“Tasty Fare, Great Ambience, and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mulhollows Bistro 215 - CLOSED

Mulhollows Bistro 215
Price range: US$14 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Atlanta, Georgia
“Tasty Fare, Great Ambience, and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

We discovered this on our last eve at the beach. It was a hidden gem in downtown Fort Walton, FL. The owner was a sassy lassy with a dry sense of humor, which we all appreciated. The chef (her husband) came out to meet and greet and he was lovely.

The atmosphere was romantic: well-lit and considerately appointed.

Excellent wine selection.

We began with a salad with a dressing made by the owner: honey jalepeno. Excellent and flavorful. Not at all mundane. The lettuce was simple iceberg with romaine but the dressing was so amazing that it didnt matter. It was sublime.

From there, the kids got respectively, the fried ravis and the eggplant. Both tasty and delicious. My partner and I split the corn and crawfish chowder. Frankly, the chowder was the best thing I tasted. Maybe with the tie going to the salad dressing. Off the chain on flavor--made the taste buds sing.

The grouper was good as well. Something about the almonds though needed work. It was good but not anything I would crave. But the veggies were cooked perfectly.

Anyway, it was a great meal and we had fabulous service, very attentive. Will be back.

Visited July 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food, Service, and Atmosphere!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

The food was great, I loved the service and their personality! It was great! The chef even came out to us! They were so fast. It is a great restaurant and a great one to try!

1 Thank Patrickdobrien
Columbus MS
“Nice Meal/Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Brought two boys and the wife for dinner. Very friendly atmosphere and service. Food was very good. I had Red Fish with Crawfish sauce, my wife had the filet, one son had Chicken Marsala and the other had chicken strips which they fixed up special for him along with fried cheese cake!
They have some very unique salad dressings including a Thai vinaigrette which was quite nice, and a sweet maple vinaigrette. My wife enjoyed her steak and my son thought the Marsala was really great. They had a nice olive oil dip for the bread with salads. The atmosphere is cozy, and sitting by the window facing the street gives it a bit of a French Bistro feel. The Stuffed Eggplant appetizer was quite nice as were the blackened pot stickers. Overall, a very good meal. Some of the things I saw on the web site menu were no longer there, specifically escargot. Still, I thought the menu had a very nice variety. You can pretty much find something for everybody.

Destin, Florida
“Nice late lunch after shopping downtown Destin for Vintage clothing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

My shopaholic friend suggested Mulhollows one day for a late lunch and we, too, found they were almost ready to close but SO accommodating and truly pleasant. The atmosphere was bistro-chic and I can't wait to go back with my husband and enjoy a full meal and live music, along with a special wine to share! I hope this Bistro fares well -- its exactly the kind of place we need more of in the Destin/Ft. Walton Beach area. I know we'll be back and wanted to spread the word here on Tripadvisor.

• Visited May 2013
Oakton, Virginia
“Foodie from DC gives it great reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

As a person who grew up in Fort Walton Beach and now lives in Washington DC, I didn't think I could find a really nice place to take my husband for our date night while visiting family on vacation. I was very impressed with the food, drink, service and ambiance of Mulhollows Bistro 215 and I see why it is ranked so high. The recommended wine was very good, appetizer of Eggplant was great, dinner was a Prime Rib of PORK was heavenly and dessert of Crème Bruleee was very fine. The owners (husband and wife Dan and Tracy) made sure our experience was delightful and we closed the restaurant. I will visit each time at the Emerald Coast.