the very best.

And don't you think that I work for the tourist industry. I am just a professor teaching French almost for free at FIU. Therefore, I must pay for all my expenses out of my skinny wallet. This explains my knowledge of the best deals wherever I go, whether in the US or overseas!

This hotel is conveniently located for travelers, one block South of Ockeechobee (US 70) and a couple of blocks West of I-95, therefore a little bit far from the town center.

On my last trip to this Quality Fort Pierce, Saturday April 14, 2012, I got a big corner king room 404 (bigger than other king rooms on the same floor) with all the amenities you will find 99% of the times in all Quality Inns: big king bed, nice desk, comfortable club chair (something never seen in any of the budget hotels where I go in Europe or South America!) refrigerator (very rarely seen in budget hotels outside of the US except for a handful of them), iron and iron board in the closet (never seen outside of the US, not even at the Sheraton Ejido in Montevideo!) and microwave (same thing: the ONLY hotel where I have seen a microwave in the room outside of the US is at the Quality Suites Rue de Tolbiac in Paris, France and even big suites like the 901, which I had at the Sheraton Montevideo in my last three trips at $200 + per night - or 4,000 points the award night - don't have a microwave!)

This room 404, for which I paid $55.99 + tax = $62.43 with my senior discount, was quiet because it was at the end of the building, opposite to Ockeechobee Rd.

There are two more high end hotels in Fort Pierce that qualify for the 8,000 bonus points after two separate stays of one night each in two hotels, as I explained in my review of the Quality Stuart: a Sleep Inn one block from this Quality, on the North side of Ockeechobee, and a Comfort Suites a couple of blocks away, for which I also wrote a review recently.

As for the food, there are several fast food in the vicinity, such as McDonnalds, KFC, a Mexican fast food, etc.

Unfortunately, you will have to take your car in order to go to a Cuban restaurant (Mervis Café, on 402 SOUTH 5th Street, one block W of US 1) or to Sonny's on US 1.

Front desk employees are more or less helpful. The young student who checked me in was gracious and very helpful but I could not say the same thing of the other young girl at the reception the next morning for breakfast.

Item for the rooms: some are bigger than others, some are cleaner than others, too!

All in all, this is an excellent value for money at $56 with a fairly good buffet breakfast if you want to earn points during a Choice Hotels promotion.

However, a few more dollars will put you in a small false "suite" a couple of blocks away at the "Comfort Suites".

If you live in the Miami area and want to earn 8,000 points after two separate nights in two different hotels, you may go spend a weekend in this little town and enjoy the scenery all along a magic coast highway called A1A.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Efrin_Knight
Reviewed 7 April 2012

we stayed for one night (room 303) on Apr. 03 at this hotel and we will never come back. THe carpet was dirty, the paint in the tub was coming off, the door showed a gap of 1/4" on the side and 1/2" at the bottom. So spiders, ants or else could pass easily. Our sleep was not good. We afraid to be bitten as we have allergies. We highly recommend to all to avoid this hotel. When I spoke to the clerk, she was not concerned at all and offered nothing to make it better. Customer service stinks.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Not sure if these carpets have ever been cleaned. Garbage from last visitors was still in the cans & on the bathroom floor. Beds were comfortable & clean. 4 towels, but only 1 washcloth. Check-in staff was friendly enough, but very difficult to understand. We used a coupon for the price of $55, others w/o were charged $79-$85. Hope their rooms were better. Very noisy traffic.

Room Tip: Ask for front side to the left.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends