Roya Hotel & Suites Bayside
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Super 8 Ft Walton Beach(Fort Walton Beach)
View Hotel
Regency Inn Fort Walton(Fort Walton Beach)
View Hotel
Holiday Lodge & Suites(Fort Walton Beach)
View Hotel
Dolphin Inn(Fort Walton Beach)
  • Pool
Island Mist Condos(Fort Walton Beach)
View Hotel
Comfort Inn and Suites(Fort Walton Beach)
View Hotel
Days Inn Fort Walton Beach(Fort Walton Beach)
View Hotel
Seabreeze Inn(Fort Walton Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewspicnic tablesfresh sheets and towelsbay viewlarge roomprivate beachbreakfast barnice poolshort driveconditioner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed here about 5 years ago with my family and it was much nicer, it was older then too but just seemed cleaner and friendlier. I was there this time with family and granted it was the "Off Season" but that's no excuse.This property has gone down hill A LOT. The room was ok but the carpet was very dirty and smelled of mold and cigar smoke. The bathroom was very small and the toilet wouldn't seem to flush right. The shower was dirty and you could tell it was part of a much older building. I seemed to have run out of hot water during my shower and none of the outside doors locked behind you. The television was a small 32 inch tube style TV.(Come on... this is 2013 get a flat screen) I only stayed one night then checked out and moved to another hotel that was cleaner. The breakfast was ok but was told several of the people had quit and one of the construction guys was fixing the breakfast area food. It was a little weird. I doubt I'll be going back unless they do some serious renovating.

Room Tip: Get a newly renovated room or stay somewhere else cleaner...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I have stayed at this loacation on a regular basis since 2007. It is in an excellent location for travel in the NW Florida area. The rooms are rather larger than avarage, with many nice ammenities, such as micro and fridge.

The downside it that this is an older property, and it does need some renovation; the plus side is that this property was just purchased, and the new owners plan a major renovation.

Everything is clean and well maintained, but it facilities do show signs of wear. It is not new, but it is nice.

It is right on the bay, and while not on the Gulf, you are on the water with nice views from the bayview rooms.

If your travel takes you to the Ft Walton Beach -Destin area, take a look at this location. It has a lot going for it with location and the views.

Room Tip: The second floor of the the bayside wing is really nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Had to find a place to stay for the weekend for my friends wedding. It was cheap the breakfast was good and the pool was nice. It could have been a little cleaner but all in all it was nice and the staff was super friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank melissaaa1212
Reviewed 18 July 2013

It is the dirty everywhere you look there was dirt on the tables when we walked into our room and blood stains in the carpet mold all in the tub and on the calling in the bathroom the wifi didn't work the washers and dryers didn't work in gym they had dead crabs in the floor all 3 days we were there the same carbs were left in the gym floor the free breakfast is a joke they put out some cold frozen biscuits that are like bricks and fruit the hall ways stink like soured clothes and has mold at the top and bottom of the walls it's just plain Jane nastey

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Mary J
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We were overall happy with this hotel. The staff was always very friendly and helpful and the room clean when we arrived. Now if you are expecting something grand I would not stay but it was good enough for us. Like I said, the room was very large and clean. It was a little outdated but that was ok. The pool was large with plenty off room for everyone. You are far enough away from town for peace and quiet but close enough to the beach and shops that it only took a few min to get there. We would def. stay there again if we were to go back. There is a great dock that you can walk out on to enjoy the water in the bay. I also liked that you needed a key to get in the building if you were coming in anywhere other than the lobby. It made me feel a lot safer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family