“An Excellent Stay Was Needed....”

Comfort Inn and Suites
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
New Orleans, Louisiana
“An Excellent Stay Was Needed....”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I must say....working in the service industry, I expected a LOT more that I didn't receive on my stay here. This hotel was exactly what me and my family was looking for in a weekend getaway. The price was nice. The location was perfect. The amenities were so/so. We stayed for 2 nights. The kids definitely enjoyed the indoor pool since it rained throughout our stay. Breakfast was ok (wish there was some sort of meat on the menu). Our room was not cleaned. No towels left but towels taken. Trash was not removed. Then at checkout I left some jewelry in the bathroom that I called back for less than 1 hour later and was told housekeeping had "cleaned" the room and it was not found. It took them 30 minutes to call me and tell me that. Very disappointed!!

Room Tip: Elevator is a GREAT help....runs slow but a great help
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank C S
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 3 March 2013
Thank you for taking time to post about your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear we did not meet 100% of your expectations? We do our best to make sure each and every guest has an exceptional stay. Please always know at anytime during your stay you are able to call down to the front desk and ask for any items you may need in your guest room, including towels.
We will be sure to mention this to our housekeeping department to ensure each guest always has the basic items in every room.
I will also follow up with our General Manager regarading the items left in your room and if we are able to locate them, we will contact you.
Thank you for your business! We do hope to see you again in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Arthur, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We paid a little more but still under my $100 maximum for a room with a water view. Did not disappoint. Room was large, comfortable, very clean. Desk clerks were friendly and welcoming. Heated pool was not quite as advertised but the hot tub felt good. Decent breakfast with plenty of choices.

Room Tip: Ask for water view. Will cost a little more.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
Thank you so very much for your kind review. We appreciate your time to post about your recent stay and hope you will always make our hotel your home away from home every time your travels bring you to Ft Walton!
Thank you for your business!!!!
Marshfield, Missouri
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We stayed here for four nights in a full suite. This hotel is fairly new and is well kept. The suite was large, it had two queens, a sleeper sofa and a full kitchen with a mini-fridge and a full fridge. The only thing lacking about the kitchen was that it did not have any utensils or plates. The beds were very comfortable and my daughters loved sleeping on the "little bed".

The hotel staff was wonderful and friendly. The breakfast in the morning was good, waffles, cereal, toast, fruit and oatmeal. It helped us out to not have to buy breakfast each morning.

The pool was large and there was also a hot tub. We enjoyed having the pool, as well as the hotel, to ourselves because we visited in the off season. The location of the hotel is great, only about 10 minutes from the public beaches on Okaloosa island. Staying in Fort Walton is considerably cheaper than staying in Destin, but definitely close enough to enjoy what Destin has to offer.

Also, for other families with little ones, there is a nice public park about a half a mile down the road with two great playgrounds and a view of the water. We took advantage of that park several times.

Room Tip: Pay the extra few dollars and upgrade to a suite. There is a big difference in the size of the room.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Erin L
Michelle W, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Thanks so much for taking time to post about your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear we met your expectations! We hope you make us your home away from home every time your travels bring you back to Ft Walton!
pensacola
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

This is a newer hotel in the area. It was beautifully decorated in thee lobby and in rooms. We loved the high ceilings in the room. Not sure if it was because we were on the top floor our if it's that way in all rooms. Everything was very clean and comfortable. The only down side was no sausage/bacon in the morning, just the sausage gravy. We will definatly return.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank diamondoh84
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

Newer property, contemporarily furnished, and comfortable. Staff was friendly, exercise facilities were furnished with quality equipment in proper working condition. I stayed here for business and it was an enjoyable stay.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank lforbus
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I have stayed here about 4 times before. CS has always been a issue, but nothing to was too bad. In fact the last time I stayed there it was a great stay all around. This time however not so much. I was in the area working and sure where I was going to stay since i was traveling between business stops so when I knew I could make FWB I called this Comfort Inn and got quoted a price of 71.99 with a AAA discount. I prepared to give my CC , but the girl said come on in and make the reservations at the desk. When i arrived I was quoted a price of 98.00. After a few minutes discussion they gave me the 71.99 price. I went up to the room and found it to be unclean. Food was on the table and on the floor, bed was unmade, towels out of order, etc. I then went down to front desk and asked for another room. They apologized and quickly got me into another room. When I got into that room I found someone elses luggage there, probably a female judging from the style. I quickly closed the door and went back down to the front desk. ( I would of left at this point if i had not had to get reports and phone calls off for work asap.) They apologized again and comped one night and got me into another room. The third room the lamp shade was busted, the door to the closet was broken and the hair dryer did not work, but at this time was too tired to care. The shell of this hotel is sound, location is pretty good and it did have potential , however the staff and upkeep are a concern here, thus I will not be staying here again. Safety, CS , and cleanliness are really a concern here and judging from the decline in these things over the last month I would say this problem is going to get worse.

Room Tip: Look before you get to far into the room someone might be there. Also use the safety latch at...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Harry D
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights. It was a clean and friendly hotel. The beds were comfortable and the location is very central to anywhere else you want to visit. The free breakfast was OK, but not great. That's OK because the rooms have refrigerators and I bought my own yogurt and fruit. The staff was friendly and polite. I would stay here again with no problem. Reasonable rates for this time of year. All around decent stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo