“Worthless " 100% Guarantee"”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
Georgia
“Worthless " 100% Guarantee"”
Reviewed 23 August 2007

After one of us was burned by a faulty lamp, and several other room deficiencies were called to management's attention as the lamp was returned to the desk , they agreed to get maintenance while we were out. 3 hours later, we returned. Nothing had been done. Next morning, the coffee maker flooded the counter. At checkout we asked the hotel to honor the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee posted in every room. Meanwhile, the maids had stripped the room, even though we had not checked out and our belongings were still in the room. The desk refused to issue credit, not denying the problems, but saying only the owner Mr. Patel could do that and he would not be available. In fact, he never became available. We then had the desk agree and sign my list of deficiencies; the evidence is ironclad. The hotel sent the charge to DIscover regardless, and then claimed that once the charge had been entered no credit could be issued (nonsense, of course). We then involved Discover (no use, since the only thing they cared about is whether we actually stayed at the motel) and then the chain's franchisor, Choice Hotels. It was clear they understood the situation perfectly, but said they had been unable (and could not) force Mr. Patel to honor the guarantee. The State of Florida was then asked to look into the motel's safety aspects, and found several deficiencies (our room had by this time been fixed), but could do no more. The Better Business Bureau was informed, and in their reply to BBB, the motel continued to refuse to issue credit, and even began to lie about the events (notwithstanding the signed list). They continue to deny responsibility. We recommend AVOIDING THIS MOTEL.

Stayed April 2007
3 Thank ClassicTraveller28

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Lake Placid, Fl
Reviewed 1 August 2007

We found the room not to be the cleanest we've ever seen. There was hair on the bathroom floor the first time I went into it, so I know it wasn't from either of us. We had a kingsized bed with only two pillows on it. When we asked for more, we were told they had no more pillows to give out. The lightbulb on the desk lamp didn't work. Also, although we had a coffee maker, we had no coffee pot. All in all, not a satisfactory stay.

John Edward Wyant, Sr. and Nancy Pence

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty bathroom, not enough pillows, no coffee maker
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank JasmineLakePlacid

Travellers are raving about these Fort Pierce hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 March 2006

The exterior of the place gives a good first impression. I was willing to pay the $12/night premium compared to a competitor down the street because the price included a continental breakfast. After checking in I asked about the pool and was told they didn't have one. I'll take credit for this mistake because I didn't ask earlier. It wasn't the cleanest inside and the beds were only OK. The toilet had to be flushed twice and the desk chair in the room had wobbly legs; it was nearly broken and unsafe. At 1:30am we were awaken when someone tried to enter our room. Luckly the latch was on the door preventing full entry. Within 3 minutes the front desk called and asked why we were in this room; we were supposed to the in the room next door. (this was not the case according to the room number provided in writing when I rec'd the keys.) I arrived for breakfast the next morning at 8:45am and there was almost nothing left for breakfast. ( I was not told times for the breakfast at check in and the breakfast buffet ran until 10:00am at the Hampton I just stayed it.) For cereal then had only coco puffs and fruit loops. I asked for the fruit bowl to be replenished or at least a single serving and for some corn flakes or raisin bran. I was told that the wouldn't replenish because they were closing down in 15 minutes and all flavors of cereal in the rack had to be consumed before they would open a new case.

At time of check out I politely expressed my dis-satisfaction to Jamie at the front desk. No compensation was provided for their poor performance regarding room asignments or breakfast. It will be a long time before I ever consider staying at a Quality Inn again. This was definately not worth the $118/night we paid.

Stayed March 2006