“Needs Mechanical Help and an Honest Front Desk Team”

Comfort Inn and Suites
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Upon drive up, the exterior and public areas looked fine. Our check-in process was efficient and smooth. We were surprised at the wide hallways and the generous size of our room. Upon arrival, we noticed that our room was stuffy and warm. Thinking that this is not unusual on a hot Florida July afternoon, we turned down the A/C and went out for the evening.

We returned to our room at 10PM and the room was 79 degrees, despite the A/C being on. We called the front desk and a maintenance person arrived quickly. He worked on the A/C and found a wiring problem. He also tried to fix the volume on our TV; it would not go high enough to hear. He said he would look for an A/C unit and TV for us. After 30 minutes, I called the front desk: "The maintenance person was looking for the A/C unit and TV for us." After another 30 minutes, I called the front desk again. The lady said the maintenance person went home for the night. I asked about changing rooms; we could not as the hotel was full. After some prompting on my part, the night desk manager offered a deeply discounted rate for our inconvenience if we would stay the night. We agreed.

Upon checkout the next morning, the day manager had notes about our experiences. However, she said we were only offered a $40 discount, not the rate promised the night before. After considerable debate at the counter, I asked for the General Manager. The desk person tried calling the GM at home (it was Sunday) but could not reach her.

I made calls to the GM, Michelle Garcia, for two days after our checkout. She was gracious and ultimately gave me the discount rate promised. However, I had to spend a considerable amount of energy to resolve this issue; I only wanted what was promised me to get me to stay the night in a tough situation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MSPTraveler2
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to let us know about your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear you had a few issues in your guest room, but am happy to hear the end result was what the night auditor offered. During busy summer months when all of our rooms are full, its hard to move a guest when we do not have availability. I sure wish we did have a room to move you to, so you would have a prefect stay. We would love the opportunity to host you again and show you the hotel is a great place to stay. We want every guest to leave happy and want to return. Thank you for your business. We appreciate you.

Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 2nd year in a Row great customer service, rooms are always clean, good size bathrooms, good coffee, feels like home, great breakfast!! Will return a great place for a family!!staff are awesome will alway do what they can to help in any way!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. We love to hear you are a return guest and plan to make our hotel your home away from home when your travels bring you back to Ft Walton. We are thrilled we met your expectations! Thank you for your business!!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

We arrived and checked in, got to our room and the air didn't work. My husband went down to tell the staff and was advised to just "unplug and reset it". We tried that but it still blew hot. This went on for an hour. He went down to tell them again and the lady acted like there was nothing she could do about it at first. Finally after getting the run around she moved us to another room but said "the tv was acting up in this room so just flip it off and on if it doesn't work". Wow amazing. Our room smelled so horrible with paint fumes that my kids woke up sick from the smell. Breakfast area was very small and the tables wobbled tons. There was one bottle of syrup out for the waffles for everyone to share which I thought was very unsanitary and not to mention not enough to go around. There were some sort of small bugs crawling on the pastries as well. This was the second time we have had an awful stay at a comfort Inn. The last was in houston Texas. The staff was very unfriendly as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank krystlel207

We appreciate your time to let us know about your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. We will be sure to note your issues and ensure our staff address`s each concern. We do want every guest to have an exceptional stay, so we would like to invite you back in the near future to have a much better stay in Ft Walton. We appreciate you and your business.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Stayed at the Comfort Inn because it was convenient to family we were visiting. Very close to the beaches and lots of restaurants. There are a lot of things to do in the area. We checked in at around 5 oclock and our room was ready for us. Quick and easy. Our first room was on the second floor in the back and was nice and quiet. The room and bathroom were very clean. The bed was comfortable, with the exception of the teeny, tiny pillows they give you. Really hard to sleep with.
We were unable to enter our room the second day, had an issue with the door key reader.The young lady at the front desk quickly had us in a new room and taken care of. I do not like indoor pools so we didn't use it, but there were other folks in there having fun. There is a small gym and a computer room, but we didn't use those either. We did use the breakfast for 3 mornings, and it was well taken care of. I wish I would have gotten the name of the woman in charge, but I did thank her. It was standard with eggs, bacon or sausage, hot and cold cereals, toast, bagels etc.
She just did such a great job of keeping everything full and clean all while asking everyone if they needed anything.
Overall we had a great stay, nice employees, only observation was that in both rooms we had , the carpets needed cleaning. Oh, and those pillows. Yikes.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank worker1234
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Thank you so much for being our guest while on your vacation. We are thrilled to hear you had a great time. We do hope to see you again soon. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel on a last minute trip to the area. I was joining some others that already had a room elsewhere. This hotel was convenient to most other attractions. Their rooms were clean, staff friendly, and parking lot was large and well lit. Because of my late check in, I was given a first floor room. The staff told me the rooms on floor one were quiet, but this was NOT the case at all. I consistently heard noises: banging doors, screaming children, etc. All in all, a good stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

Thank you for taking time to post about your recent stay. We are happy you made the choice to stay with us during your trip to Ft Walton. We hope to see you back again when your travels bring you back to our area! Thank you for your business!!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Got there at 3 pm for check in, and they gave us a dirty room,went back to front desk, and had to wait for them to find a clean room, front desk staff was squabbling with another traveler due to room not being ready as promised , they were short and with a non proffessional attitude,when we finally got the room, it was clean and cozy,but the carpet in the room, and in front of the elevators was dirty with stains,there was mold in the roof of the pool room,staff was hesitant when asking for extras such as towels and such,parking is good, breakfast was fair,but not enough tables to accommodate,all those needing a table to sit down.Not sure I would come back in the future due to the attitude of the staff !

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thanks for your review. I am very sorry to hear you had a bad experience. We will certainly address your concerns with our team. We would like to ask you to come back in the near future and allow us to meet your expectations!
Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

booked and was suppose to be checked in at 2 but made us waited over an hour in the lobby bc it wasn't clean yet. didn't even go to the pool to swim while waiting. I think the receptionist was a bit of a racist. didn't bother to smile or look at us in the eye. id pay a bit more for a better serviced place.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank kim8755
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Our regular check in is at 3:00. Early request are able to be made, however if we are sold out the night prior, its very hard to get all of the rooms cleaned and inspected if guest stay after their scheduled check out time. Regardless, our staff should always make every guest feel welcome. We always do whatever we can to make all of our guest feel at home. I really hope you will allow us another chance to give you an exceptional experience. Its our goal to have every guest leave happy and excited to return! We do hope to see you again in the near future.