“Nice Beach Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
“Nice Beach Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Great beach hotel and it's only a short drive to Destin.

The front desk clerk was very busy with several customers and answering calls when we arrived. In spite of all the juggling, she remained upbeat, cheerful, and never lost her composure.

Although I had requested an upper level room with a beach view, none were available when we checked in. Our room was #148 and the desk clerk, knowing I wanted to view the beach, told us we have direct access to the beach. Initially I was disappointed to be on the first floor but was pleasantly surprised and very happy once I saw our room. It was very spacious, quiet and just a few steps away from the bridge that led to the beach. In addition, said bridge has a shower and hose for rinsing before returning to your room.

Staff was very nice, informative and attentive throughout our 4 day visit. Small repair to bath tub drain was made immediately upon request. Towels were generously given and that's great when you're so close to the water. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Great coffee!

Cons: They need a new wifi system. We kept getting kicked off and had to log back in quite a bit. (I guess it was telling us to get off the system and go outside and enjoy the sand and surf. LOL!)

I rated cleanliness as "Very Good" and not "Excellent" only because of our close proximity to the beach and sand can be difficult to keep at bay. Not for lack of trying from the hotel staff. We're right on the beach for goodness sakes! ;-)

I would stay here again and, for someone who always likes to be upstairs, will probably request the same room!

Room Tip: Only ten rooms directly face the beach. First floor (we were in Room 148) has a small dune which pa...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jodi N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
McKinney, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

A little run down with an OK breakfast but the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Problem is, that a $200+ hotel should be more than OK. I have a problem with a hotel charging this much, and then charging to rent a chair/umbrella on the beach. They also set out the chairs to cover every inch of space on the waterline in front of hotel - might be nice to leave a few gaps for others from the hotel to use. Pool looked very nice, but we didn't use it (went to the beach). Lots of nice places to eat within easy distance to drive (or even walk to several). Old Bay Steamer and Black Pearl were excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Folsom Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this particular location. Michelle (management) was absolutely AMAZING! She needs to be duplicated, I wish every single business on this earth had management like her. She was accomodating as well as attentive to my needs. The breakfast staff was WONDERFUL as well. Yes I will stay at this location again and yes I will recommend it to family and friends. The rooms are renovated and contemporary absolutely beautiful!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

My only issue with my stay was that I couldn't stay longer!! The hotel is right on the beach, and just a short drive to Destin. There are also plenty of restaurants within walking distance. The rooms and lobby appeared to be newly renovated. The staff was also extremely friendly. Everyone I encountered had a smile on their face. Talk about Hamptonality, I will definitely be returning!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Michelle U
Cypress, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

For the price, this really is a great hotel. All of the staff are extremely friendly and courteous. The location is nice (easy access to both Ft Walton and Destin). And the facilities are well kept (clean and well maintained).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Colfax
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay. This is a nice property really what one would expect from a Hilton. The hotel is only two stories and the rest in Ft Walton Beach are 6 stories. I like that there were no "high rises" The breakfasts were good and the staff friendly and attentive. I would stay here again. Not the best view from our room but only the 8 rooms facing the beach have view.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christopher L
Terry, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was a very nice hotel. We usually rent a condo but werent able to find one due to the fact that it was July 4th. It was very clean and the staff at the front desk were extremely polite. The breakfast buffet was delicious and the young man in charge of it was very good at his job ! The only thing that I would change is that they dont offer complimentary beach chairs and most all other places do , especially for the cost of the hotel ! Umbrella rental is expensive and the guy that runs it was rude !!
Overall I would definately recommend this hotel !

Room Tip: All the rooms on the east side of the building are good.You really need to be on the second floor th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Walton Beach
BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront
BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfro...
#2 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,177 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton B...
#1 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Destin- ...
#7 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West Destin
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West...
#9 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walt...
#3 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach? Share your experiences!