I made a reservation with the Hampton Inn reservation line. I specifically told the agent the type of room I was looking for. I stated that I was traveling with 6 people- 2 adults, 2 kids and 2 teenagers. I told the agent that I wanted a suite with a separate bed room. The agent booked my reservation for the Easter weekend and stated that she had only one more room left to accommodate me so I hurried and booked it. I thought a room rate of 220.00 was a good deal for a one room suite for a holiday weekend. When I arrived at the hotel the front desk clerk was very friendly and the check-in process went smoothly. I was so happy and excited until I opened the door to my room. There I see a room with 2 beds and a pull out couch with no separate bedroom. I was mortified. Imagine being in a room with no privacy with 4 kids. I immediately called the front desk and was told that they do not have suites at the Hampton Inn, just regular old rooms. I told the front desk clerk that I was told I would be in a suite and was never informed of this. He replied that you are in a suite, a JR suite... Again I was so upset!!! He had the manager to call me back, now at this point I was so mad that my head was pounding but I remained calm and not at all rude. This is one of the reasons for not wanting to go back- I felt like I was lied to twice. The manager said that she is very sorry for my inconvenience and would reduce my rate to the standard room rate. She said your rate is 249.00 and the standard rate is 199.00. My room rate was not 249.00 it was 220.00 and the front desk clerk had already told me earlier that the standard room rate was 169.00. So you see, this hotel tells nothing but lies. She wanted me to feel like she was giving me this huge discount when in fact, she only reduced my rate by 20 bucks... WOW. Now I’m not the type that wants something for nothing but please do not lie to me. I didn't either bother letting her know that my rate is only 220.00 and the standard rate was told to me earlier to be 169.00. I just was like whatever because I did not want to spoil the rest of my trip getting into a confrontation. I JUST WANT TO LET EVERY BODY KNOW WHEN DEALING WITH HAMPTON, TO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE GETTING WHAT YOU WERE PROMISED AND PAID FOR.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Hampton Inn Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach Fort Walton Beach, Florida