“Nice location and OK food”

The Gulf Okaloosa Island
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I’ve been to places similar to this before with no table service which is sometimes nice but for such a massive place it seemed very strange with a bunch of young teens running around looking for the small number flag placed on the persons table by the time I got my food I could tell it the person had been looking for my number for a while because my food was almost cold. For something as small as extra pita bread with the massive amount of dip I was given I had to wait in a line that wrapped around to the front of the building for about 20 min way over priced for the service you get here feel bad for the kids who work here as it seemed not all of the members of the staff are the friendliest to each other but the food options here though are just something you don’t see very often in this town which is probably one of the only good things about this restaurant

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped in for dinner with the family. Food was great even though they have a very limited menu. Location was awesome, very picturesque. Bar could have been better, poured good drinks, but one bartender never left one corner and left the rest of a four sided bar to one gal who was trying her best but lacking, not her fault. With better bar tending would be 5 stars.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Atmosphere is so relaxing. Sit in the palm trees outside by the bay. The food is wonderful I have eaten there several times and would highly recommend for quality and freshness. My family loved this place. Great for kids of all ages.

1  Thank funinthesun268
Reviewed 30 May 2018

We tried The Gulf for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It's in a great location and has beautiful views of the water. The menu changes daily, and it's not a large menu. If you have picky eaters, I would check what is on the menu before driving out there. Our food was good and the service was ok. You walk up to order and the food is delivered to your table. I was surprised that they don't offer water for free. If you want water, you have to purchase bottled water, which is kind of annoying. There are a handful of tables under umbrellas, but most are not covered. They really need more covered tables because it gets hot, even at dinner time. I'm glad we tried it and, while it's not on our list of Okaloosa favorites, we will likely eat there again on our next trip.

1  Thank SoonerMom87
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

I remember my first time... So I was invited here with friends while out for business and it is a nice environment. Staff is super polite and friendly. I tried the fried grouper and that was great. I then followed that up with the crab fries, talk about delicious!! Prices are, well not cheap, more moderate. However it would be great for a date, group, gathering. Nice place!