“B311 is a Great Value! NIce Pool and Marina. Great fishing from marina! I love this place!”

Pirates Bay Guest Chambers & Marina
Biloxi, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

B311 is my favorite condo in Pirate's Bay. It is nicely updated and has a great view. I love this place, and stay here every time I am in Fort Walton Beach. The value can't be beat in my opinion. It's an efficiency condo, so I would not try to put a whole family into a unit (like I've seen a few attempt lol). For a non-smoker, B311 is the perfect condo because it is a non-smoking unit and recently renovated. The marina is the best if you like to fish. I've caught 14 species of fish off the marina (which has fishing lights to attract bait fish). Unlike other posts, I have found the management group to be super friendly and very welcoming. I would highly recommend Pirate's Bay.By the way, the pool is awesome! Only negative is that I can't live there because I work in another State.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Victoria F, Public Relations Manager at Pirates Bay Guest Chambers & Marina, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you so much! I am so please that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Pirates' Bay Guest Chambers & Marina, and all of the amenities that we have to offer. We hope you travel to Fort Walton Beach again soon, and please let us know when you are coming so we can reserve your favorite room for you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Pros: The place was pretty, the pool was wonderful, the boat dock makes for a nice walk, the mini-beech by B-bldg is humorously enjoyable (literally, it's like 30 feet long), most people around here are friendly to include the staff/cleaning ladies, and B112 is the best room ever (request it).

Cons: With all that said, I wish the staff were less profit-driven... everyone has unforeseen changes of plans every once in a while, and if PiratesBayCondos would just go above and beyond for their customers, this hotel would be rated better. I sadly have to rate this hotel a 3/5 simply because of my issue with extending my 2-month stay... Also, if you do extend, make sure to request that you don't get locked out of your room. They do this thing where they'll take your money but lock you out of your room so you have to call their personal lines to get a hold of someone to let you in at 2am in the morning lol. I'm sure it's just a flaw in their business process for extensions =P

HOWEVER, if your plans are solid and you don't need flexibility, this is probably the place for you. If you are military, please know that your lodging rate doesn't necessarily carry over for an orders extensions (so you might have to move on base/elsewhere).

B

Room Tip: B-bldg is better, B112 is best, 1st floor floods during storms
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Victoria F, Director of Marketing at Pirates Bay Guest Chambers & Marina, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. We are glad you enjoyed B112 and all the amenities that Pirates' Bay Guest Chambers & Marina has to offer. The experience you described with our staff is not characteristic of the level of service we strive to provide. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Your feedback was shared with our team, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.
Crestview, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Spent the whole day at this Pirate Bay unit. It was very nicely decorated and had everything we needed at our finger tips. Loved the view from the balcony of the pool and the pass where the boat docks are. There was always something to watch on the water whether it be barges coming through or other boats. It's very centrally located in Ft Walton Beach with many great places yo eat right down the street if you so desire. Very comfortable bed, great kitchenette area if you want to cook and not go out. Located in between Hurlburt Field and Eglin AFB for those military coming into the area. We just had a great time. Would highly recommend this Unit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

When I first checked in, the front desk was very friendly. They happily accepted my money as it was January and there was little business in the hotel. Now that it is in the middle of tourist season, it is a different story. I am in the military and I let them know my family was on their way down from Ohio. You see I am in the middle of a PCS doing a school down here. I have been down here since January and my family came down about a month ago. Last week, we all were sick and have been for about a week now. The condo association here asked us to leave because we were too loud? How do they expect you to be quiet when you are throwing up in the toilet from being sick. For a hotel that said they support the military, I am disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian S
Franklin, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

The property is pretty. My son and I stayed in A212 which was a pretty studio (hotel room). What was so disappointing was when making this reservation, I specifically told them we were making this brief stay to meet with family members in the area. I saw the docks and marina and I thought "great, my son can fish" I saw the pool and thought "perfect" It's really too cold for the beach but a pool would be perfect - well NO pool - I was told that the pump was being fixed BUT would be ready by the time we got there - well it wasn't and I got a "sorry". Totally inadequate response. I would have picked a different property - there are plenty with a pool. Just felt I should have been offered to cancel at least half my stay or offered something.
Won't stay again because I did not feel they really cared about my holiday plans.
And just in case you are light sleeper - walls are like paper - heard every bathroom noise and if TV is left on - you get to listen to that too. BUT property IS pretty.

Room Tip: possibly an end unit - and don't expect everything to be as they say
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Neat property with great pool (super clean and never crowded) and slips to bring your boat along. Not crowded but a PAIN to get anywhere by car near Destin because of horrific traffic (2 miles in 20 minutes). Place was neat and clean enough but housekeeping was a nightmare. Be sure to ask for the towels and toilet paper you need for the entire week when you get their because you won't find housekeeping when you need them. TERRIBLE pull out mattress in B401 - the worst ever. Felt terrible for the kids! And DON'T eat at the Olive Garden - awful. Great people rent long term from the Air Force so the guests/tenants we did encounter could not have been nicer. Good value as long as you know what you are getting into.

Room Tip: B401 has wrap around porch - see the pool and boats docked.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank LovetheFLKeys08
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed August 5-7 for a quick getaway. We planned to stay longer but the rain drove us home. The unit we stayed in, A107, had been cosmetically updated and had cute furniture and decor. The fold down bed was on the small side since I am used to a California king but it was comfortable. We liked having a little cooktop, microwave and fridge, and patio. We actually booked the quality inn & suites up the road but were horrified at what we saw there and walked into pirates bay and were lucky to get a room after hours. I should have gone with my intuition and just booked pirates bay to begin with but the other hotel said it had a boat launch which turned out to be unusable. Having boat slips here (pirates bay) is a big plus, as we had brought our boat. I usually stay at sandestin but this was a nice little find and a good value. There is a boat launch just a little ways back up the road at a public park but we launched from one on brooks st. FYI for boaters.

• Stayed August 2012