“Great little diner”
Review of Mary's Kitchen

Mary's Kitchen
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We had just played mini-golf and were sweaty from the heat and starving, ran across this place. Husband got a hamburger steak, baked beans and potato salad, all great he said. I tasted the potato salad and it was a little different but quite good. I was craving fried green tomatoes and got those with crinkle fries, yummy comfort food. Although they were busy, our
Waitress provided fast friendly service.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank N0rmalee

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

In My last restaurant review, I complained about the value- no worries about that here! The family had various meals- chicken salad "salad," fried chicken, pork chops, and chicken tender salad. It was all delicious! We were seated at a table by the door, but even so, with the 95 degree temperature outside, we were very comfortable inside. Our server was great! Great visit, great food!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 4 June 2018

After my first time eating here, I figured maybe it was an off day, and gave this restaurant another couple of chances. After the other day, I decided Mary's Kitchen has gotten enough of my money--and I'm tired of leaving hungry...I've had a few different menu items, including some sides--the portions are so skimpy, and not a good value AT ALL for what you get...I suppose, like most places, instead of raising their prices, they just serve in small quantities. Only this place is the most ridiculous by far!!!
I'm not impressed with the pulled pork sandwich--a thin little helping of pork...or the chicken-n-dumplins--more like a small dish of chicken soup...On my last visit, I ordered a medium size of fried catfish...BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!! I received three small, thin, WIMPY pieces of fish, and the greasiest green beans ever...I was so disappointed, especially for the cost of the food...I can't imagine what a small order consists of.
In summary, 1) most definitely not a good value for what you get, and 2) if you want to go, eat beforehand--seriously...

Reviewed 5 May 2018

They don't call it a "greasy spoon" for nothing. Bacon and fries and little wet, but oh so tasty. Service was fast and friendly. Menu just right: had the basics done well, without a lot of fancy.Morning mimosas $2.99. Excellent pricing. Staff made you feel welcomed not rushed.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

The best desserts in town...and the food is amazing too...
We were here for a few days on a business trip and and found this restaurant by luck...We loved it so much we made sure it was our last stop before returning back home to Orlando.
The first trip we ordered the special fried chicken plate and the pulled pork dinner. The sides impressed us as well we had mac & cheese, butter beans and field peas. I am from South Georgia and trust me when I say the vegetables were season to taste.
The desserts we picked were coconut cake and Apple pie...Wow out of this world..so good we decided we would have to come back again before we left.
Today we came for lunch and we both had the hamburger again a big surprised how great there were...but we came back for more desserts lol..today more coconut cake and chocolate peanut butter pie...so good we clean the plates not to leave a crumb lol..
Now last but not least the service we received made us feel like part of the family. They were happy to see us come back it was if we were returning home to our family.
This will for sure be on our "must do" list every time we come back.