“Great”

Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Naples, Florida
“Great”
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Our stay was great the staff was friendly. Rooms where very clean.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 13 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel over the 4th of July weekend for 5 nights and the service from the maid service was terrible. Two of the five days our room was not cleaned and we had to go to the front desk to get fresh linen. The rooms were not cleaned effectively on the other days. The wifi was also out for two days.

While the room was acceptable and the breakfast average for a continental breakfast, the maid service ruined the stay. The front desk staff indicated that someone was let go and they were having problems.

To top off our stay, our final night, we returned to our room to find our bed partially made and the pillows on the sofa but the rest of the room had not been touched.

Upon departure, our bill was adjusted for our inconvenience but our accommodations were a major let down.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2011

When I walked in for check in, there were two women at the desk. One was on the phone and we greeted me. As I was being checked in, the lady helping me was more interested in the other lady on the phone. I got my room key (only got one key for my family of four). Room was ok. Furniture was sparse but I was only there for one night. Room was clean as well as the bathroom. The beds were comfy. I could not get wifi to work with the password I was given. I called the front desk and was given the same password which did not work. Breakfast was ok. Just the typical hotel breakfast with waffles. When I went to check out, there was no one at the desk. I waited for approx. 20 minutes and no one ever showed up. My husband even walked right in to the office snd there was no one around. I was completely astounded that no one was there on a Saturday morning! I finally left a note with my key on he desk and left. Overall, hotel was fine for a clean place to sleep. If you are looking for anything more than that, go somewhere else!

• Stayed July 2011
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The desk staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is a very short drive from lots of beaches and restaurants -- no beach views, but a great value and location.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
florida
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We recently traveled to Fort Walton Beach from Jacksonville Florida for a two-day BMX state race. Emerald Coast BMX listed several hotels close to the track in the application packet given to participants; Comfort Inn was one of those listed. Having never been to Fort Walton Beach I decided to research the area on the web unfortunately, very little was out there regarding hotels, dinning etc. I decided on this hotel after reading the reviews. I can honestly say I was very pleased with Comfort Inn from the first. The lobby was clean and open and furnished with a modern style. I was immediately greeted by the front desk clerk who was friendly and informative offering information on the location of the elevators, pool f itness facility and breakfast room. My total check in time was under five minutes! When I located my room I was concerned that it was not very far from the elevators and ice machine and was afraid that I would be hearing a lot of noise from both during the night. Those fears were completely unfounded, as I never heard a sound from either the ice machine or the elevator during my stay. Upon entering the room I was overjoyed to find it totally spotless, spacious and well equipped (our room had a microwave, refrigerator and a fold out couch in the seating area) the air system was quiet and worked well and the window well insulated, as we never heard street noise. As further testament to the overall quiet of the room we had a severe thunderstorm come thru the area and the thunder was so muffled we slept easily!! The indoor pool is very nice and the pool area clean not to mention safe as a door key is required for entry (also true of the fitness area) The breakfast room is open, clean and offers muffins, juices, cereal, waffles and a selection of fruits. As an added bonus there is a small computer area with printers and shedders in the lobby; wi-fi is offered at the hotel for free as well. Overall this hotel exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 6 March 2011

The staff was very friendly and efficient. I used a booking agency and check-in lasted maybe a min. The room however was a different story. Let me begin by saying that the beds were made and wicked comfy, everything else...well...after driving all that way, of course the first thing I had to do was go use the facilities. O my goodness-there were pubic hairs in the toilet! Ok-it's a toilet, no biggie right-my sis goes to run a hot bath and what do you know! Yep, it was the pubes again!! We'd already called the front desk once to let them know that the tub wasn't working properly-were not offered another room-so we had a feeling calling back probably wouldn't do any good. So we cleaned the tub ourselves, stuck a washcloth in the drain-no stoppers-and went ahead and took our respective baths. While she was in the bath, I went to call for pizza and turns out the only number the phone would dial was front desk!! So I used my cell, in the process of looking up pizza number, I discovered a rather thick layer of dust on nearly everything I touched-except for the beds. The beds are the only good thing I really have to say about this establishment...they were made and comfortable. End of story.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank nursekatie2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Stayed here once before. Room was very clean, bed was comfortable. Great staff. Everything worked in the fitness room and pool and hot tub were great. Highly recommended. Not a lot of frills, just a good clean quiet place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business