“Walked in and paint was peeling from the bath tub poor impression”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Fort Pierce
“Walked in and paint was peeling from the bath tub poor impression”
Reviewed 12 December 2010

We stayed at this motel on our way to FL. It was very late and we were very tired. All we wanted was a decent rate, a clean and presentable room. When we walked in the first thing noticed was paint peeling off the bath tub!!! I couldn't believe a company as large as Choice Hotels would rent such a room. Obviously this company is more interested in $$$ than customer's first impressions. Sent an email to Choice and received a very lame response from a "General Manager" who did apology and thanked me for bringing it to their attention however he offered no reimbursements such as discount on next stay etc. I even mentioned in the email that we decided to give them a second chance on the way back from FL and that experience wasn't much better (see Quality Inn, Valdosta, GA review) . He never even mentioned how they planned to rectify the complaint.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Ok for an overnighter. We arrived late and front desk was really helpful. Room was fine. Place was quiet. Function place I suppose. Somewhere to sleep, do your laundry and sleep while you're trying to get somewhere else. But don't have breakfast - never seen such a collection of synthetic and processed foodstuffs in one place. Fancy putting SunnyD in a jug and pretending it's orange juice....

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 26 April 2009

My first stay here (last week) was not great, but I decided to give them another shot. That was a mistake. The front desk girl does not like to have her time with her boyfriend interrupted for silly things like checking guests in, and it shows. She charged me the wrong room rate, and acted like it was my fault. Then she gave me the wrong room, then a key that didn't work. Never uttered so much as an "I'm sorry" or anything to try to make me feel welcome. The AC took several hours to cool down the room, and it was not very hot outside. The cable TV service had static on many channels. The breakfast was supposed to go until 9:30, but by 8:00 most things had run out & were not refilled. The room was clean, maintained in fair condition. For a good experience, go elsewhere. If you are in a bind & need a room, it will do.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Fort Pierce hotels

Flint, Michigan
Reviewed 23 April 2008

Us & another couple spent a night here 3/08. The location was near the x-way plus several resturants. The room was average with no problems. We arrived early in the day (5 pm) and found there was no seating outside, so it was set in the room or go somewhere (we did). The front desk was not much help when ask for information. Our friends asked to be moved away from the stairs to upper level and were denied, odd because ther were many rooms vacant that night.

• Liked — easy from x-way
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank daylate
Georgia
Reviewed 23 August 2007

After one of us was burned by a faulty lamp, and several other room deficiencies were called to management's attention as the lamp was returned to the desk , they agreed to get maintenance while we were out. 3 hours later, we returned. Nothing had been done. Next morning, the coffee maker flooded the counter. At checkout we asked the hotel to honor the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee posted in every room. Meanwhile, the maids had stripped the room, even though we had not checked out and our belongings were still in the room. The desk refused to issue credit, not denying the problems, but saying only the owner Mr. Patel could do that and he would not be available. In fact, he never became available. We then had the desk agree and sign my list of deficiencies; the evidence is ironclad. The hotel sent the charge to DIscover regardless, and then claimed that once the charge had been entered no credit could be issued (nonsense, of course). We then involved Discover (no use, since the only thing they cared about is whether we actually stayed at the motel) and then the chain's franchisor, Choice Hotels. It was clear they understood the situation perfectly, but said they had been unable (and could not) force Mr. Patel to honor the guarantee. The State of Florida was then asked to look into the motel's safety aspects, and found several deficiencies (our room had by this time been fixed), but could do no more. The Better Business Bureau was informed, and in their reply to BBB, the motel continued to refuse to issue credit, and even began to lie about the events (notwithstanding the signed list). They continue to deny responsibility. We recommend AVOIDING THIS MOTEL.

Stayed April 2007
3 Thank ClassicTraveller28
Lake Placid, Fl
Reviewed 1 August 2007

We found the room not to be the cleanest we've ever seen. There was hair on the bathroom floor the first time I went into it, so I know it wasn't from either of us. We had a kingsized bed with only two pillows on it. When we asked for more, we were told they had no more pillows to give out. The lightbulb on the desk lamp didn't work. Also, although we had a coffee maker, we had no coffee pot. All in all, not a satisfactory stay.

John Edward Wyant, Sr. and Nancy Pence

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty bathroom, not enough pillows, no coffee maker
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank JasmineLakePlacid
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 March 2006

The exterior of the place gives a good first impression. I was willing to pay the $12/night premium compared to a competitor down the street because the price included a continental breakfast. After checking in I asked about the pool and was told they didn't have one. I'll take credit for this mistake because I didn't ask earlier. It wasn't the cleanest inside and the beds were only OK. The toilet had to be flushed twice and the desk chair in the room had wobbly legs; it was nearly broken and unsafe. At 1:30am we were awaken when someone tried to enter our room. Luckly the latch was on the door preventing full entry. Within 3 minutes the front desk called and asked why we were in this room; we were supposed to the in the room next door. (this was not the case according to the room number provided in writing when I rec'd the keys.) I arrived for breakfast the next morning at 8:45am and there was almost nothing left for breakfast. ( I was not told times for the breakfast at check in and the breakfast buffet ran until 10:00am at the Hampton I just stayed it.) For cereal then had only coco puffs and fruit loops. I asked for the fruit bowl to be replenished or at least a single serving and for some corn flakes or raisin bran. I was told that the wouldn't replenish because they were closing down in 15 minutes and all flavors of cereal in the rack had to be consumed before they would open a new case.

At time of check out I politely expressed my dis-satisfaction to Jamie at the front desk. No compensation was provided for their poor performance regarding room asignments or breakfast. It will be a long time before I ever consider staying at a Quality Inn again. This was definately not worth the $118/night we paid.

Stayed March 2006